Pumped for Trae

volman

1 hour ago, AHF said:

You can take his stroke from the line to the bank.  No questions there.

You know it came 13 years later, but I think the bball Gods are making up for our own Cp3 blunder with a guy that as premature as this may sound, has better natural court vision than even the great Cp3. 

I haven’t been this excited about a rookie since ever. The only rookie that I really loved and was super excited for was Stacey Augmon in 91 due to elite defense but Trae is like no Hawks draft pick ever..(ever being pre 85 but we didn’t even draft Nique in 82 so I don’t know). 

Wow...stay humble stay hungry young man!

• Like 4

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, RWF said:

Looks like we got ourselves a 'superstar' in the making in terms on national attention if he keeps this up. Meaning more light shed on the Hawks, so more TV attention, which can lead to attracting more star players. When was the last time we had a rookie do interviews on ESPN after SL games?

That is unquestioned.  I badly want him to pan out to be a real leader.  His passing has absolutely been the big encouraging skill from the summer.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RWF said:

Looks like we got ourselves a 'superstar' in the making in terms on national attention if he keeps this up. Meaning more light shed on the Hawks, so more TV attention, which can lead to attracting more star players. When was the last time we had a rookie do interviews on ESPN after SL games?

BWAHHHHHHHHHH.....hold on....superstar...that's the last thing we want out of Trae.  Trae's job is to make everyone else's life easier...not carry the franchise.  Every trip down the floor that Prince doesn't have to initiate his own offense, that a big isn't surprised by a laser beam pass at 4 feet to his face....Every possession where a big runs the floor hoping only to get a rebound as the visionless guard throws up a wild layup and ends up 10 feet out of bounds is where Trae is going to make his money.

I went back and counted. The Hawks were far better than you might have imagined last year.  The Hawks lost 24 games last year by 10 points or less. If you expand to 12 points or less...over 30 games.  10 points is 5 missed shots. That's it...5 turnovers or 5 missed shots. They averaged 14.63 turnovers/game last year. They took 7015 shots, making 3130 and missing 3885.  So 2 less turnovers per game and 3 less missed shots and you had a chance to win 24 more ballgames last year (doubling your win total).

What do I want from Trae?  I want him to help Prince, Moose, Dedmon, Baze, Bembry, Dorsey, Plumlee and Collins be in better position to score the basketball, not have stupid turnovers due to shot clock violations and not have to handle the basketball. Most importantly, if Dennis is here, I want Trae's presence to pressure Dennis into becoming a better teammate and PG.

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden, Atlantaholic sagte:

This is the type of performance everybody was hoping to see from Trae in summer league; a complete 180 from his first couple of games. A lot of us are breathing a nice sigh of relief lol

a 180 is your team making a giant comeback while you sit on the bench and then get thrown back in with the sl young unorganized pacers still shoock, making a couple of free assists?

a 180 is still only 7 assists in total and 5 turnovers. 28% 3 point shooting and minus 12 for the game?

no wonder hes the second coming. he can do no wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

BWAHHHHHHHHHH.....hold on....superstar...that's the last thing we want out of Trae.  Trae's job is to make everyone else's life easier...not carry the franchise.  Every trip down the floor that Prince doesn't have to initiate his own offense, that a big isn't surprised by a laser beam pass at 4 feet to his face....Every possession where a big runs the floor hoping only to get a rebound as the visionless guard throws up a wild layup and ends up 10 feet out of bounds is where Trae is going to make his money.

I went back and counted. The Hawks were far better than you might have imagined last year.  The Hawks lost 24 games last year by 10 points or less. If you expand to 12 points or less...over 30 games.  10 points is 5 missed shots. That's it...5 turnovers or 5 missed shots. They averaged 14.63 turnovers/game last year. They took 7015 shots, making 3130 and missing 3885.  So 2 less turnovers per game and 3 less missed shots and you had a chance to win 24 more ballgames last year (doubling your win total).

What do I want from Trae?  I want him to help Prince, Moose, Dedmon, Baze, Bembry, Dorsey, Plumlee and Collins be in better position to score the basketball, not have stupid turnovers due to shot clock violations and not have to handle the basketball. Most importantly, if Dennis is here, I want Trae's presence to pressure Dennis into becoming a better teammate and PG.

Want more points?  Hit more of your free throws.  I know.  The old man keeps harping on this one thing.  Want to improve the entire team?  Easy.  Increase your % from the free throw line.  In last night's victory, Trae hit all of his.  This alone was the difference.  If he misses all his free throws, Hawks lose.  Ugh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

a 180 is your team making a giant comeback while you sit on the bench and then get thrown back in with the sl young unorganized pacers still shoock, making a couple of free assists?

a 180 is still only 7 assists in total and 5 turnovers. 28% 3 point shooting and minus 12 for the game?

I know you’re a DS fan, but this is seriously an ignorant post. Trae had 5 assists in the 4th quarter... cmon man. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I guess we have to give you points for sticking to your gimmick.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

? damn u more bitter than me! 

• Like 4

I know it’s only summer league but so far... Trae Young is that guy. He’s that polarizing figure that the Atlanta Hawks has been looking for. Right now the way I keep seeing celebrities around him, it kind of reminds me of how everyone took towards AI. 

I saw a picture of him and Floyd Mayweather sitting together at the Vegas summer league. During the Chicago game Michael Porter Jr tweeted: “Uh oh he got comfortable ? @TheTraeYoung”... A lot of Chicago fans didn’t like that :laugh:

Also people who has been comparing him to Curry... His game actually looks somewhat like his favorite NBA player.... Steve Nash. I’ve never seen a player happier than he is after an assist. He jumps up and down, throwing up the 3 sign like he just made the shot. :biggrin: but... I did love how he went and got the ball from Tyler Dorsey (thanks for giving up the rock Tyler lol)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Daz some bitter sauerkraut, yah.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hazer said:

I get zee feeling he von’t be schticking avound vunce Schröder iz gone ??

? prolly not but he’s throwing me for a 180 with that avatar change. It’s confusing as hell. Unless he can frame his avatar green for sarcasm...

Just now, Spud2nique said:

? prolly not but he’s throwing me for a 180 with that avatar change. It’s confusing as hell. Unless he can frame his avatar green for sarcasm...

Ëigžhaktavündö! 

• Like 2