• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Or perhaps Lebron told him he was staying in Cleveland?

Besides PG going home to LAL was never contingent on LBJ going there. He told the Pacers when he became a FA he had every intention of signing with LAL. LAL didn't want to give up assets for him.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Besides PG going home to LAL was never contingent on LBJ going there. He told the Pacers when he became a FA he had every intention of signing with LAL. LAL didn't want to give up assets for him.

So why didnt he go?

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Because OKC did a masterful job the moment he got there to make him feel wanted and convinced him to stay.

I just find it strange considering how bad he wanted to be in LA.  But hey, I guess he  just loves Oklahoma. lol

Just now, terrell said:

I just find it strange considering how bad he wanted to be in LA.  But hey, I guess he  just loves Oklahoma. lol

Btw, how can they afford Melo's ridiculous contract now?

• Admin
1 minute ago, terrell said:

They are trying to get rid of him ... terrible fit and he is on the decline ... they need a of who can defend and hit the open three

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

They have bird rights to PG, so they can exceed the cap to resign him. Melo has picked up his option to stay.

OKC is a double offender of the Luxury Tax so look for them to be trying to dump some salary.

Boy!   If the Lakers strike out in free agency, then they are the poster child for why it is foolish to try and build through the draft.  Four straight top 6 picks with three #2 picks, and they may strike out completely because the “assets” they got in the draft aren’t good enough to net a Kawhi Leonard or perhaps attract James.  

James is apparently meeting with Kolby Altman right now.