• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #19 and #30

bleachkit

2 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

i mentioned him the other day.  as a project guy at 34 ive got no bones about picking him. 

Same here. He played against a few good teams/players and had good to great games against them. His combine was disappointing. At one time he was projected as late first in some mocks; but he is not there in any of the newer versions.

vor 19 Stunden, Buzzard sagte:

I don't think Schröder will get us one of the top two point guards in this draft even with 19 thrown in. If the Knicks fall for that, they will be set back at least until the next draft when they can draft one.

Two years ago, Dennis had more perceived value in my opinion. The court drama, turn overs, and inefficiency of last season has set him back.

the key is that the hawks would have to take Noah's contract for 2 years. This deal is pretty fair mo

vor 17 Stunden, bleachkit sagte:

Schröder has no trade value. Rick Kamla, who works at 92.9 the game and NBA TV says he has talked some NBA executives and Dennis has basically no value. His defense is terrible, his shooting is not very good, and his court vision is average at best. His only role on a good team would be energy and scoring off the bench. 

he has little value, but his shooting isn't terrible, his off the dribble threes are. He shot 39% on catchnshoot 3s 2014-2017 and his defense will be average if he is motivated and has secondary ballhandlers to save energy for some defense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

the key is that the hawks would have to take Noah's contract for 2 years. This deal is pretty fair mo

New York is not in desperation mode to win now. The unicorn may not be back until December and their owner says they may hold him out all season. I think the Knicks have finally seen the light with their new GM; and taking on questionable players and giving up their draft picks and youth is no longer an option for them.

I can always be wrong but moving Noah in his last year would get them better value; or just waiting and using his cap space two years from now. In the meantime, they rebuild through the draft. Perry came from the Kings and their mind set for better or worse has always been to make draft picks. The Kings have made a 1st round pick every year since 1999. That is where Perry came from.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/draft.html

• Premium Member
On 5/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, bleachkit said:

Why do white people hate white players so much? There is this bizarre white self-loathing. that comes out as rage against certain white players. On the Dan Lebatard show there was a segment about Greyson Allen, and they were saying they hated him from the moment they saw him. Never in a million years would they say that about a black athlete.

Because if they said that, somehow they would become racists, you know.

Where is the "self hatred" about Korver?  This premise rings false as outside the entitled douchery that is Duke, there is less of that massively less of that vibe.  Just look at the Knicks saying nothing of a number of other Euro peeps that all seem to play for the Kings.

This draft has so many SGs with potential it's crazy. 10 in a row could be taken and there wouldn't be a reach. I like a lot of the prospects in this draft. I was against it before, but we definitely should eat some money for some picks. The Knicks were mentioned, but the Nuggets are another team that needs relief. If we could grab say Kevin Knox and Lonnie Walker, or Zhaire Smith and MPJ if he falls we could swing for the fences with the other two picks. Anfernee Simons or Mitchell Robinson make a lot more sense then at #30. Then we can go with the best European available (Bonga) or take another guy whose stock would've fallen.

6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

This draft has so many SGs with potential it's crazy. 10 in a row could be taken and there wouldn't be a reach. I like a lot of the prospects in this draft. I was against it before, but we definitely should eat some money for some picks. The Knicks were mentioned, but the Nuggets are another team that needs relief. If we could grab say Kevin Knox and Lonnie Walker, or Zhaire Smith and MPJ if he falls we could swing for the fences with the other two picks. Anfernee Simons or Mitchell Robinson make a lot more sense then at #30. Then we can go with the best European available (Bonga) or take another guy whose stock would've fallen.

I agree !00%. There is going to be a big run on SG's and some SF's way before we pick at 19.

Just now, Buzzard said:

I agree !00%. There is going to be a big run on SG's and some SF's way before we pick at 19.

Man I hate I cannot edit and fix my typos.

4 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

he has little value, but his shooting isn't terrible, his off the dribble threes are. He shot 39% on catchnshoot 3s 2014-2017 and his defense will be average if he is motivated and has secondary ballhandlers to save energy for some defense.

Best bet is restore his value with a good season.

• Like 1

There are a good amount of guys that can fall to 19 and 30 and fill need, Lonnie Walker, Zhaire Smith, Anfernee Simmons, Khyri Thomas, Dont Divicenzo, Mitchell Robinson, Johntah Porter, Okogie, Troy Brown... I would be more than happy with any of these guys... all have potential to be role players and even starters.

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

There are a good amount of guys that can fall to 19 and 30 and fill need, Lonnie Walker, Zhaire Smith, Anfernee Simmons, Khyri Thomas, Dont Divicenzo, Mitchell Robinson, Johntah Porter, Okogie, Troy Brown... I would be more than happy with any of these guys... all have potential to be role players and even starters.

Porter withdrew; he is going back to school. Robinson, Brown, DiVincenzo, Simmons, Okogie, we may have a shot at most of them. Thomas, Walker, Smith, Trent Jr. our chances are slim to none at 19.

hace 39 minutos, Buzzard dijo:

Porter withdrew; he is going back to school. Robinson, Brown, DiVincenzo, Simmons, Okogie, we may have a shot at most of them. Thomas, Walker, Smith, Trent Jr. our chances are slim to none at 19.

Ummm the 14 first picks are clear, then it is only 4 players selected for pick 19, Thomas, Walker & Smith... I really doubt all are gone by pick 19, I think we have chances at them. Gary Trent, don’t think he is better than this 3

17 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Ummm the 14 first picks are clear, then it is only 4 players selected for pick 19, Thomas, Walker & Smith... I really doubt all are gone by pick 19, I think we have chances at them. Gary Trent, don’t think he is better than this 3

Thomas, Walker, Smith, Trent Jr. our chances are slim to none at 19.

Porter withdrew; he is going back to school. Robinson, Brown, DiVincenzo, Simmons, Okogie, we may have a shot at most of them. Depending on where you look I have seen Thomas going as high as 12th and Williams as high as 15th.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:35 PM, AHF said:

Hmmm....I suppose I would be open to that too but only if it is a top 5 pick.  Otherwise, I'm good at 19.

The pick matters less than the player to me. If someone like Young or Bamba slips a little bit I'd like to move up and grab him.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:10 PM, Buzzard said:

I wish I could bold easier from my phone, but Porter going back broke my heart. He would have been a STEAL in the mid 1st range. He just does so many things well.

On 5/31/2018 at 4:01 PM, gurpilo said:

I don't know if I would pick Mitchell Robinson with the 19th pick.  The talent is there but I think the guy has a low IQ in general and is  immature.   Looking at this short interview he did last year kind of confirmed my thoughts on him.   However, I would be willing to take a chance on him at 30, but he will probably be gone by then.