• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

On 4/29/2018 at 9:50 PM, hazer said:

Ferry did the same with Bud and the Spurs. Then again it was familiarity with the Spurs, so no fault there. Then again, this would be familiarity with the Warriors. Again, not bad. I’m hoping for Fiz.

That is the way the a lot of jobs work to be honest. A friend of yours gets a good position somewhere; and if he or she trust your good judgement and ability they try to steal you away.

• Like 1

Schlenk stated on 92.9 this AM that the Hawks have interviewed four candidates already, plus another today, and probably two tomorrow.

I'm curious to see if any of these interviews are the Spurs assistants, Ime Udoka and James Borrego.  I think Darren Erman from New Orleans will end up getting an interview as well.

13 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think I have underestimated Darvin Ham.  I like the way he communicates.

He was my guy from the beginning. Might as well keep him around. Knows the system, and the players seem to like him so.........................Good luck Darwin..

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JTB said:

He’s probably going to win out and be the head coach. I rather Fizdale but that’s not happening 

Agreed, it’s his time and he was with Schlenk at GS (helped develop Steph). He’ll be the choice. I wanted Ham, Fitz, or Silas in that order since Snyder ain’t coming back. But Ham is part of Bud’s guard and Fitz will take a bigger/better job. I’d say Silas is qualified as all get-out, is deserving, and would be a pretty damn good choice.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Wait.  Isn't that what we had in Bud, one of the best culture builders and player development coaches in the NBA?

Apparently not.  Sounds like Bud prefers to work with older players

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Wait.  Isn't that what we had in Bud, one of the best culture builders and player development coaches in the NBA?

Bud quit. Remember?

Being that Silas has some deep roots with Curry I think it MAY be smart to hire him since Schlenk is going to draft Trae Young.

thats right I’m calling it....schlenk will hire Silas, draft Young to be his poor mans curry, trade Dennis for anything and the new start/new culture will be Silas and Trae Young.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Being that Silas has some deep roots with Curry I think it MAY be smart to hire him since Schlenk is going to draft Trae Young.

thats right I’m calling it....schlenk will hire Silas, draft Young to be his poor mans curry, trade Dennis for anything and the new start/new culture will be Silas and Trae Young.

I mentioned this in the draft thread.

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bud quit. Remember?

Bud was effectively fired.  He did not quit.

Just now, DS5 said:

No, he quit. Stop making shit up.

If he quit, then why is he getting all $13-14 million of his money?  The Hawks fired him.  Jeff Shultz even mentioned in his article that he was effectively fired.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If he quit, then why is he getting all $13-14 million of his money?  The Hawks fired him.  Jeff Shultz even mentioned in his article that he was effectively fired.

Mutually agreed upon breakup because of Bud's unhappiness with the situation

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Trae Young could/should be better than Steph Curry.