Hawks = No Doncic because of Buyout Process?

Diesel

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Bottom Line, Doncic is a Real Madrid Player.  IF he didn't want to play for a team, he didn't have to.  Dallas has yet to complete the Buyout. 

Dallas is not responsible for the buyout, Doncic is. I don't know the details of his contract wether it has a set buyout amout or if it has to be negotiated. Dallas as a team can only contribute a small portion of the buyout, Doncic is responsible for the rest.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

lol no. they prioritized ticket sales

That might not turn out too well.  If they did it based on ticket sales alone that will 

Come back to haunt them.  They are on the cheap for sure.

• Moderators

If people stop making up junk to bash Luka to make our decision look better that will dry up most of the talk on him.  Luke doesn’t have to suck to make Trae a good pick.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeffery123 said:

Get over it already. We got Trae, they got Luka. Support our team, or join the Dallas forum. Let Dallas worry his buyout, Who cares.

Uh-huh. Get em board police!!!! Lol. ?‍♂️

But Damn I agree. If you can't support this team, there is enough room on the wagons of other teams. 

• Premium Member

These two (Trae and Luka) will be FOREVER tied at the hip, one way or another. Get used to it.

I haven't seen one post here rooting for Dallas.  From now until they retire they will be compared for their successes and failures. Again, get used to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

If people stop making up junk to bash Luka to make our decision look better that will dry up most of the talk on him.  Luke doesn’t have to suck to make Trae a good pick.

Wasn't a fan of Luka before the draft, even before the thought of Trae Young ending up here even crossed my mind. I'm damn sure not gonna stop talking my shit now. He better shut me up

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These two (Trae and Luka) will be FOREVER tied at the hip, one way or another. Get used to it.

I haven't seen one post here rooting for Dallas.  From now until they retire they will be compared for their successes and failures. Again, get used to it.

I’ll get used to it but it doesn’t mean you people have to report a Doncic fart ?..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jeffery123 said:

We got Trae AND THEIR 2019 PICK, they got Luka.

Even better.

• Like 2

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll get used to it but it doesn’t mean you people have to report a Doncic fart ?..

The thread was reported suggesting that we knew he could get the buyout done and avoided him to prevent that situation.  It was total BS from the start and another rationalization as to why we passed on him.  "You people" i.e., @JayBirdHawk just posted something that went directly to the heart of the OP.  It wasn't a fart, it was the whole basis for this thread.

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

The thread was reported suggesting that we knew he could get the buyout done and avoided him to prevent that situation.  It was total BS from the start and another rationalization as to why we passed on him.  "You people" i.e., @JayBirdHawk just posted something that went directly to the heart of the OP.  It wasn't a fart, it was the whole basis for this thread.

My bad. I guess internally I was tired of people talking about his buyout which isn’t really our issue. Just saying.