• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

Just now, GameTime said:

Good point. Brain freeze.....i'm wrong. Its simple then.. draft Doncic or Bagley.

All good in the neighborhood. For just a second I thought you had found something really bad about Ayton's game.

• Premium Member

I've been touting the Faried and #14 trade, however I just realized we can't make the trade at the draft, we don't have capspace under this years CBA to take on Faried's contract.

Any trade would have to occur July 1st when the new league year kicks. So Denver and Hawks would have to agree to trade in principle but it won't be announced at the draft.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've been touting the Faried and #14 trade, however I just realized we can't make the trade at the draft, we don't have capspace under this years CBA to take on Faried's contract.

Any trade would have to occur July 1st when the new league year kicks. So Denver and Hawks would have to agree to trade in principle but it won't be announced at the draft.

No trade during the draft is official till the new year. So yes, this trade is available but that's a high price of what they may want. I would rather not trade the 19. I would rather take on Arthur contract and Faried for 14 and keep 19

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

No trade during the draft is official till the new year. So yes, this trade is available but that's a high price of what they may want. I would rather not trade the 19. I would rather take on Arthur contract and Faried for 14 and keep 19

No, a team like Dallas that has capspace can actually take on Faried as soon as the playoffs have concluded and during the draft with the trade announced.

Example, Jimmy Butler was traded June 22nd because Minny had capspace plus they were sending out matching salaries.

We aren't sending Denver any salary offsets so the deal can't happen at the draft.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, a team like Dallas that has capspace can actually take on Faried as soon as the playoffs have concluded and during the draft with the trade announced.

Example, Jimmy Butler was traded June 22nd because Minny had capspace plus they were sending out matching salaries.

We aren't sending Denver any salary offsets so the deal can't happen at the draft.

I don't see many teams offering a higher pick than 19. If we want 14 bad enough we should be able to make it happen. The real question and it goes to wanting 14 bad enough is, will a potential game changer still be left at 14?

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I don't see many teams offering a higher pick than 19. If we want 14 bad enough we should be able to make it happen. The real question and it goes to wanting 14 bad enough is, will a potential game changer still be left at 14?

Exactly my point. Is Lonnie Walker there at #14

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly my point. Is Lonnie Walker there at #14

He has a good chance of being there. Unless there is some sort of big reach or trade movement that pushes him past both the Knicks and Clips, the player I like, Alexander, really doesn't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Squawk gave me 1 like today not 10...and I blew my load on @Dragitoff

CONGRATS SON!

Wait a damn minute.  I'd like a rephrase here to avoid giving people the wrong impression about us!  :laugh:

• Like 2

This is just one highlight, but this is the kind of stuff you consistently see from Trae Young as a passer.

This takes premium court vision and incredible passing accuracy to get the ball to a point where the scorer doesn't have to do much with it.  

32 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Wait a damn minute.  I'd like a rephrase here to avoid giving people the wrong impression about us!  :laugh:

Lmao...myyyy bad bro. That was phrased horribly! Thank goodness squawk isn’t allowing @kg01 to do any maneuvering of any kind here..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Anyone else see a little Scottie Pippen in Chandler Hutchison's game? I wouldn't mind him with the 19th pick.

Hell yes. I like this kid. I love Mikal Bridges. Just pick guys that know how to play the game..

im sick of..”he can develop” or “he should be able to...”

SHOW ME

NOW!!! Lol

• Like 2

That’s awesome. I loved Bagley a few years ago and thought we’d never ever have a shot at this “generational” player. I’m amazed we might now if Sac leaves him at 2.

He has IT...whatever IT is I dunno but he’s got the look n swag. He won’t bust imo at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I can't see how anyone can watch this video of Trae and tell me he passes like Trey Burke. He has Steve Nash-like passing ability and will make Collins look like Amare. 

Again agree and said it before..he has great angle passing. Better than Curry already imo...that’s how much a better passer Trae is imo. Curry’s passing is mad overrated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I can't see how anyone can watch this video of Trae and tell me he passes like Trey Burke. He has Steve Nash-like passing ability and will make Collins look like Amare. 

They obviously haven’t watched him play that much. This dude looks like he will come in the league with potential to be one of the best pure points in the league. That kind of vision and passing is rare. He has the production as a freshman to boot. He’s not a star stuffer like Westbrook. He’s actually earning his dishes out here.

• Like 2