• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Right Now.. Trae Is...

Diesel

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Woooowwww... We’re really going to judge a 19 year old kid on his performance in Summer League? This is why I hate player comparisons. It places lofty expectations on kids that haven’t even played their first regular season game yet by comparing them to established NBA vets... It’s unfair to compare a 19 year old kid to a 30 year old man and this wouldn’t be an issue if we didn’t live in an impatient society that wants everything NOW. Give Trae some time to develop! Trae will be loads better in a decade too!

I can't speak for others.   I can only speak for me.   I don't use SL at all as a judgement.  Too many guys trying to make the team so the game is a selfish game.  I'm talking him coming in as a pro.  I think the later part of the season of his rookie year, teams figured him out and he had a high probability of tossing up 3s that were Steph Curry Antic like threes.   What I would like to see is if he can develop a drive.

Ok, I watched all of the highlights for trade and both SL games over and over to come up with my opinion. Trae is a rookie, Chemistry takes time to form the more he plays. Doncic, traded to the Mavs was the correct choice. He would've been disappointed with the Hawks knowing this team is rebuilding. They can work with Trae and help him transition into the NBA the right way

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, buzzerbeater4three said:

Ok, I watched all of the highlights for trade and both SL games over and over to come up with my opinion. Trae is a rookie, Chemistry takes time to form the more he plays. Doncic, traded to the Mavs was the correct choice. He would've been disappointed with the Hawks knowing this team is rebuilding. They can work with Trae and help him transition into the NBA the right way

Doncic would not have worked well because he's not as good as some people think.   I think he'll be like Mirotic.  A guy who has ability but doesn't reach that next level quickly.  He is not going to be like Porzingas. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Doncic would not have worked well because he's not as good as some people think.   I think he'll be like Mirotic.  A guy who has ability but doesn't reach that next level quickly.  He is not going to be like Porzingas. 

Hedo Turner or Evan Turkoglu?  Mirotic is a different kind of player.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Porzingis is like Giannis and Dennis. Where they were extremely raw but extremely physically gifted. Dennis was not extremely  physically gifted but physically gifted nonetheless 

Right now . . . Trae is . . .

trying too hard to be the "superstar".

Just play the game the right way.   Stop shooting from Kennesaw, and just play more intelligent.

I want to see a dunk lob to Collins today, before I see one of Trae's patented 28 foot 3 pointers.  Just run the damn team . . period.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Just play the game the right way.   Stop shooting from Kennesaw, and just play more intelligent.

I want to see a dunk lob to Collins today, before I see one of Trae's patented 28 foot 3 pointers.  Just run the damn team . . period.

I get that feeling too. Just let the game come, this isn't college where you had to take EVERY bad shot.

Start the game, like he did the 2nd half of the last game and he'll be better for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get that feeling too. Just let the game come, this isn't college where you had to take EVERY bad shot.

Start the game, like he did the 2nd half of the last game and he'll be better for it.

Everyone but Collins is struggling on the offensive end unless you want to count guys like Smith, Samba, and Kamba. Dorsey, Spellman, and Trae are all shooting under 40%. Even Landale is missing point blank bunnies and put backs ( 39% ).

I have no doubt Trae, Spellman, and Dorsey will put a good game or two together between now and the end of both summer leagues.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Everyone but Collins is struggling on the offensive end unless you want to count guys like Smith, Samba, and Kamba. Dorsey, Spellman, and Trae are all shooting under 40%. Even Landale is missing point blank bunnies and put backs ( 39% ).

I have no doubt Trae, Spellman, and Dorsey will put a good game or two together between now and the end of both summer leagues.

I didn't say they all aren't, it's the shot selection by Trae that I hate.  Long ass 3s early in the shot clock is just horrible, even if they were going in, is not sustainable - I'd rather he gets it out of his system now though.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't say they all aren't, it's the shot selection by Trae that I hate.  Long ass 3s early in the shot clock is just horrible, even if they were going in, is not sustainable - I'd rather he gets it out of his system now though.

Quite honestly with the way we are shooting, it probably does feel like he is at Oklahoma and has to do it all. Lone exception is Collins.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hedo Turner or Evan Turkoglu?  Mirotic is a different kind of player.

Don't get me wrong.. I like Mirotic.  I just don't think he's reaching his potential quickly.

Doncic will be just as slow if not slower. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Porzingis is like Giannis and Dennis. Where they were extremely raw but extremely physically gifted. Dennis was not extremely  physically gifted but physically gifted nonetheless 

I can agree with that.  Plus Porzingis has the advantage of being a natural shot blocker.  great hand to eye coordination.   Doncic... From what I see is just a guy with some skills but mostly outplaying inferior talent.   He's not even as Physically gifted as a dominant player should be. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think he's serious about these games but he wants to give a good showing so he's putting a lot more pressure than necessary on himself.   The other thing is tht too many people have given him the team.   He's not ready for that yet.   Let him learn to play with Collins Baze, and Dedmon. 

vor 9 Stunden, buzzerbeater4three sagte:

thats the only argument yet id agree with and i also had that feelz about doncic in a hawks uniform. hes a 19 year old legit superstar in basketball-europe and the barcelone/real madrid upbringing makes for the most exquisit divas imaginable. which can be held under controll, wehn the said diva feels the club or franchise he plays for is even bigger than him. and he alone wouldnt turn the hawks into a winning team year one, so frustration and failure will bring out the worst in such players. and i think management took that aspect in their evaluation.

but then again, what does that say about the hawks as a franchise?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't think he's serious about these games but he wants to give a good showing so he's putting a lot more pressure than necessary on himself.   The other thing is tht too many people have given him the team.   He's not ready for that yet.   Let him learn to play with Collins Baze, and Dedmon. 

There is an ulterior motive with how they are handling him during summer league, and really how they will handle him this year.  Remember what the goal of the team is at this time.  The more bad shots, the more turnovers, and the more inefficient this team can be, the better their chances are of getting a high draft pick.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is an ulterior motive with how they are handling him during summer league, and really how they will handle him this year.  Remember what the goal of the team is at this time.  The more bad shots, the more turnovers, and the more inefficient this team can be, the better their chances are of getting a high draft pick.

This is an offensive post.  I get that you're not on board with things but this is over the line.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is an offensive post.  I get that you're not on board with things but this is over the line.

I think it is a logical post, not an offensive one.  KB has argued that the Hawks will deliberately look to play uptempo ball that will maximize their chances of losing this year while giving the kids lots of touches and reps.  This seems like a variation on that theme.

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I knew he wouldn't be ready . . . which is why I want to keep Dennis around here.  Way too early to get rid of him.