• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What nobody else has mentioned is that the trade for Lin may be a not only a pick of a player that he's familiar with but he may also be trying to get some Asian American Fans.   Even though Asian Americans in Atlanta only make up roughly 6% of the population by last census, you have to figure that that number is rising.  Schlenk knows how popular Lin has been with Asian Americans at every stop.  Even Brooklyn.   So he may be thinking that 1 year with Lin could produce Asian Americans to fill those seats that are lost from bad play. 

Uuummm....

Me...26 minutes ago

Something smells - seems like another move to fill Philips arena with the LinSanity fans for what will be another season of loosing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

So you're saying that a reliable backup PG like Lin will be needed?  Personally, I'm liking the trade.  We have all of that cap space, might as well burn it up on expiring deals.

I would not call him reliable.

I agree on burning capspace, but I'd rather get a 2019 1st than a 2nd round pick SEVEN years from now.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

you are as typical evading the real questions: when are you guys stopping trae from touching the children and taking part in alt-right marching bands?

also dennis dindu nuffin

Okay now this is TRIFLING! (guten Morgen, everyone! ~lw3). The mods can warn me all they want, but I know (TRIFLING!) when I see it. Welcome to ignore.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

you are as typical evading the real questions: when are you guys stopping trae from touching the children and taking part in alt-right marching bands?

also dennis dindu nuffin

Alright...someone teach me how to stop seeing a poster.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This move speaks to a few things. 

1.  NJ needed to clear some cap space to get a first rounder from Denver. 

2.  Schlenk likes Lin better than Dennis.

3.  Dennis is seeing the Door... if not he should because the door is coming. 

I would guess the deal is done... Dennis for Vucevic.

Vucevic/Collins/Prince/Baze/Lin - this is probably what we start the season off with.  

Shut up dude, this is nonsense. Vicci is trash and doesn't even fit what Senlenk wants to do. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Alright...someone teach me how to stop seeing a poster.

It's easier than Dougie-ing!

Move your cursor over a username, then a pop-up window comes up. "Ignore" is among the options at the bottom of the pop-up.

(I do believe you'll continue to see an ignored user quoted in others' replies, so your regular scroll-down is The Move for those).

~lw3

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would not call him reliable.

I agree on burning capspace, but I'd rather get a 2019 1st than a 2nd round pick SEVEN years from now.

Travis got what he felt he could. Cap space only worth so much. 

Related moves?

Hawks obtain an injured NBA player, known to be pretty good when healthy.

Hawks sign Chelsea Lane, expert, who is known for her healing ability.

Mentor?  Teacher?  Coach when he's on the floor.  (We don't know if he will ever really play.  Remember Speedy?)  We are believing this is just one move as we shuffle the deck, expecting another move.  The newest Hawk, if he remains a Hawk, has an expiring contract.  At the end of this season, he's a free agent. 

:aggressive:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Travis got what he felt he could. Cap space only worth so much. 

Capspace, when we're trying to sign a high-level free agent, is only worth so much.

When you're the last team with space, it is indeed worth much.

Hopefully us hiring Riley helps Slink ... he needs it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

((Mod-hiding bugmen/Hitler stache/rape comments. Never heard of bugmen until this morning, I need to get out more!)) ~lw3

you need to go back to being banned. getting mad about dennis I understand but calling people child rapists and nazis is just completely uncalled for.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Effectively, this seems likely to end up merely being a trade of 3 years of Dennis @ 15k for 1 year of Lin @ 12k, plus whatever asset(s) Dennis brings back.

I don't trust that Lin is actually going to get much playing time simply because injury history is what it is. He's likely going to be more of a player-coach than he is a player. So, spare me all the rejoicing that Lin might help the team win 2018-19 games.

Then again, of course, that also makes him the right fit, since of course that isn't a desired effect anyhow.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Effectively, this seems likely to end up merely being a trade of 3 years of Dennis @ 15k for 1 year of Lin @ 12k, plus whatever asset(s) Dennis brings back.

I don't trust that Lin is actually going to get much playing time simply because injury history is what it is. He's likely going to be more of a player-coach than he is a player.

Except if you trade Dennis' 3 years for Lin's 1 year and Lin is hurt during his 1 year, who are the PGs other than Trae? Where's the vet?  

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Shut up dude, this is nonsense. Vicci is trash and doesn't even fit what Senlenk wants to do. 

Let's keep the Vooch debate in the Vooch thread (I'll probably shove it over to Trade Ideas forum in a minute) that Diez created.

~lw3

• Like 2

I just find it funny that some of the same people crying that Schlenk didn’t make the deal with Denver are some of the same people who were adamantly against picking up Faried in exchange for a 1st.