• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prepare for the worst on Collins

TheNorthCydeRises

So our only available bigs are Ersan, Babbitt, Cavanaugh and Plumlee? Ugh...I know Moose is getting closer but Moose is Moose so precious little help there. Guess maybe we can expect some forty minute games from Ersan and/or Babbit here and there depending on their health.

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If he dislocated his shoulder, he could be gone 2 - 3 months.  And if that's the case, they may shut him down for the year.

Even a shoulder sprain could shut him down for 6 to 8 weeks.

And it definitely looked like a dislocated shoulder...

Did that image of Collins with his arm down remind you guys of anyone else? I kept thinking that he had torn a pectoral muscle.

• Like 1

Dedmon and Collins are our best rebounders by a good margin and both score in double digits. All we have to replace them with really is a couple of guys that can hit the threes, precious little else. OK, Ersan can play some D. Just not going to be the same game inside. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/atl/cat/avgRebounds

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't have any clue why you predicted that. I stuck with 13-15 games and I might have overstated myself with that one. 

Our Expected W-L based on our season performance so far is 23-59.  That will get worse with these injuries.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I don't have any clue why you predicted that. I stuck with 13-15 games and I might have overstated myself with that one. 

Optimism and homerism based on Bud coupled with Prince and Dennis improving. I started off at 25-30 wins. After Dennis went down for a few games, I took it down to 25. After Dedmon went down 20. If Collins is out for a considerable amount of time, 15 is about the max. We are a quarter of the way through this season and only have 4 wins. That puts us on pace for ~20 wins if we got some breaks along the way, but with both Dedmon and Collins out for the next few weeks or more, there's no way this team wins 16 more games this season. I can all but guarantee the Hawks won't win a game in December.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Jody23 said:

Sprained AC joint according to Shams.  Expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

Is there any scenario that the Hawks win one game over the next few weeks with both Dedmon AND Collins out? I just can't see it. This is going to be brutal.