• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

hehe... ya know, if that Mets thing doesn't work out, maybe we can add Tim Tebow, too???

EDIT: Does Tony Robbins play ball? He's 6'7" I know that. Jury's still out on that 3rd SF, right???

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

For me, that wouldn't have been an automatic "yes"... depending on what else was on the hot stove at the time.

Adding Faried, imo, is similar to adding a Dwight Howard figure, both on and off the court, except without any actual history of ever being all that exceptional. If obtained, it would almost have to be with the intention that a buyout would shortly follow.

Yes, something would have to be done. We did not need two more bigs, Faried and Arthur, to go along with Plumlee, Moose, Spellman, Collins, and Dedmon. Maybe that was what sealed it for the Nets, they were willing to take both, Who knows?

Some would think 20 million dollars for a protected first is a steep price.

• Like 1

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thas some good stuff.  Did you steal it from someone funny?  Ohhhhh

"I learned it from you, Dad....I learned it from watching you."

f247433e5550b25cae662d5e13e26fda.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

We take on dead Lin salary so they can make the deal we should have made.  Not only did we pass on the better deal, we enabled our EC rival to do it.  :fie:

Now the only out for Schlenk on this is to come up with another domino to fall that makes this part of a multiple transaction and get a better return than that Denver pick.  Because right now Travis looks like he got schooled on a trade.  Again.

I'm not judging til I see the other move made.   I think it's very possible that Dennis is on the move.  Hell, Dennis for Mirotic/Okafor could be the move.. and we'd all like it. 

Just now, Diesel said:

I'm not judging til I see the other move made.   I think it's very possible that Dennis is on the move.  Hell, Dennis for Mirotic/Okafor could be the move.. and we'd all like it. 

NO has zero reason to make this deal

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Dennis gets traded there are one of two possibilities for me:

(a) it was made possible by this Lin deal and the Dennis trade is good enough to justify passing on Denver's 2019 first.

(b) it could have been made whether we traded for Lin or not and I'll judge that trade on its own merits and crap all over passing on a first for $13.75M of Lin (absent further moves involving Lin).

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Eh, they still have Jrue.  Do they want $40 million worth of PGs for the next 3 years?

Holiday = SG.   They want to be able to push the pace and get the ball to Davis like they did with Rondo.   Payton is nowhere close to Rondo.   He doesn't push the pace well as he proved in Phoenix and He can't shoot a lick.   Dennis fits them very well.   PNR with Davis and push outs to Moore and Holiday would be the stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Holiday = SG.   They want to be able to push the pace and get the ball to Davis like they did with Rondo.   Payton is nowhere close to Rondo.   He doesn't push the pace well as he proved in Phoenix and He can't shoot a lick.   Dennis fits them very well.   PNR with Davis and push outs to Moore and Holiday would be the stuff. 

Holiday plays both positions and starts at PG. He's used like Lin

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

If Dennis gets traded there are one of two possibilities for me:

(a) it was made possible by this Lin deal and the Dennis trade is good enough to justify passing on Denver's 2019 first.

(b) it could have been made whether we traded for Lin or not and I'll judge that trade on its own merits and crap all over passing on a first for $13.75M of Lin (absent further moves involving Lin).

A lot of you all are crying about another first round pick in 2019.  It's very possible that we would have three already.   Ours, Dallas' and Clevelands'.   SO now, you want to top that with a 4th?   Have you thought about the 2019 draft class?  None of them guys can shoot.  Why would you hand out 4 guaranteed contracts to jokers who can't shoot?

Lin is a BU for Trae.  Trae will be given the keys and Dennis will be moved.   That's all there is.  The only question is who do we get for Dennis?

Vucev, Mirotic, ??  I don't know but I won't judge this move until I see what we get. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Holiday plays both positions and starts at PG. He's used like Lin

The Pelicans were happy with Holiday playing beside Rondo and want that same thing.  They want a PG who can push the pace and get the ball to Davis in his spots.  They picked Payton but Payton can't shoot and he's half the PG that Dennis is. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Pelicans were happy with Holiday playing beside Rondo and want that same thing.  They want a PG who can push the pace and get the ball to Davis in his spots.  They picked Payton but Payton can't shoot and he's half the PG that Dennis is. 

I agree I think this season proved that holiday is more impactful at the 2 rather than at point ....just my two cents...

so yeah they probably want a credible point guard they can start with holiday in the backcourt 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A lot of you all are crying about another first round pick in 2019.  It's very possible that we would have three already.   Ours, Dallas' and Clevelands'.   SO now, you want to top that with a 4th?   Have you thought about the 2019 draft class?  None of them guys can shoot.  Why would you hand out 4 guaranteed contracts to jokers who can't shoot?

Lin is a BU for Trae.  Trae will be given the keys and Dennis will be moved.   That's all there is.  The only question is who do we get for Dennis?

Vucev, Mirotic, ??  I don't know but I won't judge this move until I see what we get. 

You realize that Philly flipped their first this year for both another first and an unprotected Miami future pick that could be in the lottery, right? Another first is absolutely more valuable than Lin.  Lin can't be counted on to play let alone be some impact BU.  In a year when guys with his talent are signing for $3M and less, paying $13.75M for him while simultaneously enabling our trade partner to scoop up that first round pick is just hard to swallow as good value.

• Moderators

If anyone thinks this deal enables us to pull off other deals more easily than hoarding our cap space, I'd be interested to see a hypothetical deal that this enables that we couldn't do just with our cap space.  Involving other players on the roster is perfectly fine.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Apparently we are still taping stuff in Atlanta.  Woj just released this transcript:

Sean Marks:  "Hey Travis, know who you can get for the bargain price of $12.5M next season?  I'll even throw in a 2020 2nd round pick."

Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfe

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Remember all the money he made Charlotte?  Lin is like the biggest thing in sports.  Going to be such a huge marketing force in 2019.  

Linsanity has gone the way of the dodo bird.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

What asset was Schlenk able to get for Belinelli?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Doesn't Trae-T-L have more 'ring' to it?

Thas some good stuff.  Did you steal it from someone funny?  Ohhhhh

Heh, pretty dure DS won't be seeing this post for a while.  I think his visa got revoked.

Preach.  Also agree that Slink is excelling as a director of scouting.  Not so much as director of GMing.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Trae-T-L.  Dammit kg.

@kg01 for the win.

1 hour ago, DBac said:

Again, it's not about trading for a PG. Our goal this offseason was supposed to be taking on bad salary for assets and here we have taken on bad salary for nothing.

Only decent trade that Schlenk has made was for HOU 1st round pick tbh. Unfortunate that they turned out to be the best team in the NBA, but at least we sort of got something for letting Millsap walk.

Say it again.

Horford - nothing, Milsap - Nothing, DMC - nothing,  Beli and Illy - Nothing, Dennis for all these lousy trade ideas - nothing.  I'm sensing a pattern here.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

? just don’t be toysrus rip

ps I cried for Joffrey (Lauvergne not the ?)...

@JayBirdHawk Put a sock in it Joffrey, Schlink is in love ? 

tumblr_inline_nplfgf4ytz1skx1cn_500.gif

oops Wrong Joff ??:biggrin:

31 minutes ago, AHF said:

"I learned it from you, Dad....I learned it from watching you."

f247433e5550b25cae662d5e13e26fda.jpg

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You can never have too many 1st round picks.  You can use them in a trade, combine them to trade up, use one to move a bad salary, exchange a 2019 for a 2020.

They are valuable comodities.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm no fan of Payton but if they are looking for someone who can shoot and get the ball to Davis there are better and cheaper options than Dennis.  Plus there is no way they give up Mirotic.   The team played really well after acquiring him.