• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Right Now.. Trae Is...

Diesel

• Premium Member

The worst of Steph Curry Amplified...

&

The Best parts of Malcolm Delaney Tuned down. 

When you watch Steph Curry, the two things that he does that just grates your nerves is Shoot from way downtown too much and try to make passes that nobody can make. 

When you watch Malcolm Delaney, the best parts of his game are his high volume efficiency from three and his ability to get to the line. 

Right now, that makes Trae... Piss poor.   BUt he can improve.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who is this Malcom Delaney who delighted fans with efficiency from 3pt range?  I’ve never seen such a player.

Well, he did better from three than other places on the court.   Plus, I would have liked to see him play more with Isaiah C. 

51 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who is this Malcom Delaney who delighted fans with efficiency from 3pt range?  I’ve never seen such a player.

I know, who is the Malcolm Delaney Diesel is talking about? I never seen him play for the Hawks

So imagine as the primary ball handler you've 

A) not been able to trust your teammates to handle the ball 

and 

B) primarily only seen zone defenses in your life

He's been playing a completely different game his whole life.  He is going to take time to adjust. Every trip up the court, someone is grabbing him 1v1 at 30 feet+ and sticking with him.  Trae is not waiting for picks, but instead moving zones and swinging the ball immediately. He is still approaching things as if he's facing the zone.  Then after swinging the ball, he looks absolutely shocked when his teammates pass the ball between themselves (especially those who've run NBA sets before). He goes flat footed and starts watching.  He's a bit dumbfounded right now and that is only going to change with time, coaching.  Be patient.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So imagine as the primary ball handler you've 

A) not been able to trust your teammates to handle the ball 

and 

B) primarily only seen zone defenses in your life

He's been playing a completely different game his whole life.  He is going to take time to adjust. Every trip up the court, someone is grabbing him 1v1 at 30 feet+ and sticking with him.  Trae is not waiting for picks, but instead moving zones and swinging the ball immediately. He is still approaching things as if he's facing the zone.  Then after swinging the ball, he looks absolutely shocked when his teammates pass the ball between themselves (especially those who've run NBA sets before). He goes flat footed and starts watching.  He's a bit dumbfounded right now and that is only going to change with time, coaching.  Be patient.

He's seeing a lot of this....

"I’m getting a lot of the (defensive) face guard, a lot of the picking up full court so I’m just trying to make the right play, make the right pass."

This is where a 2nd ball handler next to him would come in handy. I wish Bembry was playing in SL.

• Like 2

Summer league does not make a career. It’s not like every player who looks awesome in summer league transfers that play to the season (Winslow and Stanley Johnson for examples). 

Plus Trae is getting good shots and playing decent defense. I have noticed his assists would be higher if we had better talent on our summer league team.  Not trying to make excuses but Collectively they look terrible. Tauren, Baze and Red Mamba should be able to convert some of those open threes. Dorsey looks better than he did last year and Spellman looks good. 

• Like 1

I'm not saying he's terrible or anything. But why pass on Luca for him? Luca is an excellent passer and ballhandler. With his size and strength he wont get bullied like Trae. I don't see what upside Trae offers over Luca. Trae is both small and not particularly explosive, but is a good passer. Usually those guys profile as back up point guards. Scoring in the NBA is not going to come easy for him, and more often than not those long threes are not going to fall. He does not have Steph's handle or athleticism, both of which are very underrated. He's going to have to become crafty as the devil, basically Steve Nash, to become a star.

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not saying he's terrible or anything. But why pass on Luca for him? Luca is an excellent passer and ballhandler. With his size and strength he wont get bullied like Trae. I don't see what upside Trae offers over Luca. Trae is both small and not particularly explosive, but is a good passer. Usually those guys profile as back up point guards. Scoring in the NBA is not going to come easy for him, and more often than not those long threes are not going to fall. He does not have Steph's handle or athleticism, both of which are very underrated. He's going to have to become crafty as the devil, basically Steve Nash, to become a star.

Steph didn't have even Trae handle as a NBA rookie. 

This kid is raw. He's going to have to develop

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Steph didn't have even Trae handle as a NBA rookie. 

This kid is raw. He's going to have to develop

Steph doesn’t really have handles right now. Just because they’ve had a good record doesn’t mean they are all individually good at everything..

No, Curry has no handles..he fakes it. That’s what their secret is in golden state...fake ur bullshit the best way possible cuz you a fake champ anyways.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Steph doesn’t really have handles right now. Just because they’ve had a good record doesn’t mean they are all individually good at everything..

No, Curry has no handles..he fakes it. That’s what their secret is in golden state...fake ur bullshit the best way possible cuz you a fake champ anyways.

Steph has amazing handles. I am not following what you are talking about

• Like 2

• Moderators

Woooowwww... We’re really going to judge a 19 year old kid on his performance in Summer League? This is why I hate player comparisons. It places lofty expectations on kids that haven’t even played their first regular season game yet by comparing them to established NBA vets... It’s unfair to compare a 19 year old kid to a 30 year old man and this wouldn’t be an issue if we didn’t live in an impatient society that wants everything NOW. Give Trae some time to develop! Trae will be loads better in a decade too!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Please stop this.  We have no idea what any of these playes will be until about 3 years into their careers.   No need to bad mouth Trae because Luka's less athletic than Trae and this is from someone who wanted Luka. Luka may have played against grown men in his league, but he DID NOT play against NBA athletes every night.  He'll have an adjustment period too.  I hope Luka does well as I hope Trae does well.

What I refuse to do is call someone a bust while they are playing in summer league and act like summer league play will dictate a career in the NBA.

• Like 2