• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Like I said a long time ago...I’m a Hawks fan nobody if we had signed Bill Laimbeer or Danny Ainge. 

Welcome Lin! We could have done a lot worse. This guy is a great vet mentor to Trae. He doesn’t get too high or too low and has been through media craziness in New York so he can advise Trae.

Yes he has and if anything bringing in Vets should discount the nonsense that we are following the Philly model. They absolutely refused to bring in veteran mentors to help out with their young players for several years. Instead they opted for summer league players to carry on their pitiful process.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Yes he has and if anything bringing in Vets should discount the nonsense that we are following the Philly model. They absolutely refused to bring in veteran mentors to help out with their young players for several years. Instead they opted for summer league players to carry on their pitiful process.

Indeed. More like Sac Kings bringing in vets. I like that better than the Philly approach.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Best PG trio we had since.... 

Wait, this is the best damn trio of PGs we ever had

Lol it is

So, they are paying $14 million for a third point guard, $15 million for a back up point guard, and traded away Luka Doncic for another point guard?   And this is being construed as a good thing?

It is not a good deal.  You are paying $14 million for a second round pick that will not convey till 2025.  Especially when Brooklyn made the deal the Hawks should have made to get the protected first from Denver.  

• Like 2

Just now, KB21 said:

So, they are paying $14 million for a third point guard, $15 million for a back up point guard, and traded away Luka Doncic for another point guard?   And this is being construed as a good thing?

It is not a good deal.  You are paying $14 million for a second round pick that will not convey till 2025.  Especially when Brooklyn made the deal the Hawks should have made to get the protected first from Denver.  

Dennis still a starter and Lin is an expiring. Chill bro. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I agree that this move makes no sense at all. Only reason I could think of is that a Dennis trade must be on the horizon.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

$ 12,516,746 is Lin's salary this year, not 14 million.

• Like 2

See my comments yesterday to AHF.....There are "good" salary amounts for making deadline deals.  Lin's is better than Baze's for a deadline deal.  

This trade puts them over the vet minimum and gives them a moving piece for future deals.  It is also an expiring this year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

See my comments yesterday to AHF.....There are "good" salary amounts for making deadline deals.  Lin's is better than Baze's for a deadline deal.  

This trade puts them over the vet minimum and gives them a moving piece for future deals.  It is also an expiring this year.

And you expect me to believe that Schlenk will actually make a deadline deal, much less one that helps the Hawks?

• Like 1

Just now, thecampster said:

You bet ya. We had to many 5 million dollar contracts. Now we have two 12 and some change contracts to make something happen. Plus Dennis 15 million dollar one. I like having good vets around even if they are moved later in the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

You bet ya. We had to many 5 million dollar contracts. Now we have two 12 and some change contracts to make something happen. Plus Dennis 15 million dollar one. I like having good vets around even if they are moved later in the season.

Yep...he's not staying....he's deadline deal trade bait if our season goes well. If not, he's an expiring for us for Free Agency next year.  This is a one year, emergency point guard rental, with trade potential...nothing more.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

And you expect me to believe that Schlenk will actually make a deadline deal, much less one that helps the Hawks?

Yes. Everything he has done so far has helped us. I don't see him stopping now. It may happen sooner than the deadline.