• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Baseball draft starts Monday.  As a Braves fan, it's nice to have a scouting staff that I can put 100% trust in.  

I think you would do better stanning baseball. Stats do tell 65% of the story there unlike in Basketball. 

16 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I can't see how anyone can watch this video of Trae and tell me he passes like Trey Burke. He has Steve Nash-like passing ability and will make Collins look like Amare. 

He is boom or bust to me. Lower floor than JJJ and maybe a higher ceiling than Doncic.

I keep comparing him to a young Steve Nash without the elite BBIQ but more talent. He is going to take time but if he gets there. He can be special but he can also be a bust. He has away to go.

Hes not Steph like to me

13 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I can't see how anyone can watch this video of Trae and tell me he passes like Trey Burke. He has Steve Nash-like passing ability and will make Collins look like Amare. 

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Again agree and said it before..he has great angle passing. Better than Curry already imo...that’s how much a better passer Trae is imo. Curry’s passing is mad overrated.

5 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

They obviously haven’t watched him play that much. This dude looks like he will come in the league with potential to be one of the best pure points in the league. That kind of vision and passing is rare. He has the production as a freshman to boot. He’s not a star stuffer like Westbrook. He’s actually earning his dishes out here.

He’s a thrill to watch, pulling off magic tricks out there. Best passer since Nash, and you’ll notice he places the ball right where it needs to go, via crazy angles, with EXACTLY the right amount of touch as to be easily handled. When he needs to zip it in there he does so, but passes it “fast” not hard, to borrow a pitching phrase. I don’t care if he only scores 8 a game if he gets 10 dimes and feeds everyone else. Either trade back for him, or bundle Menace and picks for 2nd Top 10 pick and add him to whoever of Ayton/Bagley/Doncic we snagged at 3.

29 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Or he can just make Bagley look like Amare!...lol

We need to get 2 top 10 picks. Start this rebuild with a BANG. 

Trae

Baze (FA,#19,30 whatever remaining asset)

Prince

Collins

Bagley

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

He’s a thrill to watch, pulling off magic tricks out there. Best passer since Nash, and you’ll notice he places the ball right where it needs to go, via crazy angles, with EXACTLY the right amount of touch as to be easily handled. When he needs to zip it in there he does so, but passes it “fast” not hard, to borrow a pitching phrase. I don’t care if he only scores 8 a game if he gets 10 dimes and feeds everyone else. Either trade back for him, or bundle Menace and picks for 2nd Top 10 pick and add him to whoever of Ayton/Bagley/Doncic we snagged at 3.

I like Young better than I thought I would because of his potential to be an elite passing PG, but still could be an elite scorer.  My concern with him on the Hawks is similar to what happened to him in college.  With great scorers around him, he can play smarter.  He had to do it all in college and had that stretch where he actually did it, but then the defenses cracked down on him and he turned it over too much and took terrible shots.  If Baze goes back to cuts and spot up shots only, they'd make a nice duo at the guard position.  

I also would be on board with Trae Young and a defensive big man IF we can snag another early pick.  The bigs are so heavy early on in this draft, I hate burning our only early pick on a guard even if we trade back.  I have; however, advocated being patient for possibly getting our big in the '19' draft.  Bol Bol is a big ole' boy that could be our rim protection guy.  He's rail thin like his pops, but should be able to block anyone's shot and since the NBA is moving away from beastly post bigs, him getting pushed around in the paint isn't as concerning.  

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Or he can just make Bagley look like Amare!...lol

We need to get 2 top 10 picks. Start this rebuild with a BANG. 

Trae

Baze (FA,#19,30 whatever remaining asset)

Prince

Collins

Bagley

Bagley has the handles to create his own shot. Collins doesn't. Collins needs an elite pnr passer to reach his full potential. 

17 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Bagley has the handles to create his own shot. Collins doesn't. Collins needs an elite pnr passer to reach his full potential. 

When did Bagley develop those handles?  Because he certainly did not show the ability to handle the ball in tight spaces in college.  Both players need an elite passer to reach their full potential, but they are identical players so........

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is boom or bust to me. Lower floor than JJJ and maybe a higher ceiling than Doncic.

I keep comparing him to a young Steve Nash without the elite BBIQ but more talent. He is going to take time but if he gets there. He can be special but he can also be a bust. He has away to go.

Hes not Steph like to me

I know everyone sees things from their own prism but I think you need to clear your preconceived notions and watch him like you've never watched him before.  Some players elevate themselves (see Harden) but others (see Stockton) elevate all around them.  What this kid does can't be measured in stats. Watch him again. Pay attention to his sense of timing.

Every play in BB has loops...threads you slip into that make a play really look beautiful. When you watch highlights of other players, their highlights are awesome, rim rattling dunks, no looks in transition, etc.....but they don't look like art. What this kid is doing is art. Play after play he is threading the needle, timing for the perfect feed, helping others get and-1's.  Players like this limit injuries because their teammates don't end up in awkward positions, too deep our out of time.  Its the timing aspect of playing the point that makes one great....he has that. It is extremely rare these days.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hazer said:

Either trade back for him, or bundle Menace and picks for 2nd Top 10 pick and add him to whoever of Ayton/Bagley/Doncic we snagged at 3.

Trying to imagine a Très, My-Name-Is-Luka, Printz, J-Baps, (DPOY candidate via  trade/FA) in a couple of years. That’s exciting.

• Moderators

Still on that Team Bibby tip. Following up on Marvin Bagley, here's DeAndre Ayton from five years ago, when he was still an 8th-grader on Mike Bibby's AAU squad.

The duo briefly starred together at Hillcrest Prep in 'Zona.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/10/09/deandre-ayton-marvin-bagley-dominate-first-basketball-game-together/73653316/

~lw3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s awesome. I loved Bagley a few years ago and thought we’d never ever have a shot at this “generational” player. I’m amazed we might now if Sac leaves him at 2.

He has IT...whatever IT is I dunno but he’s got the look n swag. He won’t bust imo at all.

Wow!  A generational talent that is not a shooter, can't defend a chair, is not a passer, and is not an elite level ball handler.  Are we evaluating him for basketball or track and field?

35 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Wow!  A generational talent that is not a shooter, can't defend a chair, is not a passer, and is not an elite level ball handler.  Are we evaluating him for basketball or track and field?

I honestly want to write a 5 page response to this...unfortunately it’ll get me nowhere so...I’ll participate in this game...for basketball....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I honestly want to write a 5 page response to this...unfortunately it’ll get me nowhere so...I’ll participate in this game...for basketball....

Must. Not..Take...the bait :shameonyou:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I'm anxiously awaiting this 5 page response.

The Risks of Drafting Marvin Bagley in the Top 3

Again, this isn’t an exposure of Bagley as a fraud. He has a good chance to become highly productive in the NBA and even grow into an All-Star. He’s tremendously athletic for a 6-11 prospect, and he has an awesome motor, so those are two crucial boxes he checks. Suitors just need to keep his weaknesses in mind, especially if they’re considering him with a top-three pick. He’s not a foolproof commodity.

14 minutes ago, hazer said:

Must. Not..Take...the bait :shameonyou:

Did I find a wormhole? How in the hell did this quote jump over from another thread?

Jaren Jackson Jr Is the Most Complete Big Man of the 2018 NBA Draft

Jaren Jackson Jr. has a chance to be the best big man in the 2018 NBA draft. He’s certainly the best two-way player of the bunch right now, better defensively than Deandre Ayton and Marvin Bagley III and better offensively than Mohamed Bamba. Jackson fits the new prototype for NBA centers: He knocks down 3s, protects the rim, and defends the 3-point line. Despite being the youngest player likely to enter the draft, he’s also one of the safest picks. He won’t have to change his game to be an elite player at the next level. The only thing holding him back is being underutilized in the Michigan State offense. He has the highest floor of all the freshman bigs and more upside than his stats suggest.

His two-way impact isn’t just something to project to the NBA level. It translates to the NCAA right now. Switching Jackson with any of his peers would significantly improve their college teams. Neither Ayton nor Bagley is much of an interior defender, and defense has been the Achilles heel for Arizona (no. 196 in the country) and Duke (no. 110) this season. Bamba can’t force his man out of the paint, and Texas is no. 328 in the country in 3-point percentage. There are trade-offs to playing big men who excel on only one end of the floor. Jackson makes his teammates better on both. He creates space for them on offense and covers for them on defense.