• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #19 and #30

bleachkit

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

There are about 259 other players eligible for the draft I would rather have than Allen. Dude got caught multiple times doing intentional and potentially dangerous fouls way beyond normal, strategic fouls. All the tripping! 

Remember Dirty Dellavedova taking Korver out of our best year ever in the playoffs? That is Greyson Allen. Hell. No.

The Dookie effect is just icing on the cake. F that dude. 

It’s Grayson ok Sheldon Williams!

I kid bird dirt! How else u gonna know im fully back without a ZING!!!

GOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMM...

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

Lonnie Walker thinks the world is a hologram.  I'm not taking that idiot.  I'm not taking Kevin Knox for that matter either.

Yeah, Im not high on either of those guys...

Just now, terrell said:

Yeah, Im not high on either of those guys myself...But for basketball reasons..

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we're comparing talent, who has the most upside?  Grayson or Dorsey?  I say Grayson.

North are you Jaywalker? You made a comment about Billy Knight’s excited dream and I caught a soaring south podcast (after a year layoff that..) and he made the same comment. Hmm.

Grayson has more upside in my opinion. Dorsey did some things this year thoug that exceeded  my expectations for sure.

53 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

There are about 259 other players eligible for the draft I would rather have than Allen. Dude got caught multiple times doing intentional and potentially dangerous fouls way beyond normal, strategic fouls. All the tripping! 

Remember Dirty Dellavedova taking Korver out of our best year ever in the playoffs? That is Greyson Allen. Hell. No.

The Dookie effect is just icing on the cake. F that dude. 

I did not care for him either after last season. I have not read any bad news on him this year. People can change; and most of us need to. Some more than others.

A lot of great players have been a bit dirty.  I'd worry less about grayson's dirtiness and more about the fact that this duke team didn't relentlessly feed bagley and instead let grayson try to carry the duke team.  Was that his fault or K's.

When these guys get away from K they may be able to develop into team players.  K just has a toxic effect on some kids.

17 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

supposedly with john stockton if you set a screen in front of him he would always hit you in the balls.

He was one of the most physical players in the game. He also did not back down from anyone. Karl Malone was of the same ilk. They never won a championship but they did more consistently with less than any team I can remember. The 2nd and 3rd leading scorers on the 96 and 97 Western Conference Championship teams were John Stockton and Jeff Hornacek at roughly 14.5 ppg those two years.

I know Bron has done some amazing things on a few borderline Cav teams. But when you think about who Malone faced vs who Bron is facing in the East right now; I don't think it compares.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He was one of the most physical players in the game. He also did not back down from anyone. Karl Malone was of the same ilk. They never won a championship but they did more consistently with less than any team I can remember. The 2nd and 3rd leading scorers on the 96 and 97 Western Conference Championship teams were John Stockton and Jeff Hornacek at roughly 14.5 ppg those two years.

I know Bron has done some amazing things on a few borderline Cav teams. But when you think about who Malone faced vs who Bron is facing in the East right now; I don't think it compares.

I don't know if the level of competition was higher then.  Definitely some of the games were great, and a lot of the players were very smart.  I think that the talent pool is much deeper now and the sport is a lot bigger.  I think that some of the great players in the past couldn't get their shot off today.

Back to Grayson, though, I went to UNC and I really hate the guy but I'd still draft him.  I think he has a place in the league and I think people will be scared to draft him.

2 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

I don't know if the level of competition was higher then.  Definitely some of the games were great, and a lot of the players were very smart.  I think that the talent pool is much deeper now and the sport is a lot bigger.  I think that some of the great players in the past couldn't get their shot off today.

Back to Grayson, though, I went to UNC and I really hate the guy but I'd still draft him.  I think he has a place in the league and I think people will be scared to draft him.

There will be a few GMs who will be scared to not draft him. I think he has a shot at a long career as a offensive weapon off the bench; provided he can keep his temper in check the same way he did his senior year.

13 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

Some players couldn’t get their shot off? Like who? If JJJ can get that ugly shot off..anyone from the past could as well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Some players couldn’t get their shot off? Like who? If JJJ can get that ugly shot off..anyone from the past could as well. 

Well, bob cousy definitely would struggle.  I dunno, I love nba ball from that period.  Given that 3 guys from my high school played in the nba for a long time, I definitely think it was easier to make it.  (one was dominique, btw.  first high school.)

Just now, kerrypack said:

Well, bob cousy definitely would struggle.  I dunno, I love nba ball from that period.  Given that 3 guys from my high school played in the nba for a long time, I definitely think it was easier to make it.  (one was dominique, btw.  first high school.)

same team, i should say.

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Malone would feast on most of today's bigs. With today's no touch rules, he would get 15 points a game just from the free throw line.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AHF said:

Combine Duke and douche and you get a player I hate.  I dislike a lot of Duke players - not just the white ones.

I'm guessing you don't harbor feelings of hatred for Wendell Carter or Marvin Bagely. If Grayson Allen was black would he be getting all the hate he gets? The answer is unquestionably, no.

Just now, bleachkit said:

I'm guessing you don't harbor feelings of hatred for Wendell Carter or Marvin Bagely. If Grayson Allen was black would he be getting all the hate he gets? The answer is unquestionably, no.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Dennis punched someone low several times two seasons ago and he immediately went on my watch list. Then he kicked another human being while he was down on the ground. Dennis is a Hawk and I will root for him but he needs to change. What Dennis did is a lot fresher in my memory than what Grayson was doing over a year ago.

If we draft Grayson, I will pull for him as well. But bullying cheap shot behavior is something no organization should tolerate. Either they straighten up and fly right; or they should be gone. CP3 was known for a low punch or two himself a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I disagree wholeheartedly. Dennis punched someone low several times two seasons ago and he immediately went on my watch list. Then he kicked another human being while he was down on the ground. Dennis is a Hawk and I will root for him but he needs to change. What Dennis did is a lot fresher in my memory than what Grayson was doing over a year ago.

If we draft Grayson, I will pull for him as well. But bullying cheap shot behavior is something no organization should tolerate. Either they straighten up and fly right; or they should be gone. CP3 was known for a low punch or two himself a few years ago.

Demarcus lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You really don't understand AHF and his Kentucky fandom. If you can find me one Kentucky alum who likes Duke players, you have found yourself a needle in a haystack. Now once they become Hawks things ease up; but otherwise don't expect a Wildcat to ever pull for a Duke player.

I can never pull for a 49er. That would go against everything I understand about being a old Falcons fan. I remember the 49ers being in the same division as us; and it was no fun getting beat by them every year.

Put it to you like this:

If the 49ers are playing Tampa Bay, New Orleans, or Carolina for the NFC Championship, I am not pulling for the 49ers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kerrypack said:

same team, i should say.

It's funny how some fans today dislike flashy players, but Cousy was probably the guy that Pistol Pete got some of his flash from.  Cousy's jumper was suspect, but that dude could handle and pass the basketball like no other.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's funny how some fans today dislike flashy players, but Cousy was probably the guy that Pistol Pete got some of his flash from.  Cousy's jumper was suspect, but that dude could handle and pass the basketball like no other.

He probably invented the no look pass.

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

People should never sleep on the greats of the past.  Those guys would be able to easily play in today's game.

There is another great guard I will never sell short: Earl The Pearl Monroe. 

• Like 1