• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

End game right here. 

David Griffin was on NBARadio in his normal appearance.  Basically said SAS do not operate in the media.  Their real intentions are done between them and people they trust, i.e. the myriad of former Spur front office people in the league.  The noise you hear is what SAS releases in order to drive up people's price.

He hinted that PHI with Brown would be his best guess.  Went on a 2 minute diatribe on reasons why then said "... oh but that's just my guess, I haven't talked to anybody, blah. blah"

The last time he did that, he called Kyrie to BOS.  The next day it happened.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

David Griffin was on NBARadio in his normal appearance.  Basically said SAS do not operate in the media.  Their real intentions are done between them and people they trust, i.e. the myriad of former Spur front office people in the league.  The noise you hear is what SAS releases in order to drive up people's price.

He hinted that PHI with Brown would be his best guess.  Went on a 2 minute diatribe on reasons why then said "... oh but that's just my guess, I haven't talked to anybody, blah. blah"

Ya I’m actually hoping it’s the Lakers first, to keep him out West, then Sixers and last resort the Celtics. I don’t want a player who I’ve always liked playing for the dirtiest franchise in all of sports not including the New England patriots.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I’m actually hoping it’s the Lakers first, to keep him out West, then Sixers and last resort the Celtics. I don’t want a player who I’ve always liked playing for the dirtiest franchise in all of sports not including the New England patriots.

I hope he ends up in Philly.

LAL and Magic Johnson are too entitled, it would screw LBJ, anybody but Boston.

Philly can offer Fultz, Saric, 2019 1st and the 2020 UNPROTECTED 1st they got from Suns.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Philly can offer Fultz, Saric, 2019 1st and the 2020 UNPROTECTED 1st they got from Suns.

True...it seems the most innocent place even with all that talent. I agree Magic needs a reality check. We get it, ur a legend, but now don’t be the bully on the block. And if he goes to the Celtics, god help us.

Any way the Rockets can land him? Lol...Dang anywhere he goes, I’m kind of hating it. Can he go to OKC? No, they are strapped. Ugh. Why the heck is a stand up guy like Kawhi pulling this bs anyways? Like his personality doesn’t fit this bs drama, specially with a guy like Pop. I’m totally lost on this one. Love Kawhi and Pop, prolly forever.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

True...it seems the most innocent place even with all that talent. I agree Magic needs a reality check. We get it, ur a legend, but now don’t be the bully on the block. And if he goes to the Celtics, god help us.

Any way the Rockets can land him? Lol...Dang anywhere he goes, I’m kind of hating it. Can he go to OKC? No, they are strapped. Ugh. Why the heck is a stand up guy like Kawhi pulling this bs anyways? Like his personality doesn’t fit this bs drama, specially with a guy like Pop. I’m totally lost on this one. Love Kawhi and Pop, prolly forever.

He needs to find his own voice and not let others speak for him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not  Pop, but his teammates taking shots during his injury.  He carried those guys and didn't have his back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

Not  Pop, but his teammates taking shots during his injury.  He carried those guys and didn't have his back.

I see..shame

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He needs to find his own voice and not let others speak for him.

No doubt.

• Like 1

Smells like DEN's about to do somethin ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/06/28/the-clock-is-ticking-on-the-lakers-and-not-just-because-magic-johnson-says-so/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a9685c429583

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2018/6/28/17516016/rumor-denver-nuggets-interested-in-salary-dump-with-los-angeles-lakers-nba-trade-rumors

Oh and holy typos, batman ....

Bontemps doesn’t go into any detail as to which player the Nuggets would be trying to send to L.A. beyond listing the Nuggets tree large expiring deals: Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arhtur and Wilson Chandler. 

C'mon, Slink.  Get in on some-a this action, bawse.  Get us some FRP's!!

• Like 1

Wayne Ellington and Joe Harris are the only free agents in the top 50 I would even consider...and that’s if they come cheap. How sad is that? I guess we had our huge draft thing though so that was cool.. ? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-nba-free-agency-rankings-paul-george-lebron-james-kevin-durant-headline-top-50-free-agents/

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It would be Robert Covington in place of Markelle Fultz.  SA has Dejounte Murray, who they are high on.  They are going to want a defensive oriented wing to replace Kawhi, and that will be Covington, who will no longer have a starting spot in Philly.

However, if Philly does this deal, they better be prepared to not resign Kawhi, because he isn't going to resign with them.  He is dead set on going to LA, whether it is by trade now or by free agency in a year.

So, if you are Philly, do you really want to give all that up for what will be a rental player?  That's why Boston isn't going to pay up.  

42 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LeBron is a free agent.  If I'm Atlanta, I'd consider trying to move that Cleveland pick.  When LeBron leaves, that pick will not convey and will become two second round picks.  

And you don’t think the team we are trying to pawn that off to would also know this intel....lol genius!

• Admin
15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wayne Ellington and Joe Harris are the only free agents in the top 50 I would even consider...and that’s if they come cheap. How sad is that? I guess we had our huge draft thing though so that was cool.. ? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-nba-free-agency-rankings-paul-george-lebron-james-kevin-durant-headline-top-50-free-agents/

Jerami Grant would be an excellent pickup ... dude is all over the court and plays great D.  He is an energy guy who played SF/PF/C last year.

• Like 3

I don’t want Michael Beasley anywhere around these kids..

Beasley’s market value is an unknown after signing for the veteran’s minimum last summer on his way to becoming a Garden favorite. According to sources, Portland, Atlanta and Milwaukee could have interest.Kevin Durant lobbied last season for Golden State to make a play for Beasley, his buddy from Washington, D.C. The Warriors have discussed Beasley internally for the veteran’s minimum, but it doesn’t look like they will make a move.

– via New York Post
  • Like 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, kg01 said:

If they take on a bad contract ... would that eliminate them from Paul George?  There is no way they can then afford Kwai, Lebron and PG can they with Deng and Denver's bad contract?

Just now, capstone21 said:

Jerami Grant would be an excellent pickup ... dude is all over the court and plays great D.  He is an energy guy who played SF/PF/C last year.

Yes sir! I was gonna add Jerami to make it 3 guys total but for some reason didn’t. Definitely like him at the right price for us. Great pedigree obviously as well.