• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk is a motherf*@*ing monster!

NBASupes

• Admin
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yes.

1. Bad contracts like Asik, Payne, etc... he didn't specify

2. Correct

3. Orlando is looking to trade with Toronto for #6. Potential blockbuster.

4. Knicks are the most active team with deals.

5. Bamba is our BPA. Over Bagley and Doncic. Pierce's favorite. 

6. JJJ could potentially slide. Trae Young will slide out of the top 10. 

7. Cleveland wants to stay at 8th

8. Kings want the 5th pick but Dallas is not interested in a Brooklyn Nets like deal.

I hope that helps.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

That would be a great pickup ... Now if could just find a way to get Zhaire Smith too ... I have a feeling he will be this years Donavan Mitchell

Nope.  Dude is 6'3" and played center until last year.  He played forward at TxTech.  He doesn't have the skill level to be what Mitchell was.  That guy's destined to be a perennial dunk contest participant at best.

• Like 3

What's with the Bamba love? 

Guess I should go look through the draft thread, but what on earth has y'all wanting Bamba over JJJ?

Cause he's taller and has a longer wingspan?

Gimme Luka. If no, Luka I'd rather have Trae but will be fine with JJJ.

Gimme two of those guys? Now that's a draft to get excited about.

(And like many have said, I'm good with just Luka).

• Admin
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Nope.  Dude is 6'3" and played center until last year.  He played forward at TxTech.  He doesn't have the skill level to be what Mitchell was.  That guy's destined to be a perennial dunk contest participant at best.

We'll just have to see how he does .... He measured shoes at 6'4  ... he plays good d, can hit the three and the best athlete in the draft.  I also wouldn't mind that Georgia Tech kid and can be had in the 20s

4 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

still kind of hard to follow but essentially for any deal to trade down to 5 or 6 we needed them to take on plumlees contract and a future 1st?

We are only willing to drop to 5th or 6th.

Due to that, that means on Dallas and Orlando are options. 

Atlanta wants their 2019 unprotected 1st round pick. 

They also want the teams to take on the remainder of Miles Plumlee contract 

3 minutes ago, ATLBob said:

Guess I should go look through the draft thread, but what on earth has y'all wanting Bamba over JJJ?

His workout and interviews sold Atlanta. He was on the outside looking in coming into the process. Both Jackson and Bagley were ahead. I mention this one in the NBA Draft thread as well. But I was told then that Doncic was BPA, not Bamba. Seems strange... that Pierce was the Bamba guy.

5 minutes ago, ATLBob said:

JJJ has a lower ceiling, much lower.  Not sure I'd pick Bamba over Doncic though.  I wouldn't even pick JJJ in the top 10 and I'd only do that if I already had a top 5 pick.

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

We'll just have to see how he does .... He measured shoes at 6'4  ... he plays good d, can hit the three and the best athlete in the draft.  I also wouldn't mind that Georgia Tech kid and can be had in the 20s

I'd take a more diverse guy.  Okogie or the kid from Creighton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

His workout and interviews sold Atlanta. He was on the outside looking in coming into the process. Both Jackson and Bagley were ahead. I mention this one in the NBA Draft thread as well. But I was told then that Doncic was BPA, not Bamba. Seems strange... that Pierce was the Bamba guy.

Why is that strange he’s a defensive coach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why is that strange he’s a defensive coach.

Not that but that Doncic wasn't their BPA when they were selling that he was their BPA and that's what their going to take, their BPA. All Travis ever talks about is taking the best available prospect.

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

There can't be an ounce of truth to that Chicago trade. Bulls fans would riot. 

I don't know enough about Chicago's plans. I would imagine they like players in the 10-15 and could move back up for trade. They have the 22th already. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know enough about Chicago's plans. I would imagine they like players in the 10-15 and could move back up for trade. They have the 22th already. 

Every Bulls trade idea I've seen has been about moving up, not down. 

I am sorry for being so obtuse, but I need to clarify.  Is it going to go down like this?:

We have a deal for Chicago's #7.  The deal involves the Hawks' #19 and #30 picks, Dennis Schröder and some bad contracts going back to the Hawks.

The Hawks use the newly acquired #7 and works a trade with Memphis for their #4.  

Memphis gets Parsons off their books, as well as the #7 pick.  The Hawks acquire the #4.

Hawks' Draft:

#3:  Mo Bamba (the Hawks' BPA)

#4:  Luca Doncic.  They either keep Luca or work a big deal with another team.  

Is that it?   

1 minute ago, ggp said:

I am sorry for being so obtuse, but I need to clarify.  Is it going to go down like this?:

We have a deal for Chicago's #7.  The deal involves the Hawks' #19 and #30 picks, Dennis Schröder and some bad contracts going back to the Hawks.

The Hawks use the newly acquired #7 and works a trade with Memphis for their #4.  

Memphis gets Parsons off their books, as well as the #7 pick.  The Hawks acquire the #4.

Hawks' Draft:

Is that it?   

Nah, I'm pretty sure we would just be taking Bamba at #7.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, ggp said:

Hawks' Draft:

Is that it?   

Pretty much (except for who goes at which pick)

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

JJJ has a lower ceiling, much lower.  Not sure I'd pick Bamba over Doncic though.  I wouldn't even pick JJJ in the top 10 and I'd only do that if I already had a top 5 pick.

Guess I don't at all concede that JJJ has a lower ceiling, but even if their ceilings were similar, JJJ has a much higher floor.

His skillset translates right now. He will be a better defensive player than Bamba if both only reach their median projection, he'll be better defensively right away, and he's much more versatile. 

Basically he's better, and his 3 ball is better.