• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Rumored to Have Interest in Julius Randle

AHF

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

If I may tune in on this! Lol I can tell a lot of you don’t listen to nba radio (which i find is a good source of info for all nba fans unlike ESPN) so I’m just going to quote to you what nearly every nba radio analyst on each show  is saying about randle.

first off it’s important to know many of the nba radio analyst are former players, coaches, etc (all aren’t just avg joes off the street) and lately they have been raving about randle for months now! Randle is on some ridiculous streak going on 31 games or so with a very impressive offensive stat line. He’s scoring at will, he loves physicality and bangs for the boards, and has a rare all out motor apparently. I even heard someone say he’s like the next draymond green difference maker.

Ive also heard so much credit given to his ability to handle the ball ....very much improved in that area is what they like to continue to bring up .

now on the squawk we typically don’t care what others opinions are but I’m bringing this to your attention so when or if Randle is a top free agent you won’t be surprised. It could just be all media hype but this isn’t a “hawks got cap space so they are going to be linked to anyone” ...no no no many are actually high on Randle sorry you’re now just hearing...Also just to note soooo many laker fans call in getting into their feelings about being afraid of losing him this summer.

im not going to lie to you! I personally haven’t sat down and watched enough of this new Julius Randle to say ok he’s definitely worth this 12-18m he’s projected to get by these nba radio analyst ....so I don’t personally know if this is media hype or not but the lakers have a winning record over the past 10-20 games or so and it’s major credit to Randle.

i just thought I should let you all know what others are saying about him. I’ve read some negative stuff in this thread and I’m wondering who’s truly watching him to have real judgments. I believe Schlenk may be looking at Randle if what the guys at nba radio really know what they are talking about (they are starting to speak on randle as if he’s a star in the making ....just tune into nba radio, I’m not making this up! People are really high on this kid!)

Good post.  I would bet that most of the people who are critics of Randle, haven't sat down and watched an entire Lakers game lately.

Randle in Beast Mode again tonight.  16 pts ( 8 - 11 FG ) - 3 rebs at halftime of the Lakers vs Heat game.

(( edit )) . . . and people shouldn't make a mistake about how we acquire a talent like this, or any other talent.  We'll have to pay, and pay DEARLY.  Maybe even overpay, if we think that talent can really be special ( ala what Billy Knight thought about JJ )

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

His defensive deficiencies are overstated: his advanced metrics are decent.  Team defense and awareness lacking but he’s able to make great individual plays often enough.  The impact of his rebounding extends far beyond his 9 per career average.  The Lakers usually don’t make runs without him on the floor because of the action he forces on the glass: drawing fouls, box out attention, etc.  Much smarter offensive player than given credit for too seeing as how plays are rarely run for him.

Has had to overcome a lot for a young player (awful coaching from Scott, season-ending injury in his first game) and is still a dog.  With proper coaching 12-14 mil for him would be a Dennis-like super value.

Another good post.   See for yourself.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

If I may tune in on this! Lol I can tell a lot of you don’t listen to nba radio (which i find is a good source of info for all nba fans unlike ESPN) so I’m just going to quote to you what nearly every nba radio analyst on each show  is saying about randle.

first off it’s important to know many of the nba radio analyst are former players, coaches, etc (all aren’t just avg joes off the street) and lately they have been raving about randle for months now! Randle is on some ridiculous streak going on 31 games or so with a very impressive offensive stat line. He’s scoring at will, he loves physicality and bangs for the boards, and has a rare all out motor apparently. I even heard someone say he’s like the next draymond green difference maker.

Ive also heard so much credit given to his ability to handle the ball ....very much improved in that area is what they like to continue to bring up .

now on the squawk we typically don’t care what others opinions are but I’m bringing this to your attention so when or if Randle is a top free agent you won’t be surprised. It could just be all media hype but this isn’t a “hawks got cap space so they are going to be linked to anyone” ...no no no many are actually high on Randle sorry you’re now just hearing...Also just to note soooo many laker fans call in getting into their feelings about being afraid of losing him this summer.

im not going to lie to you! I personally haven’t sat down and watched enough of this new Julius Randle to say ok he’s definitely worth this 12-18m he’s projected to get by these nba radio analyst ....so I don’t personally know if this is media hype or not but the lakers have a winning record over the past 10-20 games or so and it’s major credit to Randle.

i just thought I should let you all know what others are saying about him. I’ve read some negative stuff in this thread and I’m wondering who’s truly watching him to have real judgments. I believe Schlenk may be looking at Randle if what the guys at nba radio really know what they are talking about (they are starting to speak on randle as if he’s a star in the making ....just tune into nba radio, I’m not making this up! People are really high on this kid!)

No one has a problem with Randle on offense and his rebounding. It is his defense that is a major flaw. If his defense was near what his offense has been this season he'd be a superstar level PF.

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Good post.  I would bet that most of the people who are critics of Randle, haven't sat down and watched an entire Lakers game lately.

Randle in Beast Mode again tonight.  16 pts ( 8 - 11 FG ) - 3 rebs at halftime of the Lakers vs Heat game.

(( edit )) . . . and people shouldn't make a mistake about how we acquire a talent like this, or any other talent.  We'll have to pay, and pay DEARLY.  Maybe even overpay, if we think that talent can really be special ( ala what Billy Knight thought about JJ )

Exactly...based on all this positivity  I’ve heard it’s actually no surprise teams are lining up for him. 

Whats crazy is , is that Julius will have to be handled before Lebron or Paul George makes their off season decision more than likely.

Magic has made it clear that he’s gearing up for spending money on big time star players now and later however to get to that magical 70m free cap space he’s wanting to get to this off season Julius must go!

Oh and yes I couldn’t agree more with this part of your post .......“people shouldn't make a mistake about how we acquire a talent like this, or any other talent”........when will everyone realize this hawks team is struggling on all phases ? We need scoring help, rebounding help, defense help... this hawks team need help period! Randle may be the major offense & rebounding help, somewhere else we can get the elite defense help we need. We just have to keep all options open there’s no other choice but to.

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

No one has a problem with Randle on offense and his rebounding. It is his defense that is a major flaw. If his defense was near what his offense has been this season he'd be a superstar level PF.

Hmmmm well you may disagree with me but in this era defense can be fixed as it’s more so about team defense than individual defense in this nba era in my opinion and I’m going to confidently reach and say Walton can’t teach defense the way bud and staff can. Therefore that major flaw “that is believed that Julius has” can be corrected.

its easier to get defense out of team than to find good solid offensive talent....that’s my opinion though! Most look at this era and say no one can defend, I look at this era and say where the hell are all the other bonafide nba scorers??? All on the warriors & previous Cavs teams?...Lebron figured it out when he went back to Cleveland...Lebron knows going into the post season that no east team had enough to keep up with a scoring load of him and kyrie. Cavs defensive numbers have been shit the past 3 seasons and yet they still get to the finals at will.

And I bring that up cause Defense can be taught my friend while offensively you can just NEVER have too many scorers . Not that defense isn’t important but it’s clear that defense don’t truly matter unless your team can keep up with the scoring load of their opponents.

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Another good post.   See for yourself.

Impressive highlight reel for Julius especially the defense stand on the wall, curry, KD plays.

with that said I wonder how much time randle has played at SF and PF this season?

Well hell, we might as well give Nick Stauskas a large contract as well.  He hasn't done anything in the NBA to this point, but he was a lottery pick.  So let's give him $12 plus million along with Julius Randle, who is a borderline starter in the NBA.

We can put Randle beside Ayton and have the worst interior defense in the league.

• Moderators

Staukas is an absurd comparison on every level.

Randle will get paid this offseason by somebody, he is too talented and productive at his age not to.  Prediction here is it won't be the Hawks paying him.

• Like 3

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

nah. You can piece together a highlight reel that makes James harden look like  a candidate for defensive player of the year. its about what you normally do play to play. 

Good news for him is that baseline is improving materially but he has limitations with his reach that will likely forever prevent him from being more than solid on D.  (Still has work to do to rise above below average).

10 hours ago, AHF said:

Staukas is an absurd comparison on every level.

Randle will get paid this offseason by somebody, he is too talented and productive at his age not to.  Prediction here is it won't be the Hawks paying him.

I agree and only seeing us paying him if Travis thinks he can get good value for Collins or Randle in a trade. Like you and a few others have already said, their games are to similar.

Randle will get paid and someone does value him. Especially with his production since the all-star break.

Edited by Buzzard

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I agree and only seeing us paying him if Travis thinks he can get good value for Collins or Randle in a trade. Like you and a few others have already said, their games are to similar.

Randle will get paid and someone does value him. Especially with his production since the all-star break.

Collins is much more athletic and has a better base skill level.  He has at least shown the ability to hit the corner three.

Randle is a Center in a power forward body.  

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Collins is much more athletic and has a better base skill level.  He has at least shown the ability to hit the corner three.

Randle is a Center in a power forward body.  

Collins shoots .286 from 16ft out to the three point line. 

Randle has shot .268 for his career from that range and one season shot .318.

Collins has more upside from the 3pt line; but they are to similar to be on the floor at the same time.

• Moderators

I think you guys are taking past eachother.  KB is saying he thinks Collins is better and would rather have him.  You are saying they are too similar to have both.  You both basically agree we should keep JC and focus there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think you guys are taking past eachother.  KB is saying he thinks Collins is better and would rather have him.  You are saying they are too similar to have both.  You both basically agree we should keep JC and focus there.

They both get most of their points inside 16ft and neither is great on defense. I think Collins has no fear; and of the few Laker games I have watched, I love Randles intensity and energy.

Collin’s progression as a jump shooter is much more impressive than Randle.  He had a red light earlier in the season, but has hit his jumpers at a higher clip recently with all of his three point makes coming on the corner three.  

Yeah if it is similar money give me Favors > Randle. He is taller and has played significant minutes at center. Although I doubt he choses ATL due to him having to be almost a full time center due to Collins here I'd sign him in a heart beat over Randle.

Edited by davis171

• Premium Member
On 16/3/2018 at 6:22 AM, Sothron said:

Randle and Collins would be a horrible fit together. Randle needs a defensive center next to him to make up for his bad defense. Collins is not that guy.

Why are we married to the notion Collins is a starter? I think he could be a better fit as a 6th-7th type man.