• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Right Now.. Trae Is...

Diesel

• Moderators
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I knew he wouldn't be ready . . . which is why I want to keep Dennis around here.  Way too early to get rid of him.

I was thinking Dennis should definitely be gone but I underestimated how far he has to go.  I am now OK with keeping Dennis around if Schlenk doesn't find the right deal or decide to sign a vet who can fill that role in Dennis's place.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I knew he wouldn't be ready . . . which is why I want to keep Dennis around here.  Way too early to get rid of him.

Dennis helps with the tanking, so they will keep him around.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Why Ike, whatever do you mean?

What'd you call me?

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think it is a logical post, not an offensive one.  KB has argued that the Hawks will deliberately look to play uptempo ball that will maximize their chances of losing this year while giving the kids lots of touches and reps.  This seems like a variation on that theme.

It skating the lines of implying they are purposely losing which I think is offensive.  Like they're sooo stupid that they're purposely training guys on how to lose.  That's ridiculous.

Plus he called me "Ike" for some reason.  That's offensive in and of itself.  Who names their kid Ike or Eisenhower these days?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

What'd you call me?

It skating the lines of implying they are purposely losing which I think is offensive.  Like they're sooo stupid that they're purposely training guys on how to lose.  That's ridiculous.

Plus he called me "Ike" for some reason.  That's offensive in and of itself.  Who names their kid Ike or Eisenhower these days?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

What'd you call me?

They ARE purposely losing.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You don't keep a malcontent selfish player who doesn't have the will to make others better simply because Trae is suffering in SL.  I would rather trade Dennis for a Second, Bring Isaiah T. Back and let them work the PG position. 

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good. Schlenk is still in his right mind. I expect Dennis value to go up as the season goes on and Trae just isn’t ready to start in the NBA yet.

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Good. Schlenk is still in his right mind. I expect Dennis value to go up as the season goes on and Trae just isn’t ready to start in the NBA yet.

I'm skeptical about that.  His time and role will be more limited this year than last year so the opportunity for him to shine will be smaller.  On the plus side, some team is likely to get desperate and his contract gets shorter every day that goes by.

Josh Smith, if Josh Smith was 6’1 and couldn’t jump.

Fire Schlenk. Immediately. This is just gross to watch....it’s almost as gross as watching Trae Young play ball in college, except the shooting percentage is dipping even further.

This is what we did with the No. 3 pick. I literally think the Jazz wouldn’t trade is Grayson Allen for Trae Young straight up right now.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, vdunkndunk said:

Fire Schlenk. Immediately. This is just gross to watch....it’s almost as gross as watching Trae Young play ball in college, except the shooting percentage is dipping even further.

This is what we did with the No. 3 pick. I literally think the Jazz wouldn’t trade is Grayson Allen for Trae Young straight up right now.

His scoring has been absolutely brutal, but he is a good passer. It's really hard to see him becoming a star though. I think Steve Nash can jump higher than Trae.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, vdunkndunk said:

The sad part is that Schlenk will waste at least the next three years on Acie Law 2.0 before he finally gives up on him.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Scoring is overrated.  When I think about HOF players my mind immediately goes to great passers.  Great scorers is directly below  great screen setters.

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, NineOhTheRino said:

Scoring is overrated.  When I think about HOF players my mind immediately goes to great passers.  Great scorers is directly below  great screen setters.

Which HOFers were above all else great passers but also not good scorers?  I can name several that couldn't good picks.  

• Premium Member

He is not a star player at this level.   Him trying to prove he is causing him to be an extremely inefficient in summer league.  there is a good chance his inefficiency will only get worse once the season starts. 

• Premium Member

rather 

I don't think he will be a star player at this level.   He can be a productive player.  Him trying to prove he belongs is causing him to be an extremely inefficient player in summer league.  there is a good chance his inefficiency will only get worse once the season starts.  I. feel bad for Lloyd Pierce.  Seems he will have a headcase in at PG no matter the lineup. 

20 minutes ago, NineOhTheRino said:

rather 

I don't think he will be a star player at this level.   He can be a productive player.  Him trying to prove he belongs is causing him to be an extremely inefficient player in summer league.  there is a good chance his inefficiency will only get worse once the season starts.  I. feel bad for Lloyd Pierce.  Seems he will have a headcase in at PG no matter the lineup. 

I can't really tell if this is a serious post or not.  Trae is far from a head case and if someone trying to hard to prove they belong means they make mistakes of aggression, I'll take that over someone who is just happy saying "I'm in the NBA."  The kid has a lot to improve on, but his vision and getting the teammates involved are better than just a productive player.  Like the pick or not, it does show his boom or bust potential, but I'm willing to bet it's more on boom than bust.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deester11 said:

I can't really tell if this is a serious post or not.  Trae is far from a head case and if someone trying to hard to prove they belong means they make mistakes of aggression, I'll take that over someone who is just happy saying "I'm in the NBA."  The kid has a lot to improve on, but his vision and getting the teammates involved are better than just a productive player.  Like the pick or not, it does show his boom or bust potential, but I'm willing to bet it's more on boom than bust.  

Most HOF NBA PG's do not come out of the gate like CP3. Tony Parker averaged 9 points and 4 assist while shooting .402 from the field his first year. Steve Nash never averaged over 8.5 points or 5.5 assist until his 5th year and he had two seasons in his first four that he shot .423 and .363 from the field. Jason Kidd was just horrible from a efficiency standpoint until his 5th year and even then he was average at best.

I know we took Trae high but I not recall anyone saying he was the next CP3. Those few outsiders who compared him to Curry have admitted it is only because of his range and not his over all game or physical abilities.

This is what he is: the BPA and obviously the best Point Guard in the draft from Schlenk's perspective.

People like to harp on those of us have come to grips with reality and spin it into we are making excuses for Trae. I am no more making excuses for him as I am for Kidd, Nash, or Parker. It takes a little time for most point guards, no matter how good they are, to adapt to the NBA game. I am sure I can look up some more; Chauncey Billups just came to mind. But honestly, given the vast basketball knowledge of the members here, I don't think I should have to.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Most HOF NBA PG's do not come out of the gate like CP3. Tony Parker averaged 9 points and 4 assist while shooting .402 from the field his first year. Steve Nash never averaged over 8.5 points or 5.5 assist until his 5th year and he had two seasons in his first four that he shot .423 and .363 from the field. Jason Kidd was just horrible from a efficiency standpoint until his 5th year and even then he was average at best.

I know we took Trae high but I not recall anyone saying he was the next CP3. Those few outsiders who compared him to Curry have admitted it is only because of his range and not his over all game or physical abilities.

This is what he is: the BPA and obviously the best Point Guard in the draft from Schlenk's perspective.

People like to harp on those of us have come to grips with reality and spin it into we are making excuses for Trae. I am no more making excuses for him as I am for Kidd, Nash, or Parker. It takes a little time for most point guards, no matter how good they are, to adapt to the NBA game. I am sure I can look up some more; Chauncey Billups just came to mind. But honestly, given the vast basketball knowledge of the members here, I don't think I should have to.

• Like 1