Pick #19 and #30

bleachkit

16 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Honestly depends on who rises and falls. Right now I'd like Lonnie Walker or Kevin Knox, but there are a lot of guys at #19 I'd be happy with. At 30 or preferably 34 I definitely want Isaac Bonga if he's still available. That's my favorite sleeper in this draft.

Lonnie Walker thinks the world is a hologram.  I'm not taking that idiot.  I'm not taking Kevin Knox for that matter either.

• Like 1

I think that the grayson hate comes from his social awkwardness, his competitiveness, and his dirty play.  I am a UNC fan but I'd definitely take him for an NBA team if he is available.  I think that what white people worry about with white players is the next big bust.  But with a late pick, why worry about that?  I think that he has a lot to offer.

I’m white and in no way hate white players. But I despise Grayson, for all the reasons mentioned above. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Comon @hazer, you hated TJ Leaf like the plague last year and wanted Jonathan Isaac. :Olivia:

You right, you right. I was big on Isaac wat’n I?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hazer said:

You right, you right. I was big on Isaac wat’n I?

Would you do :

Hawks get: Jonathan Isaac+ Terrence Ross (flip later)  + 6th pick(2018) + 2019 1st round pick (top 3 protected).

Magic get: Dennis Schröder + 3rd pick

??

• Like 1

Unless we reach for Sexton or Young at 3, I think our pick at 19 will be Holiday or Brunson.  Until recently, I thought for sure we would take a big or wing at 19; but I am starting to come on board with the thought that the best players available could very well be the two proven PGs.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Would you do :

Hawks get: Jonathan Isaac+ Terrence Ross (flip later)  + 6th pick(2018) + 2019 1st round pick (top 3 protected).

Magic get: Dennis Schröder + 3rd pick

??

Nope, I’m not sold on Très Young’n. I stand pat and snag In-the-Bagley or My-Name-Is-Luka with the 3rd, then try to bundle Dennis and all of our remaining picks to get back into the top 10 and take whoever’s left of Bamba, Porter, JJJ, Young, Sexton, or Bridges.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Nope, I’m not sold on Très Young’n. I stand pat and snag In-the-Bagley or My-Name-Is-Luka with the 3rd, then try to bundle Dennis and all of our remaining picks to get back into the top 10 and take whoever’s left of Bamba, Porter, JJJ, Young, Sexton, or Bridges.

The Knicks are being run better these days but they eventually want a PG to put beside Ntilikina. Like most teams in the lottery they have several obvious holes. They can go PG, SF, or Center in this draft. The trade rumor with the Clippers makes sense provided the Clips can get the player they really want at 9.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why do white people hate white players so much? There is this bizarre white self-loathing. that comes out as rage against certain white players. On the Dan Lebatard show there was a segment about Greyson Allen, and they were saying they hated him from the moment they saw him. Never in a million years would they say that about a black athlete.

Combine Duke and douche and you get a player I hate.  I dislike a lot of Duke players - not just the white ones.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Combine Duke and douche and you get a player I hate.  I dislike a lot of Duke players - not just the white ones.

Allen could be a really good role player or he could be a bust. At 34 that does not worry me so much. At 30, I will just have to trust Schlenk knows he is getting another Dorsey prospect.

Outside shooters, we cannot have enough of them.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Allen could be a really good role player or he could be a bust. At 34 that does not worry me so much. At 30, I will just have to trust Schlenk knows he is getting another Dorsey prospect.

Outside shooters, we cannot have enough of them.

He could be a value at 30 or 34.  It will be one of those where he'll have to win me over as a fan but I'll try to keep an open mind.  For goodness sake, I swallowed my bile and rooted for Laettner for his time in Atlanta.  Didn't like it or him but if you are a Hawk then you get some serious hedge room as long as you wear the uniform.

• Like 1

Johntay Porter  @ 19 is really starting to look like a killer 5 in today’s NBA. He just does a lot of things well from what I’ve been reading and doesn’t have any major weakness. At worst, the guy would at least be a super sub (7th man) and at best, a plus starter glue guy type of player that every good team has.

At 30, I just hope we get a guy whos still in the league 5 years later lol.

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we're comparing talent, who has the most upside?  Grayson or Dorsey?  I say Grayson.

I think Grayson does right now; but I am going to be very watchful of what Dorsey does this season. This is his year to prove he can finish at the NBA level. I don't like Dorsey as a starter but he could be a JR Smith type role player.

There are about 259 other players eligible for the draft I would rather have than Allen. Dude got caught multiple times doing intentional and potentially dangerous fouls way beyond normal, strategic fouls. All the tripping! 

Remember Dirty Dellavedova taking Korver out of our best year ever in the playoffs? That is Greyson Allen. Hell. No.

The Dookie effect is just icing on the cake. F that dude.