• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Travis not gonna sign a defensive player. We gonna run and gun, pace and space. Trading Baze, Bembry and Moose for Melo. They save 1.62 mil. We save free about 18 million next year. Win win

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc8aftds

Looking at that deal, I would do that.  It's a great way to get out from under Baze's contract and potentially set us up to be a major free agent player in the summer of 2019.   And bringing Melo in would initially be a way to sell some extra tickets, which Ressler definitely likes.

And for you fans who don't want to win yet, it'll guarantee another high lottery pick.   I mean . . . unless ya'll are afraid that Melo just might find his groove back in ATL, and help the young team win more than they're "supposed to".

I would like to see the Hawks take a run at this guy and he fits what Schlenk likes, and still has a ton of upside because Orlando is poster child for how drafting best player available without considering team fit backfires. Every one of their players is woefully under developed. 

Best part about it is out might fulfill the Squawk lust for 6-8 Euro wings deemed the next great thing, except I don't have to give up that number 3 pick for this one and he's actually a NBA caliber athlete that seems to have started to adjust to the speed of the game last year. 

• Like 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Travis not gonna sign a defensive player. We gonna run and gun, pace and space. Trading Baze, Bembry and Moose for Melo. They save 1.62 mil. We save free about 18 million next year. Win win

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc8aftds

You can’t have an success if your team can’t defend.  I am all for getting solid shooters but It’s a terrible strategy to completely ignore defense

• Moderators
I love it that Jordan and George are signing up so fast. It looks like no one is waiting on Bron these days! Here is a real threat to our Cavs pick though, if the Spurs do not trade Leonard right away, Bron's best option to win a championship will be going to Philly.

It’s because LeBron is aged... and this could be the last deal LeBron ever signs. 25 year old LeBron - players wait and see. 35 year old LeBron - nah.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I love it that Jordan and George are signing up so fast. It looks like no one is waiting on Bron these days! Here is a real threat to our Cavs pick though, if the Spurs do not trade Leonard right away, Bron's best option to win a championship will be going to Philly.

lol. Philly has no shooters...

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Judging by this tweet, I don't think the Sixers are currently an option for LeBron.

Well, The Sixers are Ervings, Barkley's, and Iversons' team so. lol

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

lol. Philly has no shooters...

Bron, Embiid, Simmons. If those three are together, attracting or trading for a Korver or Belinelli, type player would not be that hard. It never has been anywhere Bron has played.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Bron, Embiid, Simmons. If those three are together, attracting or trading for a Korver or Belinelli, type player would not be that hard. It never has been anywhere Bron has played.

Beli signed with SAS.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Beli signed with SAS.

That is why I said "type". There are about 10 free agent guards out there who shoot over 35% from three. And Philly could easily flip a 1st for a role playing shooter to a team like ours.

In other words, they have about 7 months to get a couple of shooters. Not just this free agent period.

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would trade Bazemore and Moose for Melo and buyout Melo if we can land LaVine

Melo would be PISSED if he got traded to the Hawks. I would love to see that.

24 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Bron needs the ball in his hands, and Simmons cant play off the ball. Not a good fit imo..But hey, what do I know..

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They never won championships with the Sixers though. Different levels.

Doc won one in 83 with Philly. 

• Like 2