• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Boy!   If the Lakers strike out in free agency, then they are the poster child for why it is foolish to try and build through the draft.  Four straight top 6 picks with three #2 picks, and they may strike out completely because the “assets” they got in the draft aren’t good enough to net a Kawhi Leonard or perhaps attract James.  

James is apparently meeting with Kolby Altman right now.  

No, they had the chance to use these picks/assets to trade for George last year but didn't want to include them in a trade because they thought the draw of PG wanting to be home was enough. They are doing the same with Kawhi.

If they had traded for PG last year, it would be a no brainer that LBJ signs immediately.

LAL gambled and lost.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

PG13 - 4 years $137 million with OKC.  

They're about to pay a ton of taxes.  

Better stretch Melo.

Owners have learned their lesson from the durant and harden situation. Can't afford to be cheap when you got superstar talent on the team.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because OKC did a masterful job the moment he got there to make him feel wanted and convinced him to stay.

More like they didnt give him a chance to talk to anyone else. lol

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Whatever they did it worked. 

Magic didn't even get an interview, wow.

Maybe the Media will finally shut about everyone wanting to go to LA.  They may want to go to LA, but they sure as hell want to go there and lose.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, they had the chance to use these picks/assets to trade for George last year but didn't want to include them in a trade because they thought the draw of PG wanting to be home was enough. They are doing the same with Kawhi.

If they had traded for PG last year, it would be a no brainer that LBJ signs immediately.

LAL gambled and lost.

With those top picks, they are a 35 win team after four years.  Get ready, because what you are seeing in LA is more han likely the future of the Hawks.  Multiple high picks but limited wins after years of losing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Whatever they did it worked. 

Magic didn't even get an interview, wow.

He enjoyed playing with Russ evidently.. Unlike KD. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Maybe the Media will finally shut about everyone wanting to go to LA.  They may want to go to LA, but they sure as hell want to go there and lose.

The media? George and Kawhi said so themselves. lol

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

With those top picks, they are a 35 win team after four years.  Get ready, because what you are seeing in LA is more han likely the future of the Hawks.  Multiple high picks but limited wins after years of losing.  

You are missing the entire point, but whatever.

• Like 3

Just now, terrell said:

The media? George and Kawhi said so themselves. lol

I guess PG lied then cause he's in OKC the next three years. I guarentee Kawhi won't be there either.   Also, I don't think I heard Paul and Kawhi say that.   It's always their camp or sources.  Never heard an interview where Paul said he's taken his talents to LA.  

When question he's always said yeah I'd like to play there.  Not one interview he said I'm going to play there.

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

bud.jpg.66b27f69ce246f86ea9903c06c7b8b26.jpg

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are missing the entire point, but whatever.

No.  I didn’t miss the point.  I’m not convinced the Lakers even had a package that was attractive to the Pacers. That’s largely because those top draft picks that teams just have to tank for aren’t that good.  

You are missing my point, which is that intentionally bottoming your roster out to get high draft picks is never a good idea.