• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prepare for the worst on Collins

TheNorthCydeRises

I'm not all that impressed with Bagley from what I seen so far. He is explosive but that's about it a lot of people that's guard him or smaller than him or less athletic and he's on a team with other stars so course he's going to look good. I haven't seen Mobamba yet so I can't come in on him.

Edited by Blunt91

2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I'm not all that impressed with Bagley from what I seen so far. He is explosive but that's about it a lot of people that's guard him or smaller than him or less athletic and he's on a team with other stars so course he's going to look good. I haven't seen Mobamba yet so I can't come in on him.

People really don't realize how good what he is doing is. I remember hearing this a lot when LeBron was young. He's not that good. The worst 20/7/7 I've seen. You need to watch the game harder. 

This Duke team isn't all that good outside of Bagley. This team is about as good as some of our previous teams. We got some talent but too young and our PG can't shoot but Bagley makes everything happen. On offense and defense. 

• Premium Member
Josh Magette will drop 50 in a game before the year is out, calling it here first.

That’s enough to keep me watching games :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

So, what is the biggest skill that Bagley possesses?

As a scorer, he's going to be limited to being a rim runner and PNR dive man in the NBA.

As a defender, he's not a rim protector, and he also CONSISTENTLY misses his rotations on defense.  Wendell Carter is a better defender and has shown a better overall skill level.  He's just not as athletic as Bagley.  Carter is also longer.  

21 hours ago, KB21 said:

So, what is the biggest skill that Bagley possesses?

As a scorer, he's going to be limited to being a rim runner and PNR dive man in the NBA.

As a defender, he's not a rim protector, and he also CONSISTENTLY misses his rotations on defense.  Wendell Carter is a better defender and has shown a better overall skill level.  He's just not as athletic as Bagley.  Carter is also longer.  

Footwork in the post, positioning in the paint, quickness, ball handling, speed, BBIQ, can flare, can move off the ball, PnR, PnP once he develops his jumper. crashing the paint. He will be fine offensively in the NBA. 

He's fine on rotations. Wendell Carter is not a better defender and it's foolish to even mention what you just stated. Once again, you are terrible at this. I wish you would quit, you called Sexton Kyrie Irving with defense. 

I wouldn't want Bagley on our team simply because of the fact that we already have Collins who displays a pretty much similar skillset.

He's the only top pick who really doesn't fit with the players we have. 

Ayton as a Embiid type of C makes sense. 

Bamba as Gobert with a jumper makes sense. Most potential of all those guys.

Doncic as 2 guard next to Dennis makes sense even though I'd like to see Pierres development first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Footwork in the post, positioning in the paint, quickness, ball handling, speed, BBIQ, can flare, can move off the ball, PnR, PnP once he develops his jumper. crashing the paint. He will be fine offensively in the NBA. 

He's fine on rotations. Wendell Carter is not a better defender and it's foolish to even mention what you just stated. Once again, you are terrible at this. I wish you would quit, you called Sexton Kyrie Irving with defense. 

You really do not have a clue about what you are speaking of here.

vor 7 Stunden, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

This is the dilemma with having a top 5 pick.  You MUST nail that pick, even if you're already strong at that position.   If the Hawks believe that Bagley is good enough to be a Hall of Fame talent, you don't pass on him because you have John Collins.  This is how a lot of these franchises get caught in the losing matrix.

Remember, this is how we got caught up in 2006, when we opted to take Shelden Williams over Brandon Roy.  And while I was a Shelden advocate ( because we did need a frontline player at the time ), Brandon was the overall better talent.  We missed on back to back lottery picks in 2005 and 2006, because we couldn't identify who was the best player available.

In general you're right. The difference is that I just don't see the talent gap between either of the top 4. If the talent is the same I'd go with best fit. 

Edited by StephenHawking

• Moderators
11 hours ago, KB21 said:

You really do not have a clue about what you are speaking of here.

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Don't worry, I feel exactly the same about whenever you post. 

Fair warning - stop going personal on who knows what they are talking about, etc.  Focus on your assessment of the player and not on who is doing the posting.

• Like 3

I know nothing about Doncic so I can’t speak for him, but if Bagley’s available you take him. In the new NBA I see no reason why he can’t play alongside Collins for extended minutes. He can rebound, score in the paint, is a decent defender, and very athletic. He’s also capable of hitting the three. And at the college level he can guard all five positions. I think once he develops he’ll be able to defend 3-5. 

That said, I think he’s benefited a lot from just being so much more athletic than the other players that he’s faced. He’s done most of his damage in the paint. We’ll see how he holds up in the ACC. But as of now I’d say that he’s the most talented player that we’ve had at Duke since Kyrie. 

vor einer Stunde, devilwentdown2GA sagte:

I know nothing about Doncic so I can’t speak for him, but if Bagley’s available you take him. In the new NBA I see no reason why he can’t play alongside Collins for extended minutes. He can rebound, score in the paint, is a decent defender, and very athletic. He’s also capable of hitting the three. And at the college level he can guard all five positions. I think once he develops he’ll be able to defend 3-5. 

That said, I think he’s benefited a lot from just being so much more athletic than the other players that he’s faced. He’s done most of his damage in the paint. We’ll see how he holds up in the ACC. But as of now I’d say that he’s the most talented player that we’ve had at Duke since Kyrie. 

Thats exactly the point I'm not rating his scoring outbursts as high. I watched full coverage of him in every game he played so far. There's really nothing astonishing to see so far outside of him being a man among boys. Looks like Bol bol at the prep or Zion in HS. He hasn't shown much of a skillset to me at all so far. To me he has the second highest bust potential out of the consensus top 5. 

Potential:

1.Bamba 

2/3/4. Ayton Bagley Porter 

5.Doncic 

Bust Potential:

1.Porter

2.Bagley

3 .Bamba 

4.Ayton

5.Doncic

• Like 1