• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

And you expect me to believe that Schlenk will actually make a deadline deal, much less one that helps the Hawks?

I agree also isn’t there some trade kicker. Schlenk trading acumen leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, warcore said:

Count me as one of those who wishes we made the deal the Nets made w/ the Nuggets. A 1st is better than a second and Faried is also a good vet expiring who brings toughness to the team and fills a need we have at backup 3/4.

I would have liked that deal as well considering i just seen the protections are only 1-12.  They could still be late lotto miss the playoffs and hawks get the pick.   Either way it's a solid 13 to 18 pick imo where i think Denver ends up at in the draft next year. 

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup. Been there every year since 2003. I think I missed one year since then.

Sick! I think I only saw one other Hawks fan there. Mighta been you. I was sauced up man. Draymond hit that bogus 3 to take it to overtime....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, warcore said:

Sick! I think I only saw one other Hawks fan there. Mighta been you. I was sauced up man. Draymond hit that bogus 3 to take it to overtime....

I don’t remember ot? We went to OT against them? ? maybe I was sauced. 

• Like 3

I think what is getting lost in the shuffle is the right to swap 1st rounders in 2023. If we progress the way we should by then and Prokhorov continues to be the terrible owner that he is we are talking a guaranteed top 10 pick here at least. This was Schlenk's best trade. Great move. I really like Lin. And Lin playing the 2 is way more realistic than Dennis.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I think what is getting lost in the shuffle is the right to swap 1st rounders in 2023. If we progress the way we should by then and Prokhorov continues to be the terrible owner that he is we are talking a guaranteed top 10 pick here at least. This was Schlenk's best trade. Great move. I really like Lin. And Lin playing the 2 is way more realistic than Dennis.

Bingo! So looks like to me Schlenk made this trade just to have the right to swap First Rd picks in 2023 ...maybe betting that the nets won’t be in the playoffs and we will by that time.

then second Lin’s deal comes off the books after this year so making this trade was no long term commitment to Lin and we stay “flexible” within our cap for next off season.

Brooklyn has done this before and it seemed like a small deal but then backfired on them:

if I’m not mistaking I believe the Celtics or the Cavs swapped first rd picks with the Brooklyn Nets last draft based on past similar deals. So schlenk May be on to something we won’t know.

Lin attitude vs Dennis attitude:

if I had to make a good assumption on this...Schlenk probably feels Lin would be more supportive of Trae then Dennis. Dennis alpha attitude may not mesh well with young Trae as he’s still young himself entering his prime years and would like to continue starting....why would he want to mentor a young Trae Young to take his point guard duties and he’s still only 24/25 years old?

....of course Dennis could stay but I see no reason to keep Dennis and Lin to help mentor Trae Young.

like I’ve said from the very minute the rumor broke out among fans that schlenk doesn’t like Dennis, I’ve believed Dennis was out the door every since then.

It’s an expiring contract guys, for a 2nd round pick. We neither gained nor lost anything in that aspect.

I don’t get why people are so upset. We arent signing anyone this year, we aren’t going to sign a relevant FA until these young pieces show they are poised to compete. 

We maintained cap space after this  year in exchange for a private tutor. Nothing to rejoice or complain about, just a simple move.

18 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I think its a swap of second round picks in 2023.  I think this is the way to go, after how Trae did in the last couple of games I believe Lin would be a better mentor to him than Dennis.

Good point. Lin told an awesome story about when he was a rookie Monta Ellis bought him 20 pair of $200 jeans. Time for him to give back. :cool: lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why didn't we take the Denver package of a 2019 1st top 12 lottery protected?

That's what I'm sitting there thinking. The Nets moved Lin to us which does absolutely nothing for us and then they turn around and made the trade Schtink should have made in the first place. We go from having cap space to make exactly the deal the Nets did to use our cap space to get a first rounder from someone to...this. Lin as a 3rd pg? Really?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

my thoughts are, if anyone is gonna mentor someone its trae mentoring dennis on how to grow a hitler mustache to go with his goldy patch.

no srsly. dennis is a good kid, but not in a position to mentor. the latest move undermined of what whas left of his starting point guard gravitas. he needs to go and leave this sinking ship. hawks will never get anything done outside of the need of enabling bugmen pipedreams and dennis his talent and drive is wasted here.