• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Traditional big men, nearly extinct in the NBA, nevertheless pack the 2018 draft class

NBASupes

Good article. I think it shows that there are a lot of copycats in the league though, trying to emulate what the Warriors and the Spurs are doing, even if teams don't have the personnel.

As good as 3 pointers are, they don't work as well if you don't have a threat to score inside the paint. Otherwise, guarding the perimeter becomes a much simpler task. Not to mention the lost offensive rebounding opportunities when your center is hanging around the 3 point line. Guys like Howard could still be valuable if they were just smarter in possession.

There's just not that many big men in the league today who have composure with their back to the basket. The post is still effective for the guys who know how to utilize it correctly. It's damn near impossible to block a proper post fade away, yet how many guys bother to master that shot?

A guy like Ayton should stop taking 3 pointers, he's too damn big to waste his time doing that. Focus on the 2 man game with Trier, and force defenses to pick their poison. Big men need to play big, that's what makes the most impact.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

While no one is saying, what if Bagley is our #1 guy?

I'm not totally closed off to Bagley but I'm a believer in Collins and question whether the two of them can work together.  He is not on board top 2 board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm not totally closed off to Bagley but I'm a believer in Collins and question whether the two of them can work together.  He is not on board top 2 board.

He's #1 on my board overall even if he's not #1-3 for the Hawks for me. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This guy in the article seems to strongly hint the Hawks are looking at big men.

I thought the article was on big men and that our assistant GM was the primary source he talked to get information for the article.  I didn't read much into it other than the fact that you have basically Doncic and 3 big men at the very top of the draft order right now.  Moreover, with 3 picks in the first round this year (most likely) we are probably scouting big men, swing men and little men at all stages of the first (and second) rounds.

• Like 1

I'm all aboard the Bagley train honestly. The dude can ball, reminds me a lot of Anthony Davis. Doncic is my #2, don't think he has 1st option ability but he's gonna be real good. Ayton I've really soured on. His tools are awesome but he don't pass the eye test to me. I like the idea of Porter. Bamba is similar to Ayton to me.

Edit: FWIW, I put a lot of faith in the way a player moves on the court, it's why I liked the Prince pick so much. Bagley is a hell of an athlete, but sooooo smooth and fluid.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AHF said:

The Lakers don't get to keep the pick under any circumstances.  If it is #1 or 6+ it goes to Philly.  If it is 2-5 it goes to Boston.

They better freaking win some games and keep it out of Boston's hands.

Maybe this will dispel the notion of tanking because I assumed the Lakers must have an incentive to be this bad.

Just now, TheFuzz said:

Doncic probably. Maybe Bagley at the 4.

Isn't Doncic a point forward like Simmons?

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe this will dispel the notion of tanking because I assumed the Lakers must have an incentive to be this bad.

Isn't Doncic a point forward like Simmons?

I think he's gotta be more of an off-ball player to be his best self TBH. Doncic's upside is prime Ginobili level I think. He reminds me of Gordon Hayward or Paul George I guess? Not a primary ball handler, a secondary guy.

Edited by TheFuzz