• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis--Am I missing something here??

Wurider05

I am  confused about Dennis. Do you all want him traded due to us rebuilding (for the foreseeable future) and not needing him or due to the opinion of some that he sucks. I am old school in that I believe that players earn their money in the playoffs. Dennis Schröder balled when the pressure was tight and the spotlight was on him. I can name plenty of guys who are on max contracts who shrink when things get tight.  I know that he has some issues as with most players but those could be corrected by coaching in my opinion. Hate to see him go and blow up somewhere else. We have enough egg on out face already. At least he can't walk for nothing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This wasn't a year to judge Dennis' defense.  If he played defense, we'd be picking 10th in the draft.

Agreed, Menace is capable of better D.

• Like 1

I strongly believe the rumor or whatever you want to call it that schlenk doesn’t really like Dennis and that’s why I believe he will be traded

ya know I think Dennis is really based on where we pick as far as him staying or going right away. If we pick 4 or later I believe schlenk will draft young and trade Dennis almost instantly 

11 hours ago, KB21 said:

Sometimes you have to make a decision on whether you keep fishing in a spot, or if you cut bait and move to another spot.  At this point, I think Dennis is what he is.  He's a high volume scorer who is inefficient and isn't the best initiator, who also plays terrible defense.  His best role would be as an off the bench, instant offense type of player, but he brings too many limitations to be a starting player on a good team.

I agree. And I don't think he will accept being another Jamal Crawford and so he will cause trouble.

If Dennis played defense the way he normally does in the playoffs our record would land us most likely between Charlotte and new York. In return giving us a worse pick(10th-ish) and a bunch of people whining about not getting a higher pick, with their “hawks will forever be in purgatory” talk.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

I am  confused about Dennis. Do you all want him traded due to us rebuilding (for the foreseeable future) and not needing him or due to the opinion of some that he sucks. I am old school in that I believe that players earn their money in the playoffs. Dennis Schröder balled when the pressure was tight and the spotlight was on him. I can name plenty of guys who are on max contracts who shrink when things get tight.  I know that he has some issues as with most players but those could be corrected by coaching in my opinion. Hate to see him go and blow up somewhere else. We have enough egg on out face already. At least he can't walk for nothing. 

The problems that he has is that he's a selfish PG.   It's almost oxymoronic... but Dennis is not going to help develop anybody and if you bring in a young coach, then he will run right over that coach.   You can't change mentality. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JTB said:

I strongly believe the rumor or whatever you want to call it that schlenk doesn’t really like Dennis and that’s why I believe he will be traded

ya know I think Dennis is really based on where we pick as far as him staying or going right away. If we pick 4 or later I believe schlenk will draft young and trade Dennis almost instantly 

Trust that we will get a PG in the draft.   One of our first rounders will be a PG who we will try out.   I  don't rule out us going after a PG in Free agency either.   I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after guys in a crowded backcourt like Jeremy Lin or Duante Exum.  Some young vet who can run the show while whatever late first rounder we get plays backup. 

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

What rumors?

It’s more so speculation based on what many think Schlenks mindset is and just judging his past with the warriors than it is rumors.

when I wrote than post the other day I couldn’t think of the word “speculation “ which is why I said “rumors or whatever you want to call it”

cause I knew someone was going to say “what rumors ?”...because they didn’t hear it from ESPN 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s more so speculation based on what many think Schlenks mindset is and just judging his past with the warriors than it is rumors.

when I wrote than post the other day I couldn’t think of the word “speculation “ which is why I said “rumors or whatever you want to call it”

cause I knew someone was going to say “what rumors ?”...because they didn’t hear it from ESPN 

I don't think he hates Dennis at all...That's a fan thing!

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Trust that we will get a PG in the draft.   One of our first rounders will be a PG who we will try out.   I  don't rule out us going after a PG in Free agency either.   I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after guys in a crowded backcourt like Jeremy Lin or Duante Exum.  Some young vet who can run the show while whatever late first rounder we get plays backup. 

I can see us going after the Simmons kid with one of the late 1sts.  Wouldn't be a bad gamble assuming we can continue our emphasis on development.  Hearing Silas was, in some way, in on the Warriors guards' development is an encouraging sign.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

The problems that he has is that he's a selfish PG.   It's almost oxymoronic... but Dennis is not going to help develop anybody and if you bring in a young coach, then he will run right over that coach.   You can't change mentality. 

He's top 15 in assists per game and top 10 if only counting pgs. Why do people think he's selfish? To be near the top of the league in assists on a talent deficient team that cant really do much offensively without him is pretty good. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, rd79 said:

The way the Hawks developed, tanking and shit I'm starting to wish Dennis gets traded. I'm so tired of people complaining when he is playing well about how he ruins the tank and if he plays bad people use that to point out how he is trash and not a piece to build around. Yes is isn't a franchise player - he won't get you a championship on his own, but I believe he can be a useful starting piece on a contending team, complemented by other good players.

Add Baze to that list Too

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Add Baze to that list Too

That's so sad, too. I really hope once Baze's contract is up he re-signs at a much cheaper option. Dude is great for culture, just not worth nearly his cap hit. I'd like to see him as a Hawk the rest of his career. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, AtlKauzie said:

He's top 15 in assists per game and top 10 if only counting pgs. Why do people think he's selfish? To be near the top of the league in assists on a talent deficient team that cant really do much offensively without him is pretty good. 

Not impressed.   Assistants doesn't mean that he's not selfish.  Who and how does he develop others?  We have seen him make big men invisible.  Whether it was Dwight or Collins or Sap.   This guy is mefirst most of the time.   Moreover, a new coach is going to call him on it and he's going to pout.  A new coach with no spine will let him continue to have his way.   a new coach who has a spine will make him the bench player that he is.