• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

Really?  The best defender coming out of college basketball who is 6'11" with a 7'5 1/2" wingspan guarding anyone doesn't bode well for his NBA impact?  JJJ will win several DPOY awards in his career.  He's an elite rim protector that can switch on anyone.  Offensively, he shoots the three point shot with great efficiency.  He's everything you want in a big in the modern NBA.

This is same type of trash talk you did with Marvin. The difference was Marvin would be an explosive offensive player who would also average 10 boards a game.

JJJ is your all world defender and instant hall of famer now. None of your projections have anything to do with a players ability. It is where we are drafting at. Just like you found us a HOF Player in Marvin at two; you have now found us another HOF Player at three in JJJ.

All hype because of where we are picking and very little substance. I just realized your MO after all these years. JJJ may be a nice little player one day; but he is so far removed from HOF talent and ability, it is just stupid to mention that right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

The argument regarding JJJ vs. Bagley in this thread feels like an episode of SpongeBob.  Twelve pages later...…..

Agree.   Just agree to disagree and move on.  No need to keep hashing it out cause nobody is changing their mind. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Agree.   Just agree to disagree and move on.  No need to keep hashing it out cause nobody is changing their mind. 

It is almost like that one guy is arguing with people just to argue with them or something.

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is almost like that one guy is arguing with people just to argue with them or something.

I cannot give out any more likes but this gave me a good chuckle. It is what it is. Most boards are high on JJJ, going no later than 5th on every mock I have seen. Someone will be a huge bust in this draft and my money is on JJJ. I hope if we take him that is not the case. But that is what I think.

• Like 1

It's hard for him to he a bust at #5 if Porter is medically red flagged as this turns into 4 top tier prospects class. But if you trade back and take him and the person at #3 is a superstar. You will get fired for that too. Senlenk was hired for June, July and August. He better get it right

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's hard for him to he a bust at #5 if Porter is medically red flagged as this turns into 4 top tier prospects class. But if you trade back and take him and the person at #3 is a superstar. You will get fired for that too. Senlenk was hired for June, July and August. He better get it right

If there is a superstar at #3 still. I am not sold on this draft class producing a lot of superstars. I am sold on it producing a few all stars and starters. I will use Al Horford and Klay Thompson as my baseline examples of an all star but not quite a superstar. 

Baseline starters would be JJ Redick, Trevor Ariza, Steven Adams, and Tyson Chander.

I am totally not sold on finding a KAT, AD, Curry, Durant, Bron, Harden. CP3 type being in this draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am. There are 4 of them. Bagley, Ayton, Bamba and Doncic. These four can be elite.

Time will tell but that is a lot of hall of famers for one draft.

Just now, NBASupes said:

It's possible with all four of these guys. 

Stranger things have happened. Like a weak frail PG who was not even offered a scholarship by his dads Alma Mater winning two MVP awards.

• Like 1

I'd be plenty happy with Klay Thompson right now.  Dude is an elite 2-way player.  I understand a lot of his offense is predicated on the system he's playing in but I don't think any Hawks fan would not be thrilled with that level of talent coming out of this draft.  

6 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I'd be plenty happy with Klay Thompson right now.  Dude is an elite 2-way player.  I understand a lot of his offense is predicated on the system he's playing in but I don't think any Hawks fan would not be thrilled with that level of talent coming out of this draft.  

Eh, without Steph .... you can have Klay.  He's more of a dependent player than people seem to realize JMEO.

• Like 2

Don’t trade with Bahst’n, out of pure spite. And I’ll say it again: this draft isn’t rocket surgery. Stay put and if Ayton is there, take him. If Doncic is there, take him. If Bagley is there, take him. Tah-dah.

• Like 2