• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

I wouldn’t even entertain trades for the 3rd pick unless it involved an All-Star and another lottery pick. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye how come @somebody gots like a bajillion 'likes' but the rest of us only have 10?  Thas some bull!  Probably dating a mod or something.

:happy:

To be honest you need to look at the number of likes vs the number of post. Your ratio is pretty good, 2 to 1 200%. Mine is only about 1 to 4  or 25% and Supes is around 1 to 2 at 50%. When I get one I go see what post it was to and we could before the changes see who gave it to us as well.

It is nice to get them; but they do not change my posting. Being wrong does that ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

To be honest you need to look at the number of likes vs the number of post. Your ratio is pretty good, 2 to 1 200%. Mine is only about 1 to 4  or 25% and Supes is around 1 to 2 at 50%. When I get one I go see what post it was to and we could before the changes see who gave it to us as well.

It is nice to get them; but they do not change my posting. Being wrong does that ;)

Dang.  Analytics has infiltrated the message board-a-sphere.

:ohmy:

Also, I should add, my like-ratio reflects a bunch-a pity likes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree with @Sothron..and @kg01 and the rest of u...

But you do realize that I gotta treat my “likes” like gold pieces right? Like 1st round draft picks! GOLD.

ps Get away Ainge..

"You guys gotta lay off the guy.  Don't you realize he invented the game of basketball.  Him and Bard Stevens are geniuses!!" - Anny Dainge

:dry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Dang.  Analytics has infiltrated the message board-a-sphere.

:ohmy:

Also, I should add, my like-ratio reflects a bunch-a pity likes.

I pity-like your pitiful lil’ pity parties all the time. Yore welcome, Kage :approved:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

All this talk... this is an easy choice, whoever is left from Ayton, Doncic and Bagley, I have the bad feeling we are going to go with JJJ and this is going to cost us a ton, as it did with Marvin. 

I hope you are bad wrong but I have not heard a whisper on us liking Doncic. If Ayton and Bagley are gone at 1 and 2, I will be watching with a lot of apprehension on draft night.

15 hours ago, thecampster said:

Yes really. There is a huge difference between guarding a typical college 4 and guarding a pro 4. In college, JJJ is the biggest cat on the court at his spot. In the pros, he'll get muscled off the post over and over. He doesn't have the butt to be elite in the pros and will never win a DPOY. I'm not saying he's a bust, I'm saying he'll be very average at the next level. His main advantage in college is his height/length.  Everyone he'll play nightly in the NBA will either be just as tall and/or 20lbs heavier. He'll get tossed around like a rage doll. Players like JJJ benefit greatly from the zone. They can sit back and play center field and make highlight plays. He's going to have to guard people one on one in the NBA, switch on screens, step out as NBA PFs shoot the 3 and change directions in a second as blink worthy NBA point guards cross him up driving to the rim.  He doesn't have the feet or butt right now to have an impact.

Last year after watching Collins in summer league for 3 minutes I made a public apology on the board stating I was wrong. I specifically talked about his footwork and body control. JJJ doesn't have this (yet) and probably won't for at least a few years.

He does all of that right now.  I take it that you have bought into the Bagley hype, which is all there is to him because there is no substance to his game.  I'm pretty sure Schlenk will take Bagley in the draft.  Then, the Hawks will have duplicate players who get in each other's way while neither play strong defense or offer any rim protection at all.  But hey, we have to ensure that we are losing for the next 3 years.

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He does all of that right now.  I take it that you have bought into the Bagley hype, which is all there is to him because there is no substance to his game.  I'm pretty sure Schlenk will take Bagley in the draft.  Then, the Hawks will have duplicate players who get in each other's way while neither play strong defense or offer any rim protection at all.  But hey, we have to ensure that we are losing for the next 3 years.

Control is physical and mental. Collins played 26.6 minutes a game and averaged 3.0 fouls per game. He knew he needed to be there for his team and did what needed to be done. Jackson on the other hand averaged 3.2 fouls a game in just 21.8 minutes. He also knew what he needed to do for his team but could not accomplish it.

Can he learn not to get into foul trouble? It is most certainly possible. But I do question his mental control. Especially in the biggest games; where he accomplished his greatest disappearing acts of all.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Control is physical and mental. Collins played 26.6 minutes a game and averaged 3.0 fouls per game. He knew he needed to be there for his team and did what needed to be done. Jackson on the other hand averaged 3.2 fouls a game in just 21.8 minutes. He also knew what he needed to do for his team but could not accomplish it.

Can he learn not to get into foul trouble? It is most certainly possible. But I do question his mental control. Especially in the biggest games; where he accomplished his greatest disappearing acts of all.

So, what you are saying is that Collins didn't have to play defense, so he didn't?  Because he was as bad defensively at Wake Forest as Bagley is right now.

I can already see the excuses for Bagley's defense now.  "He wasn't asked to play defense at Duke" (even though they went to a zone heavy scheme in an attempt to hide him).

Just now, KB21 said:

So, what you are saying is that Collins didn't have to play defense, so he didn't?  Because he was as bad defensively at Wake Forest as Bagley is right now.

I can already see the excuses for Bagley's defense now.  "He wasn't asked to play defense at Duke" (even though they went to a zone heavy scheme in an attempt to hide him).

I inferred he stayed out of foul trouble so he could stay on the floor for his team. Reading is fundamental.