Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

I have a general question. I’ve heard for about a year now that Luka is a passing savant. That’s sounds great. What makes a person transition from really good passer to passing savant.

Is Luka more of a passing savant than Trae? 

How bout this. We draft Luka at #3....try and trade Dennis/Baze/Cavs pick next year/#19/#30 and move up and land Trae.

pg-Trae

sg-Luka

sf-Prince

pf-Collins

c- Dedmon

2 savants are better than one!

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Rest of y'all gotta bring something chatworthy to the table!

(I can't talk, best thing I could add was Lil B!)

~lw3

If Ayton and Bagley are gone; just take Doncic. Then do a deal with Denver for 14 and take PG Alexander or PF/C Willams and call it a day.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have a general question. I’ve heard for about a year now that Luka is a passing savant. That’s sounds great. What makes a person transition from really good passer to passing savant.

How bout this. We draft Luka at #3....try and trade Dennis/Baze/Cavs pick next year/#19/#30 and move up and land Trae.

pg-Trae

sg-Luka

sf-Prince

pf-Collins

c- Dedmon

Cavs pick is not worth the paper it is written on until Bron is signed.

Schröder, Doncic, Prince, Collins, fill in the center. Then Alexander, Dorsey, Bazemore coming off the bench. Not a playoff team just yet but a well rounded lineup to get started with. Coach can see how things progress with Dennis and make a tough call if need be.

That is of course if Dennis is not moved first.

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Schröder, Doncic, Prince, Collins, fill in the center. Then Alexander, Dorsey, Bazemore coming off the bench. Not a playoff team just yet but a well rounded lineup to get started with. Coach can see how things progress with Dennis and make a tough call if need be.

That is of course if Dennis is not moved first.

Because of the Denver trade we would also have Faried. Depending a lot on Dennis, Collins, and Prince improved scoring; that might be a 8th seed in the east after all.

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

pg-Trae

sg-Luka

sf-Prince

pf-Collins

c- Dedmon

That's a really bad defensive team.  For all their scoring potential, Trae better be Curry for that to work because he and Doncic will most likely give up a lot on the other end of the court.  I'm all about trying to move up to snag two top 10 picks in this draft, and I'm in the minority that I wouldn't mind Trae Young as one of them; however, I think you've got to go defensive big with the other pick to protect the paint.  I think Doncic/Baze could work since Baze could guard the other team's best guard regardless if it's their PG or SG.  I could definitely be wrong, but that's my initial thoughts.  

• Like 2

Just now, Buzzard said:

Because of the Denver trade we would also have Faried. Depending a lot on Dennis, Collins, and Prince improved scoring; that might be a 8th seed in the east after all.

I really like the thought of Faried/Denver pick to Atlanta.  I know Faried is not going to give you much more than putbacks and dunks on the offensive end, but he's a quality rebounder and gives everything he's got when plays.  That type of play seems like it would fit Pierce's model.  He could be a vet guy that could bring some hustle.  He'll be hungry to get another moderate contract after this and since he's in the last year of his deal, he could possibly play his way into trade deadline contention for a team needing rebounding.  

I also think there's a chance to flip Schröder and #19 to LAC for #13.  Am I overvaluing Dennis?  I still think Doc could get the most out of Schröder and make him a quality PG.  He may never be All-Star level, but who knows?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I really like the thought of Faried/Denver pick to Atlanta.  I know Faried is not going to give you much more than putbacks and dunks on the offensive end, but he's a quality rebounder and gives everything he's got when plays.  That type of play seems like it would fit Pierce's model.  He could be a vet guy that could bring some hustle.  He'll be hungry to get another moderate contract after this and since he's in the last year of his deal, he could possibly play his way into trade deadline contention for a team needing rebounding.  

I also think there's a chance to flip Schröder and #19 to LAC for #13.  Am I overvaluing Dennis?  I still think Doc could get the most out of Schröder and make him a quality PG.  He may never be All-Star level, but who knows?

My biggest concern about 14 is Jerry West decides Alexander is his PG and the Clips take him at 12 or 13. Given Alexanders physical size and the kid can shoot ( .404 from three and .817 from the free throw line ), it is very realistic someone falls in love with him and takes him sooner rather than later.

12 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I do like Faried's energy and rebounding. Even if Dennis wants to stay in lala land, Collins, Prince, Faried, Bazemore, Doncic ( or Bagley if Doncic is gone ) would give us a very high energy group of players.

• Moderators

To help pass the time, I moved my 2014 SeniorSquawk thread on Bagley's grandfather and embattled former Atlanta Hawk star to the main page.

Posted Image

^This is Marvin Bagley III, up-and-coming basketball star in Arizona. He’s also a talented instrumental musician. The young man who aspired to be perhaps the next Kevin Eubanks may now be on pace to become the next Kevin Durant. A mere 5-foot-9 just a couple years ago, a recent growth spurt now has this stringbean gracing the court at a high-flying yet wiry 6-foot-8 and 185 pounds.

Ball handling, range, hops, Marvin’s got a full package. He’s already brought down the hydraulics on a basketball stanchion after an in-game dunk. His on-court highlights are featured on numerous YouTube mixtape-style videos. A guard transitioning to forward, Bagley has starred for the AAU team of former Arizona legend and Hawks star Mike Bibby. He has as many as five college scholarship offers. Coaches declare he is “advanced beyond his years.”

Eventually, Bagley will choose between Arizona State, San Francisco, Creighton, North Carolina A&T, Northern Arizona, or any latecomer schools tantalized by his burgeoning talents on the hardwood. If he plays his cards right, he’ll be on the fast track to the bright lights and big cities of the NBA.

Within a decade from now, he’ll likely work with agents to negotiate annual guaranteed salaries and help him determine the best pro basketball venue to chase a championship. Another decade or so later, and it’s likely he’ll be able to consider retiring and sustaining his family, at least in part, off of a modest pension.

But first, before any of that comes to pass, the 6-foot-8-high-and-rising Bagley has to enter high school. He turns 15 next month.

Bagley has been coached and promoted fervently by his father, Marvin Jr., a former NCA&T hoopster and Arena Football League two-way player. Often watching from the sidelines and stands of the AAU games for the top-ranked Class of 2018 phenom is Bagley’s maternal grandfather.

Granddad is aware the road ahead for Bagley will have its share of potholes and roadblocks, speed bumps, winding turns, and uphill climbs, assuming the kid continues his pursuit of professional basketball glory. But Granddad, now age 72, also knows some of those tribulations and impediments no longer exist. He knows this first-hand, because his personal story played a key role in influencing a more level playing field for today’s NBA athlete. He dubs himself, "The 'Curt Flood' of professional basketball."

~lw3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

The more time I have to ponder upon this draft I think we should:

1. Draft Bagley or Doncic

2. If both are taken trade down and draft Trae Young.

If #2 happens take Ayton.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Squawk gave me 1 like today not 10...and I blew my load on @Dragitoff

CONGRATS SON!

I will be creatively sig'ng this, btw.

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

The more time I have to ponder upon this draft I think we should:

1. Draft Bagley or Doncic

2. If both are taken trade down and draft Trae Young.

I'd say take Porter or Bamba and let someone else take them busts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

F**k fit

Take Bagley or Doncic if Ayton is gone

I think you have to take Doncic if he is there. But I am not the one with a team full of scouts telling me who is the best prospect.