• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dont over think it. If Bagley, Ayton, Bamba or Doncic is available. Take one and smile. You won the draft.

We worked out a lot of guards and wings the past week and a half. It is time to get down to the real business at hand and see how the Bigs fair.

• Premium Member

Doncic = Rubio with a splash of Manu

Ayton = Cousins

Bagley = Stoudemire 

JJJ = Ibaka

Young = Curry

Bamba = Gobert

Mikal Bridges = Tony Snell (this was disappointing, more so terrifying)

Porter = bigger Wiggins

Miles Bridges = Jae Crowder 

Walker = Oladipo

Carter = Love

Sexton = Bledsoe

Williams = Jordan

Knox = Oubre

I’ll be happy with any of Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, or Bamba at 3. I’ll be pissed with JJJ, Porter, or Young there. Trade back if that’s the plan. This isn’t rocket surgery.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Like 6 years ago, I almost cried tears of joy at not having to debate Marvin on here daily.  You guys are making me feel weepy again.  Jaren Jackson will be a very average NBA player. He is not star material and not worthy of a top 10 pick (though he is worthy of a first rounder). The PF position in the NBA is the most talent rich position year in and year out, mainly because the body structure of the SF/PF positions lead to the longest career span and therefore less player turnover.  PG are always blowing out tendons and ankles, Centers always get bad feet and knees.  The play style and body structure of an NBA PF tends to lead to a long, healthy career and therefore leads to the largest talent pool.  The very thought that in 3 consecutive nights Jaren Jackson might be asked to guard Demarcus Cousins, Lemarcus Aldridge and Blake Griffin doesn't bode well for his NBA impact.  You only take a PF in the top 10 if he's an extreme sure thing or if he can play significant minutes at the 5. The position is just too rich.

Really?  The best defender coming out of college basketball who is 6'11" with a 7'5 1/2" wingspan guarding anyone doesn't bode well for his NBA impact?  JJJ will win several DPOY awards in his career.  He's an elite rim protector that can switch on anyone.  Offensively, he shoots the three point shot with great efficiency.  He's everything you want in a big in the modern NBA.

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Really?  The best defender coming out of college basketball who is 6'11" with a 7'5 1/2" wingspan guarding anyone doesn't bode well for his NBA impact?  JJJ will win several DPOY awards in his career.  He's an elite rim protector that can switch on anyone.  Offensively, he shoots the three point shot with great efficiency.  He's everything you want in a big in the modern NBA.

Meh, blocking shots and attempting a shot load of blocks doesnt equal to rim protection. We saw that with Theo Ratliff and Josh Smith. He gets bodied way too much in college basketball. Why should we feel this will improve in the NBA.

I dont core strength, coordination or strength in general to make me think he is going to think hes going to good in post defense. I also dont see the instincts rotation skills I saw from a young Al either. I can see Ibaka on defense. I can really see that.

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

JJJ will win several DPOY awards in his career.

Single = 1

Couple = 2

Few = 3

Several = 4+

You’re all witnesses, he just went on record saying JJJ will win 4 DPOY awards tying him with Deke and Big Ben for most all time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Single = 1

Couple = 2

Few = 3

Several = 4+

You’re all witnesses, he just went on record saying JJJ will win 4 DPOY awards tying him with Deke and Big Ben for most all time.

Mr. 25, 10, 5 is has joined 4 time DPOY prospect. I doubt he will ever win a DPOY. Does have the BBIQ to make up for his lack of coordination. He will fight to be All Defense one day but its unlikely 

18 minutes ago, hazer said:

Single = 1

Couple = 2

Few = 3

Several = 4+

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Mr. 25, 10, 5 is has joined 4 time DPOY prospect. I doubt he will ever win a DPOY. Does have the BBIQ to make up for his lack of coordination. He will fight to be All Defense one day but its unlikely 

Hory SHET, let’s draft this guy! 4 DPOYs!

21 minutes ago, DBac said:

I mean tbh compared to some of the stuff I've seen in here (Bagley leading the Grizzlies to the NBA title in his second year) it's not that wild.

That was me over doing it. Hes is not leading the Grizzles to a title in his 2nd year but he will be a Donovan Mitchell like impact for them if they land him 

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Yes really. There is a huge difference between guarding a typical college 4 and guarding a pro 4. In college, JJJ is the biggest cat on the court at his spot. In the pros, he'll get muscled off the post over and over. He doesn't have the butt to be elite in the pros and will never win a DPOY. I'm not saying he's a bust, I'm saying he'll be very average at the next level. His main advantage in college is his height/length.  Everyone he'll play nightly in the NBA will either be just as tall and/or 20lbs heavier. He'll get tossed around like a rage doll. Players like JJJ benefit greatly from the zone. They can sit back and play center field and make highlight plays. He's going to have to guard people one on one in the NBA, switch on screens, step out as NBA PFs shoot the 3 and change directions in a second as blink worthy NBA point guards cross him up driving to the rim.  He doesn't have the feet or butt right now to have an impact.

Last year after watching Collins in summer league for 3 minutes I made a public apology on the board stating I was wrong. I specifically talked about his footwork and body control. JJJ doesn't have this (yet) and probably won't for at least a few years.

• Like 1

Per ESPN, JJJ was 6-11 and 240. He played an average of 21.8 minutes per game. Part of that was due to his high foul rate of 5.9 fouls / 40 minutes.  There is a reason for that, he is all elbows at this point and time.

Compare that 240 at 6-11 with these NBA players.

Cousins 6'll - 269 (sure he's only 269).

Deandre Jordan 6'11 - 265

Al Horford 6'10 - 250

Blake Griffin 6'10 - 250

Kevin Love 6'10" - 251

The list is long, but in college he's playing against kids and getting in foul trouble nightly.  What on Earth is going to do when asked to guard someone as crafty as Kevin Love 1 v 1.

The kid is at least 3 years away from playing significant, quality minutes.

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/30/boston-celtics-mo-bamba-nba-draft-trade-rumors/  

The article suggests they'd be willing to give Jaylen Brown + #27 for #3. I say that makes it a no-brainer.

That is pretty interesting.  That said, I would be reticent to do that.  While Brown is legit, it is hard to imagine the Hawks wanting a player much closer to RFA and UFA when we are buckled into the tank.  Moreover, this draft really does appear to be special.

• Like 1

https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/30/boston-celtics-mo-bamba-nba-draft-trade-rumors/  

The article suggests they'd be willing to give Jaylen Brown + #27 for #3. I say that makes it a no-brainer.

That's a trash offer to me. Jaylen is in a elite situation. He comes to Atlanta and will struggle instantly. Avoid all Boston players. I am even off on Tatum as he would have a lot of responsibilities in Atlanta

• Like 2

I would not o that. Prince is not that far off and his post all star break numbers are just as good as Browns. Ainge wants a center to round out his team and avoid paying Brown.

Bagley, Bamba, Jackson make a lot of sense for him. Having Prince and Collins, they make a lot of sense for us as well.