• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Let’s make a mockery of the NBA and start Trae, Dennis and Lin. Just to stick it to Adam Silver. If he’s gonna ruin the nba, we can add a lil fire. ? 

Sure would be fun to watch on offense.

Ruin the NBA. Ratings are at an all time high...Hell, its Mid July, and I aint even thought about the Falcons yet. lol

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

You realize that Philly flipped their first this year for both another first and an unprotected Miami future pick that could be in the lottery, right? Another first is absolutely more valuable than Lin.  Lin can't be counted on to play let alone be some impact BU.  In a year when guys with his talent are signing for $3M and less, paying $13.75M for him while simultaneously enabling our trade partner to scoop up that first round pick is just hard to swallow as good value.

Lin is a one year rental to play behind Trae and help mentor Trae.   Schlenk obviously knows Lin and probably believes that Lin can help Trae with the learn curve.  Lin has the reputation of being a hard worker.  I think he'd be a better role model for Trae than Dennis could be.  Sure you could have gotten yet another first round pick but what use is first round picks if you're not developing the players that you're getting.    It's why the Atlanta Braves signed a 30 year old Terry Pendleton who had been in Decline for the previous 3 yrs and paid him like he was an allstar.   Some moves are made not because you get so much talent but because you get players who help your team's development.   I think when you look back over it, if things remain as they are, Lin will be an asset because of the way he pushes Trae.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm no fan of Payton but if they are looking for someone who can shoot and get the ball to Davis there are better and cheaper options than Dennis.  Plus there is no way they give up Mirotic.   The team played really well after acquiring him.

I don't deny that Mirotic is good.  That's the reason we go after him.   However, where could they have gotten a better and cheaper option?  It sounds good to type but i don't think it's true at all. 

• Premium Member

Just finished reading the entire thread.  Lot of conspiracy theories

#1 The Dennis haters think/hope that this is tied to some sort of Dennis Schröder trade which makes little sense.  Like AHF said, There are plenty point guards on the market to be had for cheap.   Dennis haters also think that Lin was brought in as a $13 million dollar mentor to Trae for a year since Dennis is so poisonous.

#2 The Schlenk haters think that Schlenk did it to have a 3rd point guard on the staff and is willing to have the most expensive 3rd string point guard in the league because  preferred Lin so much over the other available point guards.  Schlenk Haters also believed that Schlenk was duped into taking this deal by the smarter GM.

#3 Lin fans think that Lin can still play and be a reliable option to Dennis Schröder.

#4 Ownership haters think that this a marketing ploy to expand the team's fan base to include the followers of Lin.

The only thing that makes sense to me is conspiracy #4.  Ownership had to be involved in this decision. There is no other logical explanation behind this move

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

With Davis and Mirotic there am wondering why they picked up Randle though. They may make some room.

They just lost Boogie.  Like him or not, there was a good on the court synergy with Boogie and Davis.   Moreover, I don't know what role they have laid out for Davis nowadays.   However, I do believe that Davis had a lot of input into this signing and I believe that he probably sold the team on the fact that Randle could play C and run the floor as well or better than Boogie did. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

#1 The Dennis haters think/hope that this is tied to some sort of Dennis Schröder trade which makes little sense.  Like AHF said, There are plenty point guards on the market to be have for cheap.   Dennis haters also think that Lin was brought in as a $13 million dollar mentor to Trae for a year since Dennis is so poisonous.

#2 The Schlenk haters think that Schlenk did it to have a 3rd point guard on the staff and is willing to have the most expensive 3rd string point guard in the league because  preferred Lin so much over the other available point guards.  Schlenk Haters also believed that Schlenk was duped into taking this deal by the smarter GM.

#3 Lin fans think that Lin can still play and be a reliable option to Dennis Schröder.

#4 Ownership haters think that this a marketing ploy to expand the team's fan base to include the followers of Lin.

The only thing that makes sense to me is conspiracy #4.  Ownership had to be involved in this decision. There is no other logical explanation behind this move

I like Travis and ownership and believe 2 and 4  far more than 1 and 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

#1 The Dennis haters think/hope that this is tied to some sort of Dennis Schröder trade which makes little sense.  Like AHF said, There are plenty point guards on the market to be have for cheap.   Dennis haters also think that Lin was brought in as a $13 million dollar mentor to Trae for a year since Dennis is so poisonous.

Well, there's only 6% at most asian market and Lin is not going to be the face of the Hawks.   He's BU status at this point in his career. 

Secondly, Shlenk shouldn't want this type of three PG offense.  Maybe 2 cheap contracts and one ten of Million dollar deal. 

3rd,  Lin if he can come back from the tear sooner rather than Later is the type of player that can work his way into a fight for the starting position if Dennis were the starter.  However, if Dennis were still here, we'd be checking out trades for him and watching his value sink lower and lower as the trade deadline approached. 

Therefore, the only thing that makes sense is that Dennis is either being shopped heavily or that there's a deal already in place for Dennis.   My guess is that it's a deal that doesn't bring back a first round pick and therefore, I'm guessing that it's capspace or quality play that we're seeking. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't deny that Mirotic is good.  That's the reason we go after him.   However, where could they have gotten a better and cheaper option?  It sounds good to type but i don't think it's true at all. 

Crazy as it sounds, NO might consider this in Jan if Dennis is playing extremely well and his court case is no longer pending in favor of Dennis. Otherwise, no chance in hell.

Just now, Diesel said:

Well, there's only 6% at most asian market and Lin is not going to be the face of the Hawks.   He's BU status at this point in his career. 

Secondly, Shlenk shouldn't want this type of three PG offense.  Maybe 2 cheap contracts and one ten of Million dollar deal. 

3rd,  Lin if he can come back from the tear sooner rather than Later is the type of player that can work his way into a fight for the starting position if Dennis were the starter.  However, if Dennis were still here, we'd be checking out trades for him and watching his value sink lower and lower as the trade deadline approached. 

Therefore, the only thing that makes sense is that Dennis is either being shopped heavily or that there's a deal already in place for Dennis.   My guess is that it's a deal that doesn't bring back a first round pick and therefore, I'm guessing that it's capspace or quality play that we're seeking. 

Wishful thinking and since you hate Dennis, I expect nothing less

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Nailed it.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Crazy as it sounds, NO might consider this in Jan if Dennis is playing extremely well and his court case is no longer pending in favor of Dennis. Otherwise, no chance in hell.

Wishful thinking and since you hate Dennis, I expect nothing less

The case is a big matter.   It being upgraded to a Felony is a big matter so No argument here.   But I don't think Schlenk holds on to Dennis going into the season. A team would have to be desperate to make a fair deadline deal with us for Dennis.  I just don't see a team being that desperate. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So please answer this question...Why did we have to make such a bad deal for a injured point guard to trade Dennis?  Why not sign another available point guard for $2-3 mil vs $12 mil?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So please answer this question...Why did we have to make such a bad deal for a injured point guard to trade Dennis?  Why not sign another available point guard for $2-3 mil vs $12 mil?

IT was only 1.5 mil as a BU. More than reasonable and feel that with Jent still here his shot could improve as well.

• Premium Member

Unless we trade Dennis this is one of the worst trades I've ever seen. It literally makes no sense. The fact the Nets used this trade to immediately make a far better trade using the same cap space room we could have used is mind boggling.

There has to be more to this than we know. If not then Stink is even more stupid than I thought possible after he traded away Doncic for Acie Law 2.0.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Unless we trade Dennis this is one of the worst trades I've ever seen. It literally makes no sense.

I am still confused as to what 1 has to do with the other?  Dennis could have been traded before this deal.  So why are people linking the 2 separate transactions?

• Premium Member

I am still confused as to what 1 has to do with the other?  Dennis could have been traded before this deal.  So why are people linking the 2 separate transactions?

Because you don't trade your starting point guard unless you have someone that can replace him. Lin as a one year rental to replace Dennis makes sense if that's what will happen. Bringing in Lin under any other circumstance is just plain idiocy.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Because this is a PG that Schlenk Knows and he comes off the books next year.

here's the thing...

I see a lot of you talking better Cheaper PGs are available.   My question...  Where?

Here, use the free agent tracker to help you. 

• Like 2

If u ask me I believe value is seen in Lin injured or not as he always has a positive attitude and isn’t an alpha asshole like attitude. Not to say Dennis has a bad attitude but Dennis has that alpha style attitude about him self...he wants to be the man and handing over his starting duties eventually to Trae ain’t gon sit well with him if he stays 

• Like 1