• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Rumored to Have Interest in Julius Randle

AHF

8 hours ago, AHF said:

I like Randle.  My potential reservation is about how he and Collins would fit since I see a lot of the same strengths (scoring near the basket, athletic, rebounding) and weaknesses (basket protection, length, range).

I have also said several times I think we jump into FA in earnest after next year but will just have to wait and see.

What about if you are like me and don't believe it either player if contending is the goal?

5 hours ago, DBac said:

I dunno about the fit with Randle and Collins but a switch flipped for Randle recently. He's been bullying other teams with his size and athleticism.

Agree with Diesel we're probably just here because we have cap space.

This. I think Atlanta will be mentioned by a lot of agents but I dont see us being a player in FA for these types. I can see us taking a bad contract for a lottery pick. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

To give Randle credit he's playing out of his mind the second half of this season. I just wish his defense was also improving. He could be another Paul Millsap type of FA signing if that were the case.

Thats the big problem ... his D is beyond bad it is absolutely horrible 

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Thats the big problem ... his D is beyond bad it is absolutely horrible 

His defensive deficiencies are overstated: his advanced metrics are decent.  Team defense and awareness lacking but he’s able to make great individual plays often enough.  The impact of his rebounding extends far beyond his 9 per career average.  The Lakers usually don’t make runs without him on the floor because of the action he forces on the glass: drawing fouls, box out attention, etc.  Much smarter offensive player than given credit for too seeing as how plays are rarely run for him.

Has had to overcome a lot for a young player (awful coaching from Scott, season-ending injury in his first game) and is still a dog.  With proper coaching 12-14 mil for him would be a Dennis-like super value.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Admin
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

His defensive deficiencies are overstated: his advanced metrics are decent.  Team defense and awareness lacking but he’s able to make great individual plays often enough.  The impact of his rebounding extends far beyond his 9 per career average.  The Lakers usually don’t make runs without him on the floor because of the action he forces on the glass: drawing fouls, box out attention, etc.  Much smarter offensive player than given credit for too seeing as how plays are rarely run for him.

Has had to overcome a lot for a young player (awful coaching from Scott, season-ending injury in his first game) and is still a dog.  With proper coaching 12-14 mil for him would be a Dennis-like super value.

I have watched a few Laker games this year and he gives no effort on D at all ... saves his energy for the offensive end

The bottom line is that Julius Randle should not even sniff a contract worth $15 million APY.  Most of that 2014 lottery should not be paid big on their next contract.  

Andrew Wiggins may be the most overpaid player in the NBA for what he brings to the table.  Jabari Parker is not good.  Joel Embiid is by far the best of those lottery picks which doesn’t surprise me.  I had him rated #1 in that draft.  He and Nikola Jolie are the only players from that draft who should get paid.  

Mid rather give Marcus Smart $10 million APY than Randle or Parker $15 million APY.  

23 hours ago, cam1218 said:

I agree with all of this, but I do think we will see Collins improve his range. I like his shooting form and think he will be able to be more productive with threes and elbow jumpers. 

How about getting the ball to him when he's in the post.  The last thing I want to see him doing, is jacking up 2 - 4 threes a game, but can't even get 1 post touch in a game.  That's completely going away from his offensive strength.   1 three a game is fine.  Bud shouldn't try to turn him into Mike Muscala.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, davis171 said:

These are the types of signings I was talking about. I wouldn't mind 3yrs $40 mill for him that is a very manageable contract that can be moved should an experiment of playing with collins not work. 

Well you're definitely not getting Randle for 3/40.   This will be his 2nd contract.  And the 2nd contract will definitely be a 4 - 5 year deal.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

The bottom line is that Julius Randle should not even sniff a contract worth $15 million APY.  Most of that 2014 lottery should not be paid big on their next contract.  

Andrew Wiggins may be the most overpaid player in the NBA for what he brings to the table.  Jabari Parker is not good.  Joel Embiid is by far the best of those lottery picks which doesn’t surprise me.  I had him rated #1 in that draft.  He and Nikola Jolie are the only players from that draft who should get paid.  

Mid rather give Marcus Smart $10 million APY than Randle or Parker $15 million APY.  

Interesting dynamic happening with Wiggins in Minny

52 minutes ago, KB21 said:

We agree on something.  

Give me Derrick Favors on his third contract instead.  

If Favors will come at 3yrs 40-45 mill bring him in he is a little more comfortable playing center too. I worry if he will accept being a full time center though. FWIW if Sap would have signed 3yrs 40-45 mill too I would have been happy to bring him back.

Edited by davis171

11 minutes ago, davis171 said:

If Favors will come at 3yrs 40-45 mill bring him in he is a little more comfortable playing center too. I worry if he will accept being a full time center though. FWIW if Sap would have signed 3yrs 40-45 mill too I would have been happy to bring him back.

What league are you thinking about?  The salary cap isn't 60 million anymore.  It's 100 million.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What league are you thinking about?  The salary cap isn't 60 million anymore.  It's 100 million.

Yup Ik I also know Lou Williams signed 3yrs 24 million and no teams have cap space. 12-15 million is about a 6th of the cap when Sap signed originally he signed for a 6th of the cap less actually.

Edited by davis171

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How about getting the ball to him when he's in the post.  The last thing I want to see him doing, is jacking up 2 - 4 threes a game, but can't even get 1 post touch in a game.  That's completely going away from his offensive strength.   1 three a game is fine.  Bud shouldn't try to turn him into Mike Muscala.

I don’t envision him shooting 4 threes a game, but if he is efficient with his jumpers it expands his game. You need spacing and the ability to make shots provides that. I don’t think Bud wants him to be Muscala..

If I may tune in on this! Lol I can tell a lot of you don’t listen to nba radio (which i find is a good source of info for all nba fans unlike ESPN) so I’m just going to quote to you what nearly every nba radio analyst on each show  is saying about randle.

first off it’s important to know many of the nba radio analyst are former players, coaches, etc (all aren’t just avg joes off the street) and lately they have been raving about randle for months now! Randle is on some ridiculous streak going on 31 games or so with a very impressive offensive stat line. He’s scoring at will, he loves physicality and bangs for the boards, and has a rare all out motor apparently. I even heard someone say he’s like the next draymond green difference maker.

Ive also heard so much credit given to his ability to handle the ball ....very much improved in that area is what they like to continue to bring up .

now on the squawk we typically don’t care what others opinions are but I’m bringing this to your attention so when or if Randle is a top free agent you won’t be surprised. It could just be all media hype but this isn’t a “hawks got cap space so they are going to be linked to anyone” ...no no no many are actually high on Randle sorry you’re now just hearing...Also just to note soooo many laker fans call in getting into their feelings about being afraid of losing him this summer.

im not going to lie to you! I personally haven’t sat down and watched enough of this new Julius Randle to say ok he’s definitely worth this 12-18m he’s projected to get by these nba radio analyst ....so I don’t personally know if this is media hype or not but the lakers have a winning record over the past 10-20 games or so and it’s major credit to Randle.

i just thought I should let you all know what others are saying about him. I’ve read some negative stuff in this thread and I’m wondering who’s truly watching him to have real judgments. I believe Schlenk may be looking at Randle if what the guys at nba radio really know what they are talking about (they are starting to speak on randle as if he’s a star in the making ....just tune into nba radio, I’m not making this up! People are really high on this kid!)

Edited by JTB