Prepare for the worst on Collins

TheNorthCydeRises

I predicted 27 to 32 wins. But with both Deadmon Sitting and J-Bap out for weeks, they won't reach 20. Helloooooooooo Top 3 pick. BTW, I'll still watch every game. Like always...

• Like 3

We can finally start actually accepting, not just hoping, the Hawks land one of Ayton/Bagley/Doncic/Bamba/Porter. It's now in the bag. The sandbag...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Thanks goodness!  Was super worried about a lost season.  This is great news.

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

I've had two AC joint injuries from cycling- they are not fun to rehab at all. 2-3 weeks is super optimistic from my experience- but I was in my 30s and 40s for those injuries so a super athletic 20 year old may recover better than I did! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Our Expected W-L based on our season performance so far is 23-59.  That will get worse with these injuries.

I knew from the jump we would look better than our record on the sheets but I knew we had no finishers, one creator who can be easily defended and no one of this team can handle more responsibility than an average NBA player much less average NBA starter. Bazemore has made strides but he also makes Josh Smith like mistakes. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hazer said:

We can finally start actually accepting, not just hoping, the Hawks land one of Ayton/Bagley/Doncic/Bamba/Porter. It's now in the bag. The sandbag...

We need just one. I know it sounds bad but I am hoping Phx lands outside of the top 6. I want to trade Dennis to PHX for Miles Bridges or Jaren Jackson Jr. (if we draft Doncic) and sign a PG in FA. (Isaiah Thomas or Marcus Smart) for example.  I am afraid if they land Sexton, they will pass on trading for Dennis. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, frosgrim said:

I've had two AC joint injuries from cycling- they are not fun to rehab at all. 2-3 weeks is super optimistic from my experience- but I was in my 30s and 40s for those injuries so a super athletic 20 year old may recover better than I did! 

Yeah, most people/players that I've seen with shoulder sprains are out a minimum of 4 - 6 weeks.  We'll see just how good Emory complex is on Collins' shoulder.  If he's back by Christmas, it'll show just how good they are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hazer said:

Pair one of those with Menace, Printz, J-Bap, and a star trade/FA and Hawks are back in the playoffs. Especially if we can hang onto Deadmon Walking. Although he may be the trade bait (along with Gaze dear GAWD please, plus a pick or 2) needed to snag said star in a trade.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We need just one. I know it sounds bad but I am hoping Phx lands outside of the top 6. I want to trade Dennis to PHX for Miles Bridges or Jaren Jackson Jr. (if we draft Doncic) and sign a PG in FA. (Isaiah Thomas or Marcus Smart) for example.  I am afraid if they land Sexton, they will pass on trading for Dennis. 

I like what I have seen from Jaren Jackso Jr. so far this season.  I think he may even move into the top 4 draft prospects by the end of the season.

7 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

I like what I have seen from Jaren Jackso Jr. so far this season.  I think he may even move into the top 4 draft prospects by the end of the season.

I don't think that's possible. There's a gap between the top 5 and Jackson. Sexton is kinda in that mix but not really. He's as good as Fultz and Ball was. Jackson Jr. isn't in that mix at all. He and Bridges have some flaws that will make them lesser tier prospects but they both have high ceilings. Maybe not as high as guys from last year like Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum but just as high as Lauri M and D. Mitchell. 

19 hours ago, pimp said:

Dang. I’m gonna miss seeing the guy play for a few weeks .

I wish we could just remove a healthy AC joint from Bazemore and insert into Collins :biggrin:

Don’t even ask him, just take it.  Just tell him there’s a children’s event at Emory, hit him with the clorophorm  napkin over the mouth, and he wakes up in a cast.  We need some of that sunken value back.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Yes, he will.  Jackson is a better prospect than Bagley, but you will not hear any of the ones who only go by the hype that is given by the media say that.  Jackson has much better length, defensive awareness, and skill development than Bagley.  His "fatal flaws" are that he will rush too much at times and force things, causing turnovers.  What's more of a fatal flaw?  Rushing things as a true freshman, or a complete lack of skill development such as perimeter shooting and passing that Bagley has not shown he can do?

• Like 1

I know it’s dishonorable but I gotta be a fair weather fan for a couple weeks until Bap and Dead both return.  If we ain’t up with Bellinelli on the floor I ain’t watching.  Soon as it’s tied I’m turning.  Oh my God the thought of Nique and Bob staggering  through these next few weeks.  I can’t.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, KB21 said:

Yes, he will.  Jackson is a better prospect than Bagley, but you will not hear any of the ones who only go by the hype that is given by the media say that.  Jackson has much better length, defensive awareness, and skill development than Bagley.  His "fatal flaws" are that he will rush too much at times and force things, causing turnovers.  What's more of a fatal flaw?  Rushing things as a true freshman, or a complete lack of skill development such as perimeter shooting and passing that Bagley has not shown he can do?

This is trash. No one in this class is better than Bagley. They won't be now and it's unlikely they will be in five years. Maybe Bamba could be better but even that's far away. 

Bagley has much better feel for the game. 

He's laterally superior to every guard in this class much less big. 

He cover ground better than anyone in this class. 

He's quicker than any big in the NBA right now. 

His second jump is elite

His motor is elite. 

He is versatile. 

He doesn't have a lot of moves but he's efficient at the ones he does have. 

People overrate skills at times. Westbrook was limited as a prospect in skills but yet, he's an NBA superstar now. MJ, move-set was limited, especially compared to Kobe but he's one of the most dominant players to play the game and far more efficient than Kobe was. Bagley has the gift, the feel, the ability to dominate at ANY level. JJJ doesn't. He's good, could be a really good player but JJJ will never be the class of Bagley. [Deleted gratuitous insult].

Bagley might be the first TRUE rookie since Grant Hill that's a legit NBA All-Star. Yao was voted in but that was China. And Griffin and maybe Simmons this year will be All-Stars but true rookies. Bagley might be the first. He's that good. His tools are quite impressive as well. He's unguardable at ANY level of Basketball. 

LOL!  Bagley can't shoot.  He's a poor passer.  He can only dribble with his left hand and can only go left.  He isn't a rim protector on defense and lacks awareness in guarding the PNR.  He's got a motor and athleticism.  That's it.  But he's going to be an All Star as a rookie.  LOL!!

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LOL!  Bagley can't shoot.  He's a poor passer.  He can only dribble with his left hand and can only go left.  He isn't a rim protector on defense and lacks awareness in guarding the PNR.  He's got a motor and athleticism.  That's it.  But he's going to be an All Star as a rookie.  LOL!!

Bagley doesn't need to shoot like that. His shooting isn't that bad anyway. It's not a strong suit but it's not a weakness. He just needs to work on it which he will. His feel for the game is that good. He knows when to drive, when to cut, his footwork in the post is elite so even without a move-set, he gets to the spot his wants due to his BBIQ and his quickness makes it possible for him to dominate you in that position. His ball handling for his size is exceptional and while he is left-hand dominant, he is cat-quick so you might force him to that direction but what good does it do when he's going to blow by you anyway. 

His awareness of PnR defense is fine. He makes good and bad decisions like any college player does, especially a freshman. Rim protection isn't as important as Coach K uses him to be a versatile defender so in reality, we don't know how good his rim protection really is. Coach K uses him to defend in space and uses Wendell to defend the paint. He's got far more than motor and athleticism. I've explained what he has. 

You really understate how hard it is to defend in the NBA when players have Bagley's abilities. The NBA, more than any league in the world leaves you on an island. Players like Bagley strive off of that environment. You can't guard them. Too quick, too gifted, and too talented. His feel for the game is his move underrated elite trait. We have had other players at Duke who had that feel for the game but they never really was all that talented and most lacked athletic ability. Bagley lacks neither. 

Edited by NBASupes