• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Resigning Jokic and Barton wiill pit the Nuggs over the salary cap, will they pay it or will they be in a dumping mood?

Faried and a 1st to Atlanta.

I did not understand us not getting 14 from them this year. It is strange that they have been rumored to want to dump him for almost two years, yet cannot get anything done.

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I did not understand us not getting 14 from them this year. It is strange that they have been rumored to want to dump him for almost two years, yet cannot get anything done.

Probably asking for too much or not willing to give up enough to make it happen. I’d take MPJr/Faried to relieve their cap. However, if it hasn’t happened yet, they probably aren’t willing to part with anything to make the dump worthwhile for their trade partner.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think they were hoping that Chandler and Athur would opt out, particularly Chandler who has bee unhappy there.

They are/were looking for some type of asset in return for him. They probably wanted our #19 for #14 and Faried.

How about a 2020 1st (top 10 protected) for Chandler, Faried, Arthur (all expirings) $32 mil  in exchange for Baze. ($18 mil).  Saves Denver $14 mil and get a useful player at the wing that plays defense.

Hawks pretty much take on $14 mil for the pick since we're sending Baze out.

Arthur may take a medical retirement so he can be cut.

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Lakers are turning their attention to Boogie Cousins.  They will still need to get Deng's deal off their books.  

The Lakers decision making has really went downhill over the years. Cousins is a really talented player, but you just don't want to have to count on him... Especially not for big bucks.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The Lakers decision making has really went downhill over the years. Cousins is a really talented player, but you just don't want to have to count on him... Especially not for big bucks.

Especially coming off an achilles tear.

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

This would be a classic "LeBron the GM" move.  

In other news: 

I think it is likely that the Hawks will take LA's 2021 and 2023 1st to get Deng's bad contract, and they then move Bazemore to New Orleans for Solomon Hill, Alexis Ajinca, and a 1st.  

• Like 1