• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

53 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Steve Nash is not 6'3'' as listed, he's actually 6'1'', said so on twitter himself. Plus I can tell by looking at him, I am pretty good at eyeballing heights.

Ya he’s not going to have a problem. All these length people can eat it when Trae starts ballin.

• Like 1

Also just realized Trae is from Lubbock Texas (closest nba team the Mavs) and the Mavs passed on him in the draft. I realize they had DSJ but Doncic is not the only one motivated in the Hawks/Mavs games moving forward. Just saying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

So Trae is supposedly a great three point shooter?  36% even though the NCAA 3 point line is 2-3 feet closer in than the NBA.  How much is his percentage going to drop when he starts shooting NBA 3 pointers?

Take it you didn’t watch him much lol. This kid was shooting consistently from about 30 feet during the season. He rarely took college 3s. Most of his were beyond nba range to begin with 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hazer said:

I was ugly crying right there with him, it was the beginning of my strong dislike of Pudenholzer. Chicken shit quitter. 

I admire his refusal to lose on purpose.  I wish him well in Milwaukee, where they actually want to win, while we continue our tank foolishness for the next 2 - 5 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Take it you didn’t watch him much lol. This kid was shooting consistently from about 30 feet during the season. He rarely took college 3s. Most of his were beyond nba range to begin with 

Since 30 footers don't count any more than 23 footers, why shoot from so far out?  

6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Since 30 footers don't count any more than 23 footers, why shoot from so far out?  

He does need to clean up his shot selection (he will with more experience) but he was asked to carry an awful Oklahoma team. He’s an elite shooter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya he’s not going to have a problem. All these length people can eat it when Trae starts ballin.

Well it is going to be a problem on defense. But it's unrealistic to expect all your starters to be great defenders. You can still have solid team defense as long as you have one lock down defender as a starter, and one lock down defender on your bench. Golden State has Draymond as their lock down starter and AI as their lock down reserve, and it has worked for them.

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Just trying to let you know he won’t have a problem with nba range. As far as his shot selection goes that was one of the many reasons I wasn’t a fan of his. He’s a hawk now tho so I’ll be rooting for every crazy shot to go in at this point 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

1st half of the college season he was over 40%. His % dropped as a) teams realized his team was pretty bad and started doubling/trapping him after half court and b) he wore down due to his ridiculous usage rate.  Find a full Oklahoma game on youtube from this last year and watch it.   Here! Can watch the full game here.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

1st half of the college season he was over 40%. His % dropped as a) teams realized his team was pretty bad and started doubling/trapping him after half court and b) he wore down due to his ridiculous usage rate.  Find a full Oklahoma game on youtube from this last year and watch it.   Here! Can watch the full game here.

Yup while I can admit he does need to clean up the shot selection he did display some very unique nba level skills before he started being doubled and trapped at the half court line consistently.

in the nba they aren’t going to double young right off the back until he proves himself so he will likely see one on one defense 

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If you really want the whole story...watch the game between the 3:30 and 4:30 marks to see how inept his teammates were at times.

Yeah, that's how I felt watching their last tourney game too. Literally zero offense outside of him pulling something out of double/triple teams in some cases. Stuff you will never see at the NBA level. As long as he can adjust to the speed of the nba and move the ball he should be successful. 

17 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

Yeah, that's how I felt watching their last tourney game too. Literally zero offense outside of him pulling something out of double/triple teams in some cases. Stuff you will never see at the NBA level. As long as he can adjust to the speed of the nba and move the ball he should be successful. 

Sometimes when I re-watch these games I'll watch to count stupid stats.  If watching this game, just count every blown shot that would have been an assist for Trae.  There are about 15 of them.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

It;s funny how size is suddenly the most important thing ever since this Doncic started getting hyped up. Most people are just parroting what others have said.

I've not remotely concerned with his height.  I've got other concerns but that isn't one of them.  Rooting for the kid to hit big.

Having serious concerns about a 6 footer in the NBA seems prudent when the best case scenario bandied about are generational prospects ala Paul, Curry (slightly taller), and Nash.

Worst, even the all mighty Warriors went down to the wire with Houston and had Paul not been injured, lord only knows.  And there all the switching brought serious questions about Steph.  While Durant gets mad grief for going to GS, I don't know many who believe the Warriors would have won the WCF without him.

I like all I’m hearing about his willingness to bulk up.  Unlike a lot of guards in the NBA who are allowed to slack on defense and no one notice because they’re average sized, non-lottery, or some kind of “relentless baller,” I like the bullseye on his back to show something.  Small guys are still the best at loose ball recoveries and digging on unsuspecting Bigs.  Then you endear yourself to your teammates by trying to boxing out and taking charges.

Having a father with a basketball background and some damn sense helps too, Lonzo!!!