• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Rumored to Have Interest in Julius Randle

AHF

• Moderators

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-rumors-julius-randle-could-land-substantial-offers-mavs-nets-hawks-kings/

According to ESPN Insider Bobby Marks, the 6-foot-9 forward could garner from $12-14 million in annual salary, likely fetching up to $56 million over a four-year contract from teams other than the Lakers.

Among those interested in the cap space available are the Dallas Mavericks, the Brooklyn Nets, the Atlanta Hawks, and the Sacramento Kings.

Randle has battled his way from an unfortunate start to the regular season, going from a two-year starter to a bench player — eventually regaining his rightful starting spot at the end of 2017 along with his minutes allocation after the trade of fellow big man Larry Nance Jr. to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Dallas native has averaged 18.6 points, 9.2 rebounds, and has shot a blistering 57 percent from the floor since taking back his starting spot, which has turned into a career season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

His horrid defense gives me pause for this guy.  He is a good scorer and decent rebounder but he is a travesty on the other end.

Even as a UK guy, I'm skeptical of this given that I have a hard time seeing him paired up with Collins.

• Like 2

Why is he going to be expensive?   He’s not good.  

The fact that anyone would be interested in Randle at $15 million APY over 5 years and won’t even offer Paul Millsap a 2 year deal shows me that the decision maker is incompetent.  

LOL . . see?  Look at ya'll.  Balking already.

If a top not free agent isn't walking through that door, Schlenk will have to bet on a lower tier player, and hope he becomes a star . . . like a Julius Randle.

The Lakers are 20 - 10 in their last 30 games.   Here are Randle's stats:

19 ppg

9.1 rebs

3.4 asst

58% FG

IDK if he and Collins would be a good fit together.  What I do know is that Collins can't ( or hasn't been given the chance ) to produce like this.

Oh, and just remember . . . this is a LOTTERY PICK that we're talking about here ( 7th in his draft class in 2014 ).  And he's arguably the 5th best player in that draft.

He was in Beast Mode the other night vs Cleveland

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Why is he going to be expensive?   He’s not good.  

The fact that anyone would be interested in Randle at $15 million APY over 5 years and won’t even offer Paul Millsap a 2 year deal shows me that the decision maker is incompetent.  

Honestly, in today's NBA . . . 15 million per for a productive starter, is pretty decent.  And Randle is close, if not already a top 10 true PF in the NBA.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Honestly, in today's NBA . . . 15 million per for a productive starter, is pretty decent.  And Randle is close, if not already a top 10 true PF in the NBA.

I like Randle.  My potential reservation is about how he and Collins would fit since I see a lot of the same strengths (scoring near the basket, athletic, rebounding) and weaknesses (basket protection, length, range).

I have also said several times I think we jump into FA in earnest after next year but will just have to wait and see.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

I like Randle.  My potential reservation is about how he and Collins would fit since I see a lot of the same strengths (scoring near the basket, athletic, rebounding) and weaknesses (basket protection, length, range).

I have also said several times I think we jump into FA in earnest after next year but will just have to wait and see.

I agree with all of this, but I do think we will see Collins improve his range. I like his shooting form and think he will be able to be more productive with threes and elbow jumpers. 

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

These are the types of signings I was talking about. I wouldn't mind 3yrs $40 mill for him that is a very manageable contract that can be moved should an experiment of playing with collins not work. 

Edited by davis171
  • Like 1