• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

The top three guys for 2019 will probably all be wings: RJ Barrett, Cameron Reddish, and Nasir Little.  The point guard position is very slight, with Darius Garland likely the best bet as a late lottery guy.  The best big is probably Daniel Gafford, who is a shot blocker/rim runner who is a questionable fit alongside Collins.  

50 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Big 10 Defensive player of the year 2016-17

Reggie Lynch...Who?

He's a junior. From what I saw of him during the Alabama game this year he's a good defender too.

Only other FR to win the award was Big Oden.

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Offensive minded forwards are not a dime a dozen I sorted on rebounds and looked for 20 points a game and 8 rebounds. Aldridge, Bron, Giannis, ( AD and KAT if you want to give them Forward ). That is it.

The best player on the planet wanted and got Chris Bosh and Kevin Love. He wanted them not because they were great defensive forwards; he wanted them because they provided a very unique advantage over most any team they faced. Even if you use the qualifier all players with 20 and 8, there are only 7 in the NBA. If you use the qualifier 18 and 8, there are only 8 players in the NBA.

I am not going to tell you a great PG is a dime a dozen; but don't tell me 18 and 8 or better is either. 18 and 8 may not guarantee a championship ( what one player really does ); but you will have a big advantage in plus minus at that position against more than close to 75% of the league.

???? are you saying Jackson is going 18/8 in the NBA?

John Collins last year of college stat line

19.2ppg, 9.8rpg, 1.6bpg

1st year in the pros

10.5 7.3,1.1

------------------------

Mo Bamba

12.9, 7.3, 3.7

Jaren Jackson Jr

10.9, 5.8, 3.0

Marvin Bagley III

21.0, 11.1, .9

Collins was statistically far better than both Mo Bamba and Jackson except in blocks.  He was comparable and slightly lower than Bagley but obviously a much softer defender than the previous 2.  Collins first year numbers 10.5, 7.3.  So tell me exactly who is going 18/8 in the NBA?  At best Bagley but does he fit next to Collins?

One last thought on the night for this in relation to Bagley.  I honestly don't think he's there at 3 and the people getting their hopes up for Bagley need to realize there is no way Doncic goes in the top 2. The top 2 picks will be Ayton and Bagley and not necessarily in that order.

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

One last thought on the night for this in relation to Bagley.  I honestly don't think he's there at 3 and the people getting their hopes up for Bagley need to realize there is no way Doncic goes in the top 2. The top 2 picks will be Ayton and Bagley and not necessarily in that order.

I’m beginning to realize this too and i don’t believe schlenk is serious enough to draft Doncic.

we’re getting porter jr hopefully 

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't need to tear down JJJ. I just would rather draft Bagley over him. I think the bust to meh player potential is far higher in JJJ than in Bagley.

I think JJJ will be a bizarro mix between Noah Vonleh and Marquise Criss.

7 hours ago, thecampster said:

John Collins last year of college stat line

19.2ppg, 9.8rpg, 1.6bpg

1st year in the pros

10.5 7.3,1.1

------------------------

Mo Bamba

12.9, 7.3, 3.7

Jaren Jackson Jr

10.9, 5.8, 3.0

Marvin Bagley III

21.0, 11.1, .9

Collins was statistically far better than both Mo Bamba and Jackson except in blocks.  He was comparable and slightly lower than Bagley but obviously a much softer defender than the previous 2.  Collins first year numbers 10.5, 7.3.  So tell me exactly who is going 18/8 in the NBA?  At best Bagley but does he fit next to Collins?

In all fairness, Collins is probably 18 ppg scorer with more minutes but he cant create his own offense and would be a liability for the most part with a lot of minutes. He did get a lot more minutes in the 2nd half of the season as well.

Bagley is just a much more talented, gifted, and athletic Basketball player than Collins. Collins probably is better as a rookie than JJJ will be as a rookie since JJJ will be a bust 

11 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think another thing that needs to be looked at (but probably will not be) is the available talent next year as well.  Contrary to popular opinion, you can't just accumulate talent and expect to win.  That talent has to actually fit together.  The Hawks will be drafting in the top 5 (likely top 3 again) net year, so the player they take this year needs to fit not only with Collins and Prince, but also with whoever you get next year.

JJJ doesnt fit anymore than Bagley. If we are going best fit, Bamba is clearly the best choice. So if your point is just draft someone that fits our personnel, I am still not picking JJJ. I am picking Bamba. He fits Dennis, Baze, Collins and Prince better than Bagley, Doncic, Ayton or JJJ.

BPA- Bagley 

Most interesting fit- Ayton

Playmaker fit- Doncic

Bust fit- JJJ

Best fit- Bamba

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJJ doesnt fit anymore than Bagley. If we are going best fit, Bamba is clearly the best choice. So if your point is just draft someone that fits our personnel, I am still not picking JJJ. I am picking Bamba. He fits Dennis, Baze, Collins and Prince better than Bagley, Doncic, Ayton or JJJ.

BPA- Bagley 

Most interesting fit- Ayton

Playmaker fit- Doncic

Bust fit- JJJ

Best fit- Bamba

Of course you do, but you think Bamba and Bagley can shoot and spread the floor when they obviously can't.

9 hours ago, thecampster said:

???? are you saying Jackson is going 18/8 in the NBA?

Not even close. He might go 6/4 his first season. Ayton, Bagley, maybe Bamba will. Just saying don't get locked in on the PGs.

OMG you aren't changing each other's minds so please can we move on in this thread?  I have to skim through 25 posts of the same arguments over and over just to read one unique post about the draft.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

OMG you aren't changing each other's minds so please can we move on in this thread?  I have to skim through 25 posts of the same arguments over and over just to read one unique post about the draft.  

Ya this tickle fight needs to end.

supes Bagley

kb-21 JJJ

lets end it lol

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Rest of y'all gotta bring something chatworthy to the table!

(I can't talk, best thing I could add was Lil B!)

~lw3

That was possibly the post of the day.... yeeeaaa (kickin cans..)

#boycottingthefinals

#adamsilverpunishment

#adamsilverhungryhippo

#dontnegotiatewithsnakeslikeadam

#scrubscalfspart17