• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

4 hours ago, mcleitsy said:

Yeah, I think it is safe to say Doncic is gone if the Suns pick ahead of us. 

If they pass on him, that would say alot also...

1 hour ago, terrell said:

If they pass on him, that would say alot also...

Very true. I keep thinking of that clip of him dunking on Adrian Payne....which concerns me about the talent level he's been putting his stats up against. Even when he beats him, it doesn't really look like he blows by him. I don't know much about Euro ball, but I'd really like to see him against better competition. 

2 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

Very true. I keep thinking of that clip of him dunking on Adrian Payne....which concerns me about the talent level he's been putting his stats up against. Even when he beats him, it doesn't really look like he blows by him. I don't know much about Euro ball, but I'd really like to see him against better competition. 

LOL!  Like somehow Marvin Bagley III is playing against better competition.  Luka is playing against grown men out there and dominating.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Fizdale getting a 4 year deal in NY.  

Were it not for the "take that for data" post game rant, he would not be the coach of the Knicks. I'm telling you it's all about raising your profile and making yourself nationally known. 

Edited by bleachkit

• Moderators

Milwaukee's the better option for him (and just about everybody else), but I was really pulling for the Knicks to grab Bud.

As was the case with Woody, I could've used all those NYDN/NYPost tabloid backpage ripjobs whenever things go left for my own catharsis.

~lw3

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He sounds interesting ... although I hate the Celtics, I am a big fan of Brad Stevens.  I think he is one of the best coaches in the league.

Definitely an intriguing coaching prospect. I loathe all Boston teams too. Stevens is a top 5 coach.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well scratch Fizdale off the list.  He's going to New York...well I'm hoping we go with Silas now. I didn't realize he had so much experience in the league.

30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Fizdale getting a 4 year deal in NY.  

21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Were it not for the "take that for data" post game rant, he would not be the coach of the Knicks. I'm telling you it's all about raising your profile and making yourself nationally known. 

• Like 4

Oooooooooo, the Fiz “beats out” the Bud. New York has already started its $hit:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I think the Bucks is the perfect landing spot for Bud.  If he hooks on with them I expect them to be real contenders next year (if they can get a rebounder/center)

Dedmon will sign with Milwaukee this off season.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:52 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So what happens if the Hawks start the season 5 - 1?  Does management order the coach to play the good players less, so that they'll have a greater chance to lose games and stay in the lottery?

I think the chips will be let to fall were they lie. If they come out blazing and winning they will ( not likely) still keep there impetus on getting assets. I don’t think the plan is to do a Philadelphia or insert any other lottery team over the years type deal. I think there is some truth on both sides the hawks wanted to tear down the expensive middling team. Bud preferred veterans that could help him win. It’s going to be exciting though, new coach, new refurbished arena and hopefully a franchise player or two to market. Exciting times are upon us.

Edited by Royjr9
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

I think the chips will be let to fall were they lie. If they come out blazing and winning they will ( not likely) still keep there impetus on getting assets. I don’t think the plan is to do a Philadelphia or insert any other lottery team over the years type deal. I think there is some truth on both sides the hawks wanted to tear down the expensive middling team. Bud preferred veterans that could help him win. It’s going to be exciting though, new coach, new refurbished arena and hopefully a franchise player or two to market. Exciting times are upon us.

I'm sure that's what Orlando thought when they tore down in 2012 and hired the hot young executive from the model team at that time, OKC.