Pumped for Trae

volman

• Moderators

I think that "ability to shake defenders easily" will be a key question for him to answer against NBA defenses.  If he can't easily shake them, it will make it harder for him to get the good passing angles but will much more dramatically impact his shooting %s.  I am optimistic that his passing vision is good enough to still be successful with closer marking but I don't share the same confidence in his shot if he has trouble shaking the bigger, more athletic and more sound defenders he will see in the NBA this year than he saw in college or SL.

• Like 4

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think that "ability to shake defenders easily" will be a key question for him to answer against NBA defenses.  If he can't easily shake them, it will make it harder for him to get the good passing angles but will much more dramatically impact his shooting %s.  I am optimistic that his passing vision is good enough to still be successful with closer marking but I don't share the same confidence in his shot if he has trouble shaking the bigger, more athletic and more sound defenders he will see in the NBA this year than he saw in college or SL.

That's true but he'll also have better picks, better plays, better targets too.   And they were doubling him in SL which was a little shocking for an unproven player who's shooting 20%.   Prince and Collins should be the beneficiaries of a lot of easy layups if they want to double Trae hard.  If not, I'm confident he can shake most guys.  He'll learn.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

That's true but he'll also have better picks, better plays, better targets too.   And they were doubling him in SL which was a little shocking for an unproven player who's shooting 20%.   Prince and Collins should be the beneficiaries of a lot of easy layups if they want to double Trae hard.  If not, I'm confident he can shake most guys.  He'll learn.   

I totally agree that it will be a whole different world from SL in ways that are benefits to Trae and in ways that are challenges to him.  SL is an exhibition that isn't worth much.  Fun for fans during the down part of the year but other than that....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Pumped for Trae thread continues here I guess huh brother2thenight? You just ridin round gitttin

iiiitttttttt...

Yup! When ESPN are talking/showing more of his highlights than the person who actually scored the most... that’s the Polarizing player that will bring a few bandwagoners to our team also:biggrin:

I think I made a good investment when I bought my season tickets lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Yup! When ESPN are talking/showing more of his highlights than the person who actually scored the most... that’s the Polarizing player that will bring a few bandwagoners to our team also:biggrin:

I think I made a good investment when I bought my season tickets lol 

Nice! I had some friends that got Warrior season tickets in 2003...now all they do is ride around Oakland and bang hookers! ? That’ll be you in 15 years.. lol jk

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Nice! I had some friends that got Warrior season tickets in 2003...now all they do is ride around Oakland and bang hookers! ? That’ll be you in 15 years.. lol jk

200_d.gif

Come on man.   Learn from the past. 

• Like 2

Just now, macdaddy said:

Penalty.  You have a whole year before you can insult me.  Either that or get that Kyrie avatar in there. 

? oh no sir! The Cavs have been to the finals since that trade. The Celtics have not and I hope never do. And where’s this Kyrie avatar talk coming from. We never made any official avatar bets. It’s like saying I put $5000 Buster Douglas to take out Tyson in my mind. How come Vegas won’t pay up? 

Ps Why won’t Brad come over to squawk? Your his best bud (pun intended Holzer)!you should nudge him over. Or does he like to be a medium sized fish in a small pond?

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

? oh no sir! The Cavs have been to the finals since that trade. The Celtics have not and I hope never do. And where’s this Kyrie avatar talk coming from. We never made any official avatar bets. It’s like saying I put $5000 Buster Douglas to take out Tyson in my mind. How come Vegas won’t pay up? 

Ps Why won’t Brad come over to squawk? Your his best bud (pun intended Holzer)!you should nudge him over. Or does he like to be a medium sized fish in a small pond?

Were the Cavs in the finals?  I don't remember them showing up for that.   Oh well, they'll get 'em next year.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Dude got more talent than PG I can remember. It's scary to think now good he can be

Zeke good! Welcome all top free agents in 2020!

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Were the Cavs in the finals?  I don't remember them showing up for that.   Oh well, they'll get 'em next year.

Yes..barely ..

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Ran out of likes.   I agree.   Hopefully get some casual atlanta fans out to get on the Traewagon. 

I know my fair weather ass ( I generally watch all games, but go to the games when they are good) will go to Phillip's this year...lmao. 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I know my fair weather ass ( I generally watch all games, but go to the games when they are good) will go to Phillip's this year...lmao. 

Enjoy the games! This going to the games made me think of Horford and his amigos section at the games? Are those people in Boston now?