• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

37 minutes ago, hazer said:

Ferry did the same with Bud and the Spurs. Then again it was familiarity with the Spurs, so no fault there. Then again, this would be familiarity with the Warriors. Again, not bad. I’m hoping for Fiz.

Bud was a lead assistant and had been in the Spurs system for 15 some odd years, so the comparison of Ferry hiring Bud and Schlenk hiring Collins doesn't work.  It doesn't work for Tibbetts either, as he has been an assistant since 2011 with head coaching experience in the D League, and I'm not sure if he or David Vanterpool is actually the lead assistant.

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Reading up on Fizdale and he’s growing on me ...seems like he wants to actually win based on how others view him and do his best no matter where he ends up. Also sounds like he’s eager to place the right ball moving and spacing scheme in his offense (which is my biggest concern for the new hire coach to do).

im not so sure he can develop players but fiz sounds like a coach who’s really going to put in the effort in is all I’m saying.

grizz May have jumped the gun and fired him way too quickly.

They absolutely did, just as they are jumping the gun and hiring JB Bickerstaff to replace him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They absolutely did, just as they are jumping the gun and hiring JB Bickerstaff to replace him.

I will be ok with Fiz...he’s no bud but I can at least say Fiz has some decent good potential. 

Like I stated I don’t know where his development skills as coach is but I think he’s serious enough about wanting to win a championship that he will put the right staff in place and try his best with the young guys we are getting ready to have.

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I will be ok with Fiz...he’s no bud but I can at least say Fiz has some decent good potential. 

Like I stated I don’t know where his development skills as coach is but I think he’s serious enough about wanting to win a championship that he will put the right staff in place and try his best with the young guys we are getting ready to have.

Did you ever see his "take that for data" post game rant?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bud was a lead assistant and had been in the Spurs system for 15 some odd years, so the comparison of Ferry hiring Bud and Schlenk hiring Collins doesn't work.  It doesn't work for Tibbetts either, as he has been an assistant since 2011 with head coaching experience in the D League, and I'm not sure if he or David Vanterpool is actually the lead assistant.

Fair point. I was just referring to both GM and his familiar assistant both coming from the same winning organization.

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Did you ever see his "take that for data" post game rant?

Yup saw that and loved it! Lol....and read this about the offense he brought to the grizz. Fiz has a similar offense to Dantonis 7 seconds or less offense and I’m ok with that !....as long as our new coach has a damn offensive scheme/style I believe I’m going to be ok with the new coach even if he hasn’t necessarily perfected the style. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bealestreetbears.com/2016/10/17/grizzlies-david-fizdale-offense-change/amp/

He has not reportedly interviewed yet, but Stephen Silas is going to be a favorite for the job as well.  He has a history coaching on the same staff as Travis Schlenk when both were coaches on Don Nelson's staff in Golden State.  Also, one of the guys Travis brought to Atlanta is Rod Higgins, and Higgins is very familiar with both Paul Silas and Stephen Silas from his days with the Charlotte franchise.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Collins is the name that would really frustrate me.  Don't think he has shown enough to have his name seriously in a HC bid at this point.

Agreed ....strongly but unfortunately I believe he’s a serious consideration 

would be just our luck to get him 

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He has not reportedly interviewed yet, but Stephen Silas is going to be a favorite for the job as well.  He has a history coaching on the same staff as Travis Schlenk when both were coaches on Don Nelson's staff in Golden State.  Also, one of the guys Travis brought to Atlanta is Rod Higgins, and Higgins is very familiar with both Paul Silas and Stephen Silas from his days with the Charlotte franchise.

Well wouldn’t it be kinda dumb to bring in someone who was on a losing staff when GS was horrible?

guess that part isn’t being considered in this coach search.

The thing with Collins is that he may be a good coach.  He will just be another team’s coach when we find out.  

How would you like to be Stephen Silas, who goes from being a finalist for the Houston job and inheriting that team to being a favorite for the Hawks job and inheriting this team?

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

Jason Walker told me on Twitter that he doesn’t think Fizdale will take the job.  Said he has too many options to take this job right now.  

Sounds about right. 

I’ve realized he would be the best option out of all the names mentioned therefore it’s unlikely to happen.

David Fizdale on Jarron Collins:

“With what he is gaining from a knowledge standpoint in coaching with that team and being part of that championship culture with the coaches he is learning under — Steve Kerr, Mike Brown, Ron Adams — Jarron is getting an Ivy League education. And with his ability to communicate with guys, I think he has a great temperament for the job. I can very easily see an organization looking at him for a job and being intrigued.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

David Fizdale on Jarron Collins:

“With what he is gaining from a knowledge standpoint in coaching with that team and being part of that championship culture with the coaches he is learning under — Steve Kerr, Mike Brown, Ron Adams — Jarron is getting an Ivy League education. And with his ability to communicate with guys, I think he has a great temperament for the job. I can very easily see an organization looking at him for a job and being intrigued.”

Hopefully he gets a couple more years seasoning out in San Fran and Hawks pass on him for now. Best of luck becoming a great coach, just not right now and not with the Hawks (crosses fingers).

43 minutes ago, hazer said:

Hopefully he gets a couple more years seasoning out in San Fran and Hawks pass on him for now. Best of luck becoming a great coach, just not right now and not with the Hawks (crosses fingers).

For sure, I hope we end up getting Fizdale, but it seems like it could be a long shot IMO. The only other name I've seen in the coach search that intrigues me is Silas. 

• Like 1