• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick #19 and #30

bleachkit

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

You really don't understand AHF and his Kentucky fandom. If you can find me one Kentucky alum who likes Duke players, you have found yourself a needle in a haystack. Now once they become Hawks things ease up; but otherwise don't expect a Wildcat to ever pull for a Duke player.

I can never pull for a 49er. That would go against everything I understand about being a old Falcons fan. I remember the 49ers being in the same division as us; and it was no fun getting beat by them every year.

Put it to you like this:

If the 49ers are playing Tampa Bay, New Orleans, or Carolina for the NFC Championship, I am not pulling for the 49ers.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. I’ve hated the Whiners since 86 with Montana Clark and Jerry and Taylor.. I was squatting next to Roger Craig’s daughter about 15 years back. I’m not even a Falcons fan. Lol.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 7:54 PM, Buzzard said:

I am interested in moving Schröder to move up. Rome was not built in a day and as much as I am tempted to draft by position in my predictions, until we get stars and all-stars, best player available is the way to go.

I agree. Schröder is not a leader, not a playmaker, and a me first pg. I am really hoping we can get Doncic. I prefer to resign Dedmon longterm than to draft Ayton.

I'm not sold on Bagley (*disclaimer: I'm no draft expert but a student of the NBA game).His game does not translate well to me. He is not an alpha. His shot looks rough, flat, and hard (Josh Smith comes to mind and I was a staunch Smoove fan *formerly SmooveHawks fan). Even that his ft attempts that is nothing but net, still come off to me as a hard shot or make. 

Am 24.5.2018 at 01:54 , Buzzard sagte:

I am interested in moving Schröder to move up. Rome was not built in a day and as much as I am tempted to draft by position in my predictions, until we get stars and all-stars, best player available is the way to go.

Schröder for Noah + pick swap (9<=>19) 

25 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Schröder for Noah + pick swap (9<=>19) 

The Knicks might make a move like that if Young, Sexton, Porter Jr. and Mikal Bridges are gone. I think we may find a trade partner by dropping down to be honest. The latest rumors have Doncic dropping to 4th with Ayton, Bagley, and JJJ going 1,2,and 3.

Any team that thinks highly of Doncic , JJJ, Porter, or Bamba could want to move up to our spot on draft night. It could be a wild night for us. If Ayton and Bagley are gone, I would consider swapping picks with Dallas, Orlando, or Chicago and take their unprotected first next year.

Rumors are just that though. I think 90% of them are just smoke screens leaked out by teams on purpose. For all we know, Doncic dropping to us is exactly what Schlenk wants.

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Knicks might make a move like that if Young, Sexton, Porter Jr. and Mikal Bridges are gone. I think we may find a trade partner by dropping down to be honest. The latest rumors have Doncic dropping to 4th with Ayton, Bagley, and JJJ going 1,2,and 3.

Any team that thinks highly of Doncic , JJJ, Porter, or Bamba could want to move up to our spot on draft night. It could be a wild night for us. If Ayton and Bagley are gone, I would consider swapping picks with Dallas, Orlando, or Chicago and take their unprotected first next year.

Rumors are just that though. I think 90% of them are just smoke screens leaked out by teams on purpose. For all we know, Doncic dropping to us is exactly what Schlenk wants.

But if all of those players are gone, who would we take at #9 with both pg's off the board? Now if we take Doncic at #3, we could grab someone like Carter or MIkal at #9.. Id be completely fine with that..But my dream scenario is, a big(Bagley/Ayton/JJJ) at #3, and Young/Sexton in a trade up.....

Just now, terrell said:

But if all of those players are gone, who would we take at #9 with both pg's and Mikal off the board? Now if we take Doncic at #3, we could grab someone like Carter or  #9.. Id be fine with that..But my dream scenario is, a big(Bagley/Ayton/JJJ) at #3, and Young/Sexton in a trade up.....

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

But if all of those players are gone, who would we take at #9 with both pg's off the board? Now if we take Doncic at #3, we could grab someone like Carter or MIkal at #9.. Id be completely fine with that..But my dream scenario is, a big(Bagley/Ayton/JJJ) at #3, and Young/Sexton in a trade up.....

I was not talking about swapping picks with the Knicks. I mentioned Orlando, Chicago, and Dallas for that. If we swap for 5, 6, or 7 we could have our choice of PGs, Carter, and Mikal plus Dallas, Orlando's, or Chicago's unprotected first next year.

I would never swap 3 for 9 and take the Knicks unprotected first.

I was not talking about swapping picks with the Knicks. I mentioned Orlando, Chicago, and Dallas for that. If we swap for 5, 6, or 7 we could have our choice of PGs, Carter, and Mikal plus Dallas, Orlando's, or Chicago's unprotected first next year.

I would never swap 3 for 9 and take the Knicks unprotected first.

Hell no. In no form or fashion would I trade #3 for #9. I was talking about possibly moving up to from #19 to #9.. I think we misunderstood each other. lol. I feel you though.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Hell no. In no form or fashion would I trade #3 for #9. I was talking about possibly moving up to from #19 to #9.. I think we misunderstood each other. lol. I feel you though.

I don't think Schröder will get us one of the top two point guards in this draft even with 19 thrown in. If the Knicks fall for that, they will be set back at least until the next draft when they can draft one.

Two years ago, Dennis had more perceived value in my opinion. The court drama, turn overs, and inefficiency of last season has set him back.

I don't think Schröder will get us one of the top two point guards in this draft even with 19 thrown in. If the Knicks fall for that, they will be set back at least until the next draft when they can draft one.

Two years ago, Dennis had more perceived value in my opinion. The court drama, turn overs, and inefficiency of last season has set him back.

I guess we'd have to settle for Shai G.A. at the end of the lottery then. Im sure we can find our way from #19 to #12 or so somehow...Hell, Sexton could possibly be there at 12..:biggrin:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, terrell said:

I guess we'd have to settle for Shai G.A. at the end of the lottery then. Im sure we can find our way from #19 to #12 or so somehow...Hell, Sexton could possibly be there at 12..:biggrin:

How does a 6’6” point guard that can defend and shoot the ball fall that far back in the draft ? I haven’t seen him play. What am I missing Kentucky fans ?

• Like 1

Schröder has no trade value. Rick Kamla, who works at 92.9 the game and NBA TV says he has talked some NBA executives and Dennis has basically no value. His defense is terrible, his shooting is not very good, and his court vision is average at best. His only role on a good team would be energy and scoring off the bench. 

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Schröder has no trade value. Rick Kamla, who works at 92.9 the game and NBA TV says he has talked some NBA executives and Dennis has basically no value. His defense is terrible, his shooting is not very good, and his court vision is average at best. His only role on a good team would be energy and scoring off the bench. 

This is true

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

This is why I think Dennis sticks around at least for now. Rehab his value and take another look at the trade deadline.

At the end of last season, Bazemore was so bad we would have had to include a pick to move him, by the trade deadline he had gained some value back.

He's a flawed player and those were highlighted even more with a bummy team around him.

I think he can regain some defensive chops if he isn't tasked with the scoring burden.

His 3 point shot...eeeew, Needs a complete overhaul.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is why I think Dennis sticks around at least for now. Rehab his value and take another look at the trade deadline.

At the end of last season, Bazemore was so bad we would have had to include a pick to move him, by the trade deadline he had gained some value back.

He's a flawed player and those were highlighted even more with a bummy team around him.

I think he can regain some defensive chops if he isn't tasked with the scoring burden.

I agree. He has to get things turned around for him to stick with us or be traded later. Unless Schlenk is looking at him as a salary dump and them moves him for a lot less than what he may have brought during the 2016/17 season.

If Dennis turns out to be a 15 million a year role player, we can thank President Bud for this one as well.

2 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

How does a 6’6” point guard that can defend and shoot the ball fall that far back in the draft ? I haven’t seen him play. What am I missing Kentucky fans ?

He starting to grow on me if he’s there at 14 I may see if the nuggets are serious about moving faried. Prolly would kick the tires on The clippers to see if they want schro.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya I said keep him before as well. We hold all the cards and just take Bagley and let Dennis showcase.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:51 PM, Buzzard said:

I can see a lot of teams reaching for point guards and wings soon this season. I will be shocked now if Troy Brown or Anfernee Simmons are still there when we pick 19.; and just as shocked if Gary Trent Jr. and Donte Divicenzo are there when we pick 30.

Look out for Hueter also. He seems to have helped himself as much as Divicenzo at the combine. I still love Jontay Porter's game and whomever gets him will be getting a solid player for years to come.

That is my new list of six if we stand pat at 19 and 30.

Jontay Portor just pulled out of the draft.  Back to Mizzou

Just now, Jeffery123 said:

Jontay Portor just pulled out of the draft.  Back to Mizzou

I saw that also and it was not Porter I like so much for 30 or 34. It is McCoy, I got them mixed up. Porter may go in the lottery next year if he picks his game up.

I really hope we take a look at Jarred Vanderbilt from Kentucky, I know his injury history is a concern but his rebounding and ability to control the ball makes me feel like he could be a big steal for us at 30 or in the second round 

Just now, Buzzard said:

I saw that also and it was not Porter I like so much for 30 or 34. It is McCoy, I got them mixed up. Porter may go in the lottery next year if he picks his game up.

i mentioned him the other day.  as a project guy at 34 ive got no bones about picking him.