• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk Is BK Part 2

vdunkndunk

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Don't know about that.  The lack of great D, the low level of competition and the ball in your hand a lot gives stud guards a lot of opportunity to shine in that environment.  Big men are reliant on someone else to get them the ball and can end up getting fewer touches than they deserve.

One would think that, but all I know is when Summer League goes down, I expect low shot percentages and lots of turnovers from young guards because so much more is expected from them.

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Trae out-rebounded JJJ ?

Exactly. Put up 13 3 pointers and only 3 rebounds...Sounds alot like Horford before he left...PG is the hardest position to adjust to in the NBA btw.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Exactly. Put up 13 3 pointers and only 3 rebounds...Sounds alot like Horford before he left...PG is the hardest position to adjust to in the NBA btw.....

Defenders will start figuring out how to get offensive foul calls on that silly leg kick out he does on his shot too. That so t gonna fly for much longer :deke:

Just now, hazer said:

Defenders will start figuring out how to get offensive foul calls on that silly leg kick out he does on his shot too. That shit ain’t gonna fly for much longer :deke:

Fixed

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, terrell said:

Wow only 3 rebounds when he was playing against the Brick Squad last night? Smh pitiful 

• Like 1

• Moderators

lol  We don't have to crap on guys like JJJ to make ourselves feel better guys!  Comparing him to Horford is a compliment.  Horford is really good (not a do everything superstar but really good).  JJJ had a great game last night.  Tip of the cap.

Let's move on to Game 2 tonight.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

lol  We don't have to crap on guys like JJJ to make ourselves feel better guys!  Comparing him to Horford is a compliment.  Horford is really good (not a do everything superstar but really good).  JJJ had a great game last night.  Tip of the cap.

Not crapping on him, just pointing out the hypocrisy of crowning a 7-footer who only had 3 rebounds the GOAT while dumping on a 6-footer who played surprising D, showed great court vision/passing, blew by defenders, and got to the line 10 times as a colossal bust after 1 SL game. Overreact Central ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Its disgusting to compare this scrub to Al

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You say the same thing about comparing anyone  to Al.

On 10/3/2012 at 6:17 PM, NBASupes said:
On 10/2/2012 at 4:33 PM, AHF said:

You have to admit Michael Jordan was better than Al right?

I got through maybe the first two paragraphs of the opening post and haven’t read any other posts.  

You guys are going to turn me into a Travis supporter.  

There is nothing wrong with this draft.  Unathletic shooters?   That worked out well for Golden State, as their core was built around unathletic shooters, and before you try to revise history, the negatives across the board for Steph, Klay, and Draymond was based on their perceived lack of athleticism.  

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, vdunkndunk said:

Travis Schlenk is BK Part 2, in the worst possible sense. Basically, he thinks he’s smarter than the rest of the league and ends up drafting based on his personal obsession rather than intelligent analysis.

With BK, it was unskilled 6’8 forwards (including Sheldon Williams). With Schlenk, it’s apparently unathletic shooters who play no D and wouldn’t have been picked within 5-10 spots of where Schlenk took them by any other team.

We had Doncic. We could have had JJJ, too, or even Bamba. But no...we took the No. 3 pick and threw it in the garbage by drafting an unathetic 6’1 chucker who plays no D, airballs 3’s early in the shotclock, and likely would have been available at 12.

Oh, wait...almost forgot we also got that pick from the Mavs...except we know for a FACT it won’t be in the top 5. And even if it was, it’s likely a weaker draft—and I no longer trust Schlenk to identify talent—so extra picks to throw in the garage offer me no solace.

Get rid of Schlenk now before he picks again! (And no, this isn’t an over reaction to one summer league game...I felt even worse about this pick on draft night the moment they announced that trade.)

At least Trae can pass if he puts his mind to it, but he’d rather jack up terrible 3’s. Why turn the No. 3 pick into this guy? I’d be more surprised if he made two all-star teams in his career than I would be if you told me he’d be coming off the bench for the rest of his career after his rookie contract. We’ve been down this road before....

Bravo!  I applaud you for having the guts to openly say what many are thinking but are afraid to say.  I hope the kid works out but the eye test is telling me it will not.  Schlenk is playing the emulation game.  I can not think of one time where this worked in sports.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sillent said:

I know this is one game but does anyone remember THJ last summer league with us? It was horrible but he actually had one of the best seasons of his career thus far.

Tim Hardaway was never on our roster when he played in Summer League. He was a Knick then

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

I got through maybe the first two paragraphs of the opening post and haven’t read any other posts.  

You guys are going to turn me into a Travis supporter.  

There is nothing wrong with this draft.  Unathletic shooters?   That worked out well for Golden State, as their core was built around unathletic shooters, and before you try to revise history, the negatives across the board for Steph, Klay, and Draymond was based on their perceived lack of athleticism.  

i wasn't happy with trae, but think that he and hurt have decent athleticism. omari could be an elite athlete with weight loss and other training.  I agree with the comments that schlenck probably thinks he is smarter than he is.  there are too many draft nerds out there who don't have real judgement about what works and what doesn't.  I do think that many teams have dumb management teams, but I'd tend to doubt that schlenck is great until he proves himself.

This just in...Sources tell me that Schlenk liked Trae Young’s ability to hit the (very) occasional 4-point shot, which, sources tell me, is a skill that is highly coveted by Hawks’ front-office brass:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/hawks/coach-pierce-introduces-four-point-line

When asked for comment, both Antoine Walker and the Washington Generals fully endorsed Schenk’s plan:

http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/22316/behold-the-4-pointer

Y’all...I just don’t think Schlenk is a particularly smart person. Yes, he’s bald....but other than that, what else does he have to offer?

Servitude?

Gratitide?

Ratitude?

Steph and Klay!?! Nope.

Certainly not on the Steph and Klay front. And if not the foregoing, then what?!? Why?!? Why would a smart person ever trade an exceptional talent for a dude like Trae Young?!? I’m simply asking...what is this dude’s (Travis’s) IQ? I’d literally like to know. Not particularly high, I expect.

Schlenk is BK?  Hmm.

If we are going to forever compare taking Doncic at 3 and trading him to taking Gasol at 3 and trading him, let's remember that BK was the GM trading *for* Gasol.

And seeing as I've now said something positive about BK, I need to go take a shower.

All I know is if Luka becomes a star and Trae does not, I hope Schlenk and everyone else involved is fired. The trade was a huge risk, and quick frankly Schlenk's career should be on the line. When we were all arguing over who we should take some said Luca, some said Bagley, some said JJJ, some said Bamba. Almost no one here said Trae Young should be the pick. I support Trae, I hope he does well, but I'm not sure any other team in the NBA would have made the move we made on draft night.

• Like 1

All I know is if Luka becomes a star and Trae does not, I hope Schlenk and everyone else involved is fired. The trade was a huge risk, and quick frankly Schlenk's career should be on the line. When we were all arguing over who we should take some said Luca, some said Bagley, some said JJJ, some said Bamba. Almost no one here said Trae Young should be the pick. I support Trae, I hope he does well, but I'm not sure any other team in the NBA would have made the move we made on draft night.

I agree with everything you said. It's just foolish though taking a PG that high in the draft, especially when you already have one on the roster you can't move. The Mavs pick though could end up being better than Young and Doncic so I guess Schlenk has that to fall back on if Young doesn't figure things out.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

For the record, I wanted Trae and still do. I just knew on this team, he wouldn’t hit the ground running out the gates. He’s going to have adjust and he will. I’m not worried at all about his shooting struggles. He’s flashing that top level playmaking ability and he can beat Summer League guys off the dribble. He will have to add more to his game just like most 19 year olds, but he’s alleviated my main concern thus far.