• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 6/22/2018 at 6:48 PM, JayBirdHawk said:
Now that the Draft is over and Free Agency looms July 1st.
What's the Hawks plans? Schlenck said on radio this morning, they'll just sit back and let the FA frenzy play out and sign one or two FAs to fill out the roster.

We had approximately $26 mill in capspace minus our 3 rookies, so maybe about $16 mil now. An extra $5 if Moose opts out. (My nimbers maybe slightly be off as I'm doing this from memory).

I still think we'll have a chance to gain some future asset(s) from teams looking to dump salary.
Bucks, Wiz, Wolves, Nuggets, Pistons, Blazers, Spurs - all teams that were looking to dump contracts before the draft. They'll still be looking to make moves in FA

Baze, Dennis, Plumlee - what's next and where to?
I wonder if the Dedmon opt in was to go to Bucks since we had a trade lined up with them for #17?

Is see us making a very quiet move that may just be a holding move.   I see us going after somebody like Ian Clark for instance.   Aside from trades, I see our only spots of need are the BU 1, 2 and the 4. 

38 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Is see us making a very quiet move that may just be a holding move.   I see us going after somebody like Ian Clark for instance.   Aside from trades, I see our only spots of need are the BU 1, 2 and the 4. 

At the 2 we have: Bazemore, Dorsey, Bembry, and Huerter.

I agree we need a good BU 4. Maybe even a tweener 3/4.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

26 minutes ago, warcore said:

At the 2 we have: Bazemore, Dorsey, Bembry, and Huerter.

I agree we need a good BU 4. Maybe even a tweener 3/4.

We need a Backup SF behind Prince.

• Like 1

• Moderators

League-wide, all we're waiting for tonight are the Option announcements for DeAndre (player option) and Dirk (team option), plus there's the QO decisions by the Bucks (Jabari Parker) and the Blazers (Shabazz Napier and Pat Connaughton).

EDIT: And, just like that, the Blazers are the final QO holdout team.

~lw3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

League-wide, all we're waiting for tonight are the Option announcements for DeAndre (player option) and Dirk (team option), plus there's the QO decisions by the Bucks (Jabari Parker) and the Blazers (Shabazz Napier and Pat Connaughton).

EDIT: And, just like that, the Blazers are the final QO holdout team.

~lw3

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 0:09 PM, Spud2nique said:

Ya I’m actually hoping it’s the Lakers first, to keep him out West, then Sixers and last resort the Celtics. I don’t want a player who I’ve always liked playing for the dirtiest franchise in all of sports not including the New England patriots.

Tell it....tell it.