• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You do know that this is an exchange of ideas only about what we like or dislike, things we think that works as opposed to not and none of us can actually fix the Hawks right.

So I don't think anyone is losing sleep

I don't know about all that. I stayed up for the late summer league game and logged on to see the chatter about Spellman's good performance. That was pretty much ignored and this place was lit up like a Christmas tree over the Lin trade. Most of it was how "we" could have done better, I work nights so me being up past midnight is standard fare.

I thought this was more a place for fans to pull for their team. Much more so than a cerebral process on idea exchanging. Oh well, it is what it is,

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would not call him reliable.

I agree on burning capspace, but I'd rather get a 2019 1st than a 2nd round pick SEVEN years from now.

He is injury prone, but he has experience without the threat of taking over the starting spot. He's a great stop gap PG for the time being.  And if he comes out firing on all cylinders like Belinelli did, then he'll have value at the deadline as well.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Picard Facepalm

christmas so it begins GIF

? (my closest thing to a gif...but I’d like to warn you all that if I get on squawk from my laptop...ur all dead cuz I’m gonna raid that ? outta this place with so many gifs it’ll have @Vol4ever cringing and begging me to stop.

ps As far as the Lin front and the millions of fans that follow him...

F*CK A FAKE FRIEND WHERE YA REAL FRIENDS AT???? We don’t want no mediocre...

• Moderators

Isiah Thomas signed for $2M.  

Michael Carter-Williams for minimum.

Seth Curry signs for $2.75M

Raymond Felton signs for minimum

Elfrid Payton signs for $2.7M

Tony Parker signs for $5M

Jeremy Lin:  $13.75M

Available:

Marcus Smart

Yogi Ferrell

Available likely for minimum:

Shabazz Napier

Jameer Nelson

Jarrett Jack

Shelvin Mack

Ramon Sessions

Tim Frazier

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Isiah Thomas signed for $2M.  

Michael Carter-Williams for minimum.

Seth Curry signs for $2.75M

Raymond Felton signs for minimum

Elfrid Payton signs for $2.7M

Tony Parker signs for $5M

Jeremy Lin:  $13.75M

Available:

Marcus Smart

Yogi Ferrell

Available likely for minimum:

Shabazz Napier

Jameer Nelson

Jarrett Jack

Shelvin Mack

Ramon Sessions

Tim Frazier

But could any of them add marketing opportunities and profit from ticket sales and viewership like Lin can? Lin is a marketing beast. Add that both him and Trae are diehard Christians, Atlanta can market this to the church going fans as well. 

From a basketball perspective, I like this move and I wouldn't mind keeping Lin around if he's cool sliding into the BU PG role down the line. He can hold his own on the court and he has always seemed like a smart, poised, high character guy. That's the type of guy you want mentoring Young.

From a business perspective, this move is suspect. As others have pointed out:

• If we wanted a third PG, we could get one for much cheaper.
  • The Nets/Nuggets swap is exactly the type of move we should have made.
  • We now have less cap space to use to absorb "bad" contracts for assets.
  • The lone asset we acquired in this deal is a second round pick seven years from now? So, currently, that player is ~12 years old.

I'm hoping a Schro trade follows soon. I can't imagine another team will give us anything worthwhile for Schro, so the trade might have to be a contract swap. Candidates? Ryan Anderson, Joakim Noah, Harrison Barnes... Who else?

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Seems so.  Just hope we aren't losing an asset to dump Dennis.  That would be such a Slinky thing to do. 

Bruh, we finna lose the German contingent but gain a bunch-a Lin fans.

Another trade we would've lost.  Thanks, Slink. 

WAIIIITTTTTT.. @DS17Fanboy DON’T LEEEEAAAVVVEEE... I know it’s hard to say this to you but..

I don’t think I cherished you guys (Dennis and his superfan DS) as much as I should have and now we have brinks trucks full of Lin fans coming....I don’t know how to say this so I’ll put it in song..

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

But could any of them add marketing opportunities and profit from ticket sales and viewership like Lin can? Lin is a marketing beast. Add that both him and Trae are diehard Christians, Atlanta can market this to the church going fans as well. 

Remember all the money he made Charlotte?  Lin is like the biggest thing in sports.  Going to be such a huge marketing force in 2019.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

He is injury prone, but he has experience without the threat of taking over the starting spot. He's a great stop gap PG for the time being.  And if he comes out firing on all cylinders like Belinelli did, then he'll have value at the deadline as well.

What asset was Schlenk able to get for Belinelli?

• Like 1

I don’t think you guys and lady are processing what is actually going to happen. Lin is gonna get an extremely clean Mohawk cut and then reach out to Dennis’s mom (hairdresser) to color it volt...maybe half volt and half red. Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... 

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

What asset was Schlenk able to get for Belinelli?

You beat me to it. He was so valuable we bought him out . News flash Schlenk has been more wrong than he has been right when trades have been involved since he took over.

1 minute ago, Royjr9 said:

You beat me to it. He was so valuable we bought him out . News flash Schlenk has been more wrong than he has been right when trades have been involved since he took over.

Yep.  Schlenk is proving to be an excellent director of scouting.  There is more involved with being a GM than scouting though, and right now, he's beyond terrible at every other aspect of being a GM.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Lin is officially the most expensive 3rd string PG in the NBA. Right next our expensive 3rd string center in Plumlee

Plum is gonna get a couple oop opportunities with Trae now if he plays for us this year. But point taken.