• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I really can't see this being more of a marketing ploy for Duluth, Doraville and Johns Creek residents at this point.

I've said as much.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lin wont be ready till December regardless of him saying Training camp. He's not even doing more than 1v1 of yet.

Smh.  Deal is looking worse and worse.

• Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

Lol way to call them out ...I too believe this is all a marketing move sadly. 

I’m hoping schlenk has another trade on the table though. Cause I’m not so sure Lin is still getting Asian fans out the door abc in the arena.

Maybe Addias asked Atlanta to do this and they would globally market the Hawks and Trae Young. Idk

Maybe during the season but with Dennis pending case, we just gonna have to wait and see

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Maybe Addias asked Atlanta to do this and they would globally market the Hawks and Trae Young. Idk

Maybe during the season but with Dennis pending case, we just gonna have to wait and see

Now that's an interesting twist. Koonin must be loving all the marketing he's gonna come up with.

:blanky:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I been on Reddit where the Asian are in masse, they are talking about buying jerseys, tickets, happy af. This might have been a business move. 13 million for 60 million of profit is a no brainer 

They can stay on Reddit. Don't tell the about SquawkWorld :no:

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Never doubt the Hawks to do whatever it takes to make a profit

No doubt.

• Like 1

Just now, smoove31210 said:

Atlanta "cash considerations" Hawks!

Koonin, we can market Young to the city. But he's not ready yet. Well, who's available: 

Isaiah Thomas, Senlenk, hell no. He wants to start. 

Michael Carter Williams- wow :ahf:

Rondo- Koonin, he is popluar but he is a winner. Senlenk- wants to win and wants too much money.

Senlenk- how about Delaney? Koonin- I couldn't market him to his own momma. 

Jeremy Lin- :Hump::Nique::Bob::Schroder::Scott:

:batman:Hawksanity. Johns Creek, Duluth, and Doraville are going to me :air_kiss: -Koonin 

We can get on Asian TV too. Wow!

• Like 2

I do think something is in the works for Dennis down the road and that has put the priority on getting not just any PG, but a PG who could mentor Trae and has starting talent. I called this one months ago.

Not trading with Denver; many variables. To many to guess on, It is easy to guess Travis turned them down but it is just as easy to guess Denver had this deal in place for weeks with the Nets and did not want to break their word.

I won't lose any sleep over it. But those of you who think you can fix the Hawks with your guessing, please feel free to do so,

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They can stay on Reddit. Don't tell the about SquawkWorld :no:

Heh.  I think, when burd says 'they', she's referring to Lin-only fans.  Not referring to Asians in general.

Not that you can't defend yourself, but I wouldn't want anyone to misinterpret that. :happy:

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

More and more seems like fans are just fans of players and not teams.   I don't believe in that but in some ways it almost makes more sense.   

I'm a Hawks fan.  I like certain players but I feel no sense of 'investment' in their success/failure elsewhere.  Not really.  So, I don't really understand the whole 'I'm a fan of this guy' thing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh.  I think, when burd says 'they', she's referring to Lin-only fans.  Not referring to Asians in general.

Not that you can't defend yourself, but I wouldn't want anyone to misinterpret that. :happy:

Yes the Lin-Only fans. They've already been poppping up in the new country.

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

I'm a Hawks fan.  I like certain players but I feel no sense of 'investment' in their success/failure elsewhere.  Not really.  So, I don't really understand the whole 'I'm a fan of this guy' thing.

There are a lot of player fans in Basketball. My Uncle from the VI is a Spurs fan due to Tim Duncan. That happens often if the fan is 1st generation or from another country 

Just now, macdaddy said:

Let's go all in for world wide marketing.  Can we get Zhou Qi from the Rockets?

As someone who lives in Houston, no one even the Asians dont give a rats about him.

Lin is actually good. That's why he has fans and he's a guard.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I do think something is in the works for Dennis down the road and that has put the priority on getting not just any PG, but a PG who could mentor Trae and has starting talent. I called this one months ago.

Not trading with Denver; many variables. To many to guess on, It is easy to guess Travis turned them down but it is just as easy to guess Denver had this deal in place for weeks with the Nets and did not want to break their word.

I won't lose any sleep over it. But those of you who think you can fix the Hawks with your guessing, please feel free to do so,

You do know that this is an exchange of ideas only about what we like or dislike, things we think that works as opposed to not and none of us can actually fix the Hawks right.

So I don't think anyone is losing sleep

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes the Lin-Only fans. They've already been poppping up in the new country.

What have we done ....

.... nobody tell them about this place ... or have the mods already done it for 'cash considerations' reasons?

Sonofa ...

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

There are a lot of player fans in Basketball. My Uncle from the VI is a Spurs fan due to Tim Duncan. That happens often if the fan is 1st generation or from another country 

I can understand that piece of it but I imagine that's not the bulk of player-only fans.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Let's go all in for world wide marketing.  Can we get Zhou Qi from the Rockets?

Uhm ... let's not and say we did.

• Like 1