• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

18 minutes ago, LastDon said:

Dude is trash..he couldn't get the Hornets Rollin when Clifford went out..I would rather have Jarron Collins who has extensive knowledge of Kerry's offensive..

You really think a guy who hops in to head coach in the middle of the season is going to be able to make real adjustments? Anyone who has done any kind of people management knows you can't change culture/effort/strategy overnight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know what Silas is or isn't, but expecting him to be a miracle worker with that team.....:blink:

Clifford won 9 of his 1st 22 games

Silas won 8 of the 21 games Clifford missed.

Clifford came back and finished the season winning 19 of 39 games.

I would say that team was exactly who they were - Not a good team.

Happens when you overpay role guys like stars. I remember some guys wanted Batum. Lol. For a decent contract yes that albatross is holding them down and Kemba the guy that has been carrying them will most likely be a casualty as a result. And not many would win with charlottes roster. 

• Like 2

Dang, word is MIL will interview Becky H.  Budenz not among the first batch of interviews it seems.

Say where they're expected to see upwards of 10 candidates so he'll probably get a courtesy sitdown.

Maybe he can be Becks' replacement in SAS?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Dang, word is MIL will interview Becky H.  Budenz not among the first batch of interviews it seems.

Say where they're expected to see upwards of 10 candidates so he'll probably get a courtesy sitdown.

Bingo. And I’m loving it. The chicken$hit quitter...

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I really wanted the Hawks to take lead on her as a HC candidate.

Its the perfect way to generate positive energy towards the franchise. And Atlanta is the perfect city to have a woman head coach in a men’s league.

We would go down in history along with her forever.

And she’s from a similar system. It’d be too perfect.

I really hope Milwaukee doesn’t pull the trigger

Edited by RedDawg#8

8 hours ago, hazer said:

Bingo. And I’m loving it. The chicken$hit quitter...

I liked Bud, but to be honest he was becoming too much of a complainer.  There was a scenario where the Hawks this season had a good lead over the Magic with about 6 seconds left in the game.  The Magic get the ball back and Shelvin Mack does a Layup to end the game.  Bud got mad about that and was say something to Shelvin about it, meanwhile Chales Lee was talking to Shelvin & could have cared less about that bucket because it did not affect the outcome of the game.

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I really wanted the Hawks to take lead on her as a HC candidate.

Its the perfect way to generate positive energy towards the franchise. And Atlanta is the perfect city to have a woman head coach in a men’s league.

We would go down in history along with her forever.

And she’s from a similar system. It’d be too perfect.

I really hope Milwaukee doesn’t pull the trigger

Yeah.  Let's completely ignore her lack of qualifications for the job and just hire her to make a political statement.  That's the ticket to getting a championship.

All the attacks onto Bud were also predictable from a fan base that supports losing so vigorously.  The guy was the best asset this team had, and you guys are supporting a neophyte GM running him off.  You are going to get what you wished for.  This team will suffer a lot of losing over the next few years because of the decisions they have made in the past year.

• Like 1

I am with KB about Budenholzer.  He is the best HC I have seen with the Hawks in my lifetime and feel confident he will lead another franchise far.  The entire situation is both horrible and surreal.  Gotta give props to Bud's agent as his client literally cannot lose whatever he decides.  I would reckon it will be the Bucks or backing up Pop.  That said, I would get a chuckle if he ended up in Charlotte.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

I am with KB about Budenholzer.  He is the best HC I have seen with the Hawks in my lifetime and feel confident he will lead another franchise far.  The entire situation is both horrible and surreal.  Gotta give props to Bud's agent as his client literally cannot lose whatever he decides.  I would reckon it will be the Bucks or backing up Pop.  That said, I would get a chuckle if he ended up in Charlotte.

DN+wG575ALfX1hlGtD9QhzEKZBogcKQavbAyhLUu

They said the same thing about me!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I get the inference but football isn't basketball, besides you know what the Falcons had that the Hawks don't - a stable owner in Blank, an experienced GM in Dimitroff and most importantly a franchise leader on and off the court in Matt Ryan - Hawks have NONE of those things.

The way all this was handled by both sides was very 'Hawksy' and it just doesn't leave me all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah.  That said, Mike Smith was much better than many of the HC's that preceded him and the Falcs had/have a very talented foundation something only the absurdly generous would ascribe to the Hawks.  Apples to oranges and while I remain disappointed about Bud leaving, I am still holding out perhaps misplaced hope that with the draft and salary cap resources we choose the top talent of the draft and combine with a decent coach to success.  

Schlenk is in a pretty interesting situation where he gets to choose a coach at the same time the Hawks having almost Cleveland Brown level draft capital in a top loaded draft.  For better or worse, the decisions he makes now are going to have a profound impact for years to come.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Yeah.  That said, Mike Smith was much better than many of the HC's that preceded him and the Falcs had/have a very talented foundation something only the absurdly generous would ascribe to the Hawks.  Apples to oranges and while I remain disappointed about Bud leaving, I am still holding out perhaps misplaced hope that with the draft and salary cap resources we choose the top talent of the draft and combine with a decent coach to success.  

Schlenk is in a pretty interesting situation where he gets to choose a coach at the same time the Hawks having almost Cleveland Brown level draft capital in a top loaded draft.  For better or worse, the decisions he makes now are going to have a profound impact for years to come.

When Bud was hired, the team had been in the playoffs 5 straight years.  Smith joined a team in disarray.  Not only did they finish with 4 wins in the previous season but their quarterback was thrown in prison.  Dimitroff was a 1st year GM just like Schlenk...The Hawk's ownership was in more disarray during the Larry Drew years but Drew still managed to have a higher winning percentage than Bud with less talent.

55 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Except they didn't. At least not the majority. Smith ran his course in Atlanta and needed to move on after that final terrible season. Bud lost with a team that was meant to lose. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, High5 said:

Except they didn't. At least not the majority. Smith ran his course in Atlanta and needed to move on after that final terrible season. Bud lost with a team that was meant to lose. 

Smith also did the same thing as Bud and depleted the roster...Smith wanted to continue to look for beef in the middle of the defensive line while passing on edge rushers.  Bud totally mismanaged the GM position which left the team in a no win situation.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, High5 said:

And by the way, Ferry came in and cleaned house too selling Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams for nothing and Drew still made it to the playoffs.  Just look at that 2012-13 roster!

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2013.html

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And by the way, Ferry came in and cleaned house too selling Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams for nothing and Drew still made it to the playoffs.  Just look at that 2012-13 roster!

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2013.html

The fact that you would actually compare the talent on that team to the talent on this team tells me all I need to know about you.  

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The fact that you would actually compare the talent on that team to the talent on this team tells me all I need to know about you.  

Not just this year's team but other than the 60 win season which essentially boiled down to 1 great month Larry Drew's record have been better with less talent.  Heck go ahead and use your favorite metrics to compare the 2 team's best players.. I dare you to compare the BPM and VORP

• Like 1