• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Acie Law 2.0 showing you what a complete BUST he is just like I called before the draft. Typical Atlanta sports.

Are you being serious? I can't really tell, because the hottakes are coming in fast and ferious.  He played adequate defense and his passing looked great.  His shot  was way off and his shot selection MUST improve. 

All I saw was a rookie playing like a rookie.  Still with his supposed average athleticism he got to the line 10 times which is great. 

Declaring someone a bust after one summer league game is VERY premature.   

• Like 3

Trae Young looked good aside from the bad shooting performance, I don’t expect that to last. He’s definitely a play maker, and he’s fast with the ball in his hand and switching directions. He was getting to the line at will. Pierce gotta let him know about his shot selection and when it’s not falling facilitate or attack the basket. 

2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Trae's handles are worse than I thought. I thought he was crafty enough to create his own shot in isolation but that doesn't seem like the case. 

That’s utter bullshit and you know it..he’s practically losing his defender with his handles. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Trae's handles are worse than I thought. I thought he was crafty enough to create his own shot in isolation but that doesn't seem like the case. 

His handles? Did you watch the game? 

38 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

WTF . . . Golden State gets Boogie?   This isn't fair.  WOW.  And he took a deep discount.

I think the Lakers and pelicans were playing the funny money game. Boogie got mad and said alright I’ll prove it but I’m going for a championship if I have to do it.

Yes I watched the game. The only way he was able to break down his defender was through pick and roll. Other than that players were able to stay in front of him more often than not. There was the nice behind the back dribble he did for the 3 pointer but that was about it. By no means am I labeling him a bust already, i'm just calling what I see. I thought his handles were going to be up there with Curry and Kyrie. He's still got a nice set of handles but he doesnt have the same type of shake they do when it comes to beating their man off the dribble or creating in isolation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Yes I watched the game. The only way he was able to break down his defender was through pick and roll. Other than that players were able to stay in front of him more often than not. There was the nice behind the back dribble he did for the 3 pointer but that was about it. By no means am I labeling him a bust already, i'm just calling what I see. I thought his handles were going to be up there with Curry and Kyrie. He's still got a nice set of handles but he doesnt have the same type of shake they do when it comes to beating their man off the dribble or creating in isolation

Yeah you def didn’t watch the game lmao  or maybe you were blinking too much...Trae had at least 3 layups he should’ve made from him freeing himself up and going straight to the basket. Even a few of those 3’s he freed himself up from the dribble. 

2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Dude looks like a back up point guard. Sorry. Hopefully it was just jitters.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I saw defenders get into his body and able to reroute him. The film don't lie.

That's more of a lack of man strength not his handles. 

He's just not yet able to absorb contact and play through it. That will take time.

Just now, Macknsweetjones said:

Yeah you def didn’t watch the game lmao  or maybe you were blinking too much...Trae had at least 3 layups he should’ve made from him freeing himself up and going straight to the basket. Even a few of those 3’s he freed himself up from the dribble. 

Uh, yes I did. and like I said I believe those layups were off of transition and pick and rolls, so I don't understand your point. All i'm saying is that he doesn't have the shake that Curry does when creating in isolation

• Like 1

Trae's opening game eerily reminded me of Lonzo Ball's last summer.   Lonzo was doing some of the same things offensively, like jacking up long 3s and taking shots under pressure, instead of letting the game come to him.  It took a few games, but then Lonzo had the MONSTER game in which he controlled everything.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Are you being serious? I can't really tell, because the hottakes are coming in fast and ferious.  He played adequate defense and his passing looked great.  His shot  was way off and his shot selection MUST improve. 

All I saw was a rookie playing like a rookie.  Still with his supposed average athleticism he got to the line 10 times which is great. 

Declaring someone a bust after one summer league game is VERY premature.   

This. Steph Curry's 1st SL game he shot 4-14. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Uh, yes I did. and like I said I believe those layups were off of transition and pick and rolls, so I don't understand your point. All i'm saying is that he doesn't have the shake that Curry does when creating in isolation

That's why I don't like the Curry comparisons. You are comparing what you know of Curry now to Trae in his 1st 'NBA' game. What was Curry like in his SL debut?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae's opening game eerily reminded me of Lonzo Ball's last summer.   Lonzo was doing some of the same things offensively, like jacking up long 3s and taking shots under pressure, instead of letting the game come to him.  It took a few games, but then Lonzo had the MONSTER game in which he controlled everything.

Yeah I think he'll look better offensively next game. His vision, passing ability, and defense were impressive though. He's very quick defensively especially laterally

I’m gonna be patient with Trae, he’s definitely gonna have rough games this year. That NBA adjustment ain’t easy for guards like him. But he made some smart decisions that will make for a good foundation to build on.