• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks Mock Draft 1.0

GrimeyKidd

As the days count down the Atlanta Hawks have some decisions to make. With 4 picks in the 2018 NBA Draft, who will they select?

920x920
Photo: Curtis Compton, AP www.theintelligencer.com

The 2018 NBA Draft is just 16 days away. With an entirely new staff, the Atlanta Hawks are definitely heading in a new direction. The Hawks have four picks in this draft with three of them in the 1st round.

General manager Travis Schlenk has stated that with each pick the Hawks will be selecting the best player available regardless of position. With that in mind, I believe the Hawks are taking the right steps towards becoming a playoff team once again. The following are my picks in the 2018 NBA Draft (simulated using www.fanspeak.com).

Link to article- https://atlsportshq.com/2018/06/05/atlanta-hawks-mock-draft-1-0/

Would love to hear what you guys think. I thoroughly read hawksquawk last night before writing this up.

For this mock 

Suns pick Deandre Ayton 

Kings pick Marvin Bagley

I liked all the picks except for Trent Jr. at #19. I don't really like him as a prospect, there are other SGs I'd rather have in his place. Really like Frazier though, he's got serious 2-way potential if his shooting translates and he develops his offensive game.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I would not take Bamba over Bagley or Doncic but definately better than JJJ.

At 19 I would go first wuth Zhaire, Troy Brown, Lonnie Walker...

For this mock 

Suns pick Deandre Ayton 

Kings pick Marvin Bagley

I felt like we needed a starter. Unless a trade is made i don't see Doncic starting right now. 
Edited by GrimeyKidd

If Bagley is gone. I have no problem with Bamba/Doncic or even Young. Bamba and Young are low floor/high ceiling and Doncic is high floor/decent ceiling considering his really high floor. I don't have a problem picking one of the three. Ideally, I would rather Bagley but he's gone from your mock. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

For this mock 

Suns pick Deandre Ayton 

Kings pick Marvin Bagley

I felt like we needed a starter. Unless a trade is made i don't see Doncic starting right now. 

If those 2 are gone already which are my top 2 players and Doncic says he refuses to sign with us then Bamba or Porter would be my next choice at 3 if we can't make a trade down to 5 or 6 and still take either of them.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If Ayton and Bagley are gone. Take Doncic.

If he doesn't want to come over, trade with Memphis at #4+ or Dallas for #5+ and take Bamba. 

Hope that whatever 'plus' you get from 4 or 5 is enough to combine with #19 and move up.

This thing has so many moving parts.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Hey guys I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the feedback. You guys are a lot more informative compared to other sites. 

We may argue and disagree but all in all, we are Hawks fans hoping the best for the team. (Or at least I hope so)

It's not easy being a Hawks fan, takes someone special to be all in with this.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We may argue and disagree but all in all, we are Hawks fans hoping the best for the team. (Or at least I hope so)

@kg01 is special!...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, let me introduce you to reddit where everyone lives in a cesspool of hatred lol. I even had someone say that "This is how you throw away 4 picks and only pick your favorite players saved you a click." Which is hilarious only because I can't have favorites. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Well, let me introduce you to reddit where everyone lives in a cesspool of hatred lol. I even had someone say that "This is how you throw away 4 picks and only pick your favorite players saved you a click." Which is hilarious only because I can't have favorites. 

Sorry man. They may be NBA fans that live in Atlanta vs actual Hawks fan, there's a big difference.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to get the PG of the future. 

Im on the not trading Dennis side of things. Not saying he is the future. But i don't believe in trading someone unless we have someone already here reading to take his place 

6 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Im on the not trading Dennis side of things. Not saying he is the future. But i don't believe in trading someone unless we have someone already here reading to take his place 

I would normally agree with you if we were in this with Bud with a quick 2018 draft rebuild...this is going to be longer and we are going to be looking for another top 5 pick in the 19 draft. That’s why I don’t mind now really having an immediate replacement in place. We arent in a rush.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, GrimeyKidd said:

Link to article- https://atlsportshq.com/2018/06/05/atlanta-hawks-mock-draft-1-0/

Would love to hear what you guys think. I thoroughly read hawksquawk last night before writing this up.

For this mock 

Suns pick Deandre Ayton 

Kings pick Marvin Bagley

Doncic at 3. CBS even has us taking him there now. It has been a few weeks since I have seen a mock with us taking Doncic.

Holiday at 19. He is a shoot first PG and can flat out score. Besides that, he would be a good offensive fit along side the bigger and better passing Doncic.

Okogie at 30. Athletic beast who could also play along Doncic with Doncic being the primary ball handler.

McCoy at 34. His athletic ability is being questioned and he has dropped out of the 1st round in most mocks. I still like him but not as much as I did when I watched him play this year. He is a project who may or may not pay huge dividends. Nothing wrong with a flyer this far into the draft.

On 6/6/2018 at 0:34 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I know. I bought my season tix 1.5 months ago.

On 6/5/2018 at 9:22 PM, falconfan13 said:

If those 2 are gone already which are my top 2 players and Doncic says he refuses to sign with us then Bamba or Porter would be my next choice at 3 if we can't make a trade down to 5 or 6 and still take either of them.

I still think im blind and can't find the edit button so i'll just quote what i had typed and add on that if by any chance Doncic says he will play with any team including us then.  No other name besides Bagley, Ayton, or Doncic should be linked to us in this draft.   Thats the true legit tier 1 guys and at 3 we are guaranteed one of them if we don't do anything dumb.   My tier 2 guys would be Porter and Bamba at 4 and 5 and i would have Porter tier 1 as well if he was 100% fully healthy no back problem concerns.    Tier 3 would be Young, JJJ, Carter etc...

I wouldn't trade down past 6 in this draft and honestly wouldn't trade down at all if we can get one of those tier 1 guys guaranteed.