• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Dedmon will sign with Milwaukee this off season.

Have you seen the Bucks capsheet? It's brutal now. By the time they add Parker's new deal, they'll be in the Luxury Tax or very close too it. Which means all they'll be able to offer Dedmon is the $8.5 MLE.

They'll need to move their overpaid guys like Delly and Henson. The Bank if Schlenk should be open to take some bad contracts for 1sts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Have you seen the Bucks capsheet? It's brutal now. By the time they add Parker's new deal, they'll be in the Luxury Tax or very close too it. Which means all they'll be able to offer Dedmon is the $8.5 MLE.

They'll need to move their overpaid guys like Delly and Henson. The Bank if Schlenk should be open to take some bad contracts for 1sts.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wouldn't it be funny if he doesn't get an offer? :angel:

Is this original squawker  @JayBirdHawk ?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, EazyRoc said:

What if....Pop retires! Bud slides right in. Probably why he wanted out so bad.

I've wondered the same. I don't think Pop retires with the Kawhi business unsettled.

10 minutes ago, DBac said:

Dont think any of the candidates the Hawks are listed as looking at would make me mad. Fresh blood, no retreads.

Now that Fizdale is out, the only coaches Atlanta has interviewed that have drawn interest/interviews with other jobs is Jay Larranaga.  The Hawks are the only team to interview Nate Tibbetts, Jarron Collins, Darvin Ham, and Stephen Silas.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Now that Fizdale is out, the only coaches Atlanta has interviewed that have drawn interest/interviews with other jobs is Jay Larranaga.  The Hawks are the only team to interview Nate Tibbetts, Jarron Collins, Darvin Ham, and Stephen Silas.

I don’t mind a young coach with new ideas for this team 

Larranaga and Tibbetts intrigue me the most

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I don’t mind a young coach with new ideas for this team 

Larranaga and Tibbetts intrigue me the most

This young coach is just going to be the fall guy that takes all the losses this team is about to accrue.  

32 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They basically have their pick so will be interesting to see who they go with. Should get their guy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, High5 said:

I don't know anything about Larranaga, but we should be looking for the next Brad Stevens and I guess that's not a bad place to start. 

So, the Hawks should hire Butler's coach?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Milwaukee's the better option for him (and just about everybody else), but I was really pulling for the Knicks to grab Bud.

As was the case with Woody, I could've used all those NYDN/NYPost tabloid backpage ripjobs whenever things go left for my own catharsis.

~lw3

Exhibit A: "MEET BUD'S FRUMPY WIFE, MARY BETH"

Good luck to ya, Fiz.

~lw3

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wouldn't it be funny if he doesn't get an offer? :angel:

Yes, yes it would.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jay larranaga is who I want. I dont want Stephen Silas and I dont believe in his development skills. I hope to be proven otherwise 

I could go along with Larranaga.  He is a coach that stresses team oriented play and defense.  I still think I want Darvin Ham to get it since he is from the Bud tree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've wondered the same. I don't think Pop retires with the Kawhi business unsettled.

I think the drama and how he handled it was a really bad look. His political stances may have also rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. Most importantly (and sadly), he just lost his wife. He’s had an absolutely amazing run over the last 20 years or so and I see no better time than now for him to bow out gracefully.