• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Then that’s even worse because you are spending $14 million for a second round pick without creating any cap space for next year, and Brooklyn is further along in their rebuild.  Their pick will be a worse second round pick.  

Do we even know what 2nd we are trading yet? It could be Charlotte's 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Do we even know what 2nd we are trading yet? It could be Charlotte's 

No biggie to get a vet PG with just a swap of 2nd rounders.

Wojnarowski reports that as part of the deal, Atlanta and Brooklyn will exchange future second-round picks.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/13/report-brooklyn-nets-trade-jeremy-lin-atlanta-hawks

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Rowland at Peachtree Hoops is suggesting in his story that this may be part one of a larger deal.

Seems so.  Just hope we aren't losing an asset to dump Dennis.  That would be such a Slinky thing to do. 

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d rather have a guy like Lin mentor Trae than a guy like Dennis. And I’m not even a Lin fan but I think he’s super smart and has done the most he can with the least amount of talent overall. He just finds ways and has an incredible work habit.

Dennis must be done soon. @DS17Fanboy ur thoughts? 

Bruh, we finna lose the German contingent but gain a bunch-a Lin fans.

Another trade we would've lost.  Thanks, Slink. 

5 minutes ago, DBac said:

We got a 2025 second round pick for our troubles. Saw a few middle school kids at an AAU practice earlier in Augusta, I should've took notes.

Yeah.  I thought the point of having cap space was to use it to get assets, particularly since they aren’t using it to get better.  

Just now, KB21 said:

Yeah.  I thought the point of having cap space was to use it to get assets, particularly since they aren’t using it to get better.  

I'm in disbelief really. Only way I can rationalize this is by it being a part of a bigger deal because why would you help facilitate a deal that you, yourself, should be making.

1 minute ago, DBac said:

I'm in disbelief really. Only way I can rationalize this is by it being a part of a bigger deal because why would you help facilitate a deal that you, yourself, should be making.

Yep.  The deal the Nets made with Denver is the deal the Hawks should have made.  

For those critics that want us to hit a grand slam this off season, pay attention, the grand slams were hit when Bron and George signed. Other than a poor free throw shooting Capella and a seriously injured Boogie, there was nothing but scraps left.

Had Lin been in the free agent market he would have been viewed as a top five UFA. Provided he is 100% healthy this is a hell of a upgrade over Dorsey as a 3rd point guard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seems so.  Just hope we aren't losing an asset to dump Dennis.  That would be such a Slinky thing to do. 

Bruh, we finna lose the German contingent but gain a bunch-a Lin fans.

Another trade we would've lost.  Thanks, Slink. 

I live in the bay man. A bunch of scrub fans also became Hawk fans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He played really well in Charlotte the role we need him for ... backup pg. He can also play some sg so he and Trae can coexist for limited minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haters gonna hate Cap. If Bud would have acquired Lin for what looks like peanuts, they would be jumping for joy,

• Like 2

Like I said a long time ago...I’m a Hawks fan nobody if we had signed Bill Laimbeer or Danny Ainge. 

Welcome Lin! We could have done a lot worse. This guy is a great vet mentor to Trae. He doesn’t get too high or too low and has been through media craziness in New York so he can advise Trae.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

For those critics that want us to hit a grand slam this off season, pay attention, the grand slams were hit when Bron and George signed. Other than a poor free throw shooting Capella and a seriously injured Boogie, there was nothing but scraps left.

Had Lin been in the free agent market he would have been viewed as a top five UFA. Provided he is 100% healthy this is a hell of a upgrade over Dorsey as a 3rd point guard.

This 100%. We didn't have a 3rd PG. Now we do. He can play SG at times as well. Big time coup for Senlenk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

From the AJC article, I knew that we were trading for a PG. I just didn't know who. Senlenk made it pretty clear.