• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Draft Poll

supermariowest

Hawksquawk Draft Poll  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the 2018 NBA draft a week away, opinions here on HS regarding who the Hawks should select are all over the place. Several of the top names have received high praise from some posters and relentless criticism from others. Opinions are so polarized, in fact, there were a few $100 bets being tossed around in the Homecourt Draft Discussion thread. The premise of this thread/poll is as follows: There are six players (outside of Ayton, who seems poised to be the first overall selection) who are possible picks at 3. Each of those players (alphabetically: Bagley, Bamba, Doncic, JJJ, Porter, Young) has his own poll question. Rate how happy you would be with the selection (where 1 means you hate the pick and 5 means you love the pick). For simplicity, assume we won't be trading down (so we're picking third). Obviously, it's OK to give the same rating to multiple players. (@NBASupes will likely give 5s to both Bagley and Bamba, for example, and @KB21 may give a 5 to JJJ and a 1 to everybody else.)

BTW, there's no preview option on polls -- sorry if the formatting is crazy (or, worse yet, if the poll doesn't even show up). Also apologies to @Brotha2ThaNite, whose idea I (more-or-less) hijacked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Its a third pick wasted if we choose him at 3.  You trade back for him and get more assets but you don't waste 3 on him

You go get the player who you think is going to be the best regardless of where the “experts” think they’re going to be drafted.

• Like 4

• Admin
2 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

You go get the player who you think is going to be the best regardless of where the “experts” think they’re going to be drafted.

That makes no sense if you can get him at 6 or 7 and get another quality asset by trading back for him 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If it's just 3rd, Bagley then Bamba

If its 3rd and 4th, Bamba and (Bagley, Doncic, Young)

You mean Bagley then Doncic ?

12 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

That makes no sense if you can get him at 6 or 7 and get another quality asset by trading back for him 

You mean Bagley then Doncic ?

What I’m saying is..How do you know where the player you want will fall ? For instance, you may slot Trae as the 8th pick or so and trade back, but another team values him at the 4th or 5th spot. Now you miss out on the player you pegged as your guy trying to “trade back and get assets” 

For all we know, some teams may have Mikal Bridges being their top guy in the Top 5. It’s hard to know how teams have built their big boards.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I just wanna know who are the other 2 people that would love JJJ? Just curious I guess.

Good poll though better than last night’s at the hiphugger HAYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOO (here all week..tip @kg01... 

:Bob:

You can see who voted what. I'm one of them though.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As of right now, if you tally up the 4s and 5s, this how the players would rank

1) Bagley:  71.43%

1) Doncic:  71.43%

3) Bamba:  67.86%

4) Young:  60.71%

5) Porter Jr:  28.58%

6) Jackson Jr:  21.42%

That makes the pick obvious to me.  It should be Jackson since he's the one that "fans" don't want on here.  That usually means the player is the correct pick.

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As of right now, if you tally up the 4s and 5s, this how the players would rank

1) Bagley:  71.43%

1) Doncic:  71.43%

3) Bamba:  67.86%

4) Young:  60.71%

5) Porter Jr:  28.58%

6) Jackson Jr:  21.42%

Swap Young and Porter and you pretty much got my exact list in order lol.  Sorta surprised Young is that high and close to Bamba really i didn't see that coming. 

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That makes the pick obvious to me.  It should be Jackson since he's the one that "fans" don't want on here.  That usually means the player is the correct pick.

Not always most of us didn't want Marvin Williams or Sheldon and we took them as well and you seen how that turned out XD    Also alot of us i remember being pretty high on Taurean Prince and John Collins for where we were picking and i think those dudes are doing alright so far.    For the most part in hawks history i can remember them always going against the fans favorite players majority wise anyways and it not always turning out to hot.  Lately we been doing ok though the last few years surprisingly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

Spud, has your avatar been changing due to the workout days?

Lol...not really just happened to fall on Trae and Bamba the last few days..before that I had Bagley. Honestly I like just about every prospect besides JJJ at that slot.

• Like 1